Best Split stay advice

misskari

Mouseketeer
My husband, 2yr old and I are looking to do our first split stay! 6 nights in a 1BR at BC and then 6 nights at BLT 1 BR - lake view in late Sept. What’s your best advice for getting the reservations to go as planned?

If it’s available no problem at all.

I usually hop in taxi with my stuff to new resort and check in.

Or just have them transfer your stuff for you and head to park and then head over to new resort.

I love split stays!
Not sure if they give new magic bands still or you can u same ones.
Kerri

What resorts do you own? BCV is tough then due to F&W. 1BR are easier to get than studios so you have that going for you. Sept is easier than mid to late Oct.

We do split stays a lot. We usually have our car so we load stuff in car and drive over to new resort, park car and head out to a park or DS until our new room is ready. Most of the time our new room isn't ready until 3-4pm...so we stopped making location requests and that has helped. Last trip was more like 2-2:30.

Packing....I use gallon ziplocs for bathroom stuff and kitchen type stuff so I can pull them out and throw them in my suitcase real quick. If in a room 1-3 nights I will open suitcase and place it on luggage stand and just take clothes from it as needed. If in a room 4+ days then I will put stuff in drawers. I just bought two sets of packing cube things and hope they will be helpful for split stays.

We also tend to make late breakfast or lunch ADRs on resort switch days. Hoping maybe room will be ready right after but it never is. Our next trip is three nights at OKW and then two at Poly....the day we switch we made a lunch ADR at the Wave. We should get to Poly around 1:30 and I doubt room will be ready.

Last edited:
Things go more smoothly if you are completely checked out of the first resort before checking into the second. Stop at the front desk before you leave the first resort and request that the CM check you out completely. This will also ensure housekeeping is notified that the room is available to them. Might help the next family get into the room early.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter