Best trip ever, June '23 Japan Trip Report - update USJ 11/29

We have never been to Universal, so when we went to Japan we decided to do USJ and like you got tickets and express passes...and it rained all day. I mean, just poured. Lots of rides were down. Within the first 30 minutes of being there our shoes were soaked. I don't want to say it colored our view of the park but honestly the weather made the day absolutely miserable. My husband really wanted to go- he likes big coasters- and the kids were excited for Nintendo land, so we really tried to make the best of it and keep a positive attitude...but we now know we are Disney people!! Also Disney was so much cheaper.

We have never been to Universal, so when we went to Japan we decided to do USJ and like you got tickets and express passes...and it rained all day. I mean, just poured. Lots of rides were down. Within the first 30 minutes of being there our shoes were soaked. I don't want to say it colored our view of the park but honestly the weather made the day absolutely miserable. My husband really wanted to go- he likes big coasters- and the kids were excited for Nintendo land, so we really tried to make the best of it and keep a positive attitude...but we now know we are Disney people!! Also Disney was so much cheaper.
Oh no, I'm so sorry. Rain can really put a damper on the a park day. We really did get super lucky the entire trip, we had moments of down-pours but nothing ever lasted more than a couple of hours.

June 20, 2023
Osaka
We slept in just a since the Cupnoodle Museum didn't open until 10AM. It was about a 45 minute train ride from Universal Studios.
1703183984457.png
It was 500 yen to purchase the cup, it was cash only and they had a change machine there.
1703183998662.png
We only spent about an hour there, not very much to see (we didn't see the factory part), but it was very cool to be able to make our own ramen cups.
From there we headed to the heart of Osaka, where we ate our way through town. I wish I would have done a food tour, I really didn't do enough research. I did have notes but I felt like I was constantly looking at my phone.
1703185897563.png
After that we headed back to our hotel to pack and get ready to move.
Since the day turned out to be beautiful we headed back to the park entrance and took pictures we missed the day before.
1703186066272.png
We had dinner at City Walk - we had 551 Horai. The buns were delicious but we underestimated how filling they would be, we had leftovers. Finding a place to sit and eat was challenging, but we ended up going to the 3rd floor to get a couple of beers and just ate up there.

We definitely didn't spend enough time in Osaka, I would love to go back to explore more of the city.

How much time did you spend there? We are planning on 5 days: 2 at USJ, 1 in Himeji, and the rest in Osaka. We are spending a separate 5 days in Kyoto, including 1 day in Nara and a day at Ghibli.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter