Best use of wasted 4 points?

Could you add one more day to your stay and you purchase the OTU points?

If you are not traveling in your 2025 UY, then the points would not make sense to move any other than the flexibility to have longer to get something booked using OTU points.

For me, I’d probably just let it go.
Yes, Frozen It....Let' It Go...Let It Go...

I had a similar situation for this May for our upcoming stay at Aulani. Had 4 straggler points and bought some one time use points for an additional nights stay. Forget about the OTU, called DVC and got it worked out.

Good luck Chili.

I had 6 points last year that I was going to lose, so the second they became orphaned I just ignored them like they were already gone (until they finally dropped off in December). It just wasn't worth the effort to try and squeeze life out of what amounts to $70 worth of points.

It would be nice if Disney had a ‘bank’ for points in these types of situations that could be donated to Make a Wish or similar program
Yea that would be great!!

I would just offer to give them away to anyone who could use them here.I had 6 points I couldn't use a few years ago and that's what I did.
Thats what I was thinking, is there any downside to this? Like, I can only transfer once a year so I’d not be able to rent out points if I wanted to, or…?

Yea that would be great!!

Thats what I was thinking, is there any downside to this? Like, I can only transfer once a year so I’d not be able to rent out points if I wanted to, or…?
Yes, only 1 transfer a year. You can still rent out if that's your desire.

I will have 2 banked points that will be lost. Would be happy to give them to a member here. Awe allowed to say that?

As far as your 4 points in holding…the way I’m thinking of the 2 banked points is to just let them go. Say they are worth $20 if renting- pay taxes and it comes out to ~$13 per point.

I’ve resigned myself to accept I’m going g to lose some points throughout some use years. If you secured your desired resort, then that’s a good thing. Enjoy the trip.

I’ve had something similar happen. You can call member services and see if they can “reassign” your points. Basically they will reassign your points to use the 2025 borrowed ones first, then your leftover points (June 2024) will be used last, thus you can bank them into 2025 without losing them
I've done this during the modification process.

I will have 2 banked points that will be lost. Would be happy to give them to a member here. Awe allowed to say that?
Yes, but you have no way to actually do it, unless you want to add enough points (borrow or buy OTU or accept a transfer) to make a reservation you can rent.

DVC does not allowed banked points to be transferred.

Yes, but you have no way to actually do it, unless you want to add enough points (borrow or buy OTU or accept a transfer) to make a reservation you can rent.

DVC does not allowed banked points to be transferred.
Forgot about that. Bummer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter