*** BEST WDW TIPS COMPILED *****

I received a list of "best known disney secrets" just a few weeks ago!! I emailed it to posters 181-194. Except for MISSYLEXI- I didn't know if you wanted a list or were just trying to help out!?! Hope it is what everyone was looking for! I will try to send out some more when I get the chance- about to leave work now. :thumbsup2

Hey, I just pm'd you--I was just wondering if you could email me a copy of your best known secrets to my email address: jpaolucci@zoomtown.com

TIA---Megansmom :goodvibes

I received a list of "best known disney secrets" just a few weeks ago!! I emailed it to posters 181-194. Except for MISSYLEXI- I didn't know if you wanted a list or were just trying to help out!?! Hope it is what everyone was looking for! I will try to send out some more when I get the chance- about to leave work now. :thumbsup2

I was trying to help out, I thought I was sent one so I tried to send it on, then I realized it was not the list. If you would, could you please send me a copy? Thank you and sorry for the confussion. goofy20001@msn.com

Ok- I didn't realize how many people had posted a "send me one please" request!! I definitely think it would be much easier to just post it so everyone could copy it!!
Thing is I am a newbie myself- have not been to WDW in almost 15yrs and am going this Nov w/my DM, DD10, & DS12. A fellow diser sent me a list several weeks ago,I don't know how old this list is or how outdated the info is, but I would be happy to post it so everyone could see it!! Problem is I am not only a newbie I am also border line computer illiterate... I was going to just copy and paste my copy of the secrets to this post, but it is sooooo long that it won't let me do that all at one time anyway. Any smart computer people out there know how to fix this problem? I have looked and looked and don't see anywhere that allows you to attach a document.

Why not try putting it in several consecutive posts? :idea: I've seen that done before with other types of lists - pull up a reply screen, put in as much of the list as you can, put "cont'd" at the end and post it. Pull up another screen, pick up where the first one left off and post that, etc. until all of the list has been posted. It beats having a zillion requests for you to send it via e-mail or PM! :thumbsup2

Just an idea! :cool2:

I tired the new link. I could not get it to work. Our you still emailing the list? If so I would appreciate a copy if I could> Please email (if available)
ec0323@yahoo.com

Thank you.

Sorry- I have not been on the discussion board in awhile. I have gone back to school to upgrade from Associate Degree RN to Bachelor's degree RN and just finished up!!:banana: I am taking a semester off before going on to complete my masters and be a Nurse Practitioner so now I can devote more time to planning our vacation!!:woohoo:

I am going to post the tips that I recieved from a generous diser on to several consecutive posts so everyone can get them! Hope this is what everyone's looking for... Here is the first post:

MAGIC KINGDOM--General Info—(1) Walt designed the parks so when you pass from land to land, you don't see the others. If you where in Liberty Square, you can't see Fantasyland, trees, buildings, and distractions like the water wheel. The noise keeps you from looking to your left and seeing the other lands (even the pavement changes to match the new [mood] land). (2) Small pipes shoot the trash through the utilidors under the Magic Kingdom at 60 mph. (3) If there are 2 lines and you can't see the loading area from where you are, take the line to the left. (4) In the MK, you will rarely see a Frontierland CM walking around in Tomorrowland. Most CMs arrive to work in their own clothes and then check in at costuming to pick up their costume. When going on breaks etc., they use the tunnel system under the MK (ground level, as you most know) to travel between lands, as not to ruin the effect of each land. (5) Ever notice there isn't a lot of gum stuck on rides, trees, waiting areas in WDW? That's because they don't sell it, just for this reason. (6) There are more than 20,000 different colors of paint used in Walt Disney World. (7) If you were to wash and dry one load of laundry every day for the next 44 years, you'd clean about as much as the Cast Members at the Walt Disney World Laundry do in a single DAY! (8) The Walt Disney and Mickey Mouse statue in MK, did everyone see what is on Walt's right finger ring? (9) I remember reading that the walkway in MK is red because Walt wanted to lay out the "red carpet" for all guests. (10) This goes along with the characters. They watch the color of the cement behind the scenes. When it changes color, they know that they have to be in character before they enter the parks. The same goes with leaving. As long as they are on that color, they must be in character even if it is behind the gates. That is, in case the gates are not closed and a child or anyone can look and see them. So, they are not allowed to take the costume off be out of character. They don't want anyone to see Mickey without his head. (11) On the Keys to the Kingdom tour they mention that in WDW no trash can will ever be more than 30 steps away from you. It seems that Walt went to other parks when he was designing the park and counted how long a person would hold onto a piece of trash before dropping it on the ground. He came up with 30 steps.
Celebrity Voices--Many celebrity voices—(1) Tim Curry as S.I.R. in Alien Encounter to Pee Wee Herman in Star Tours.(2) And, while he's not widely known for much more than being the voice of Tony the Tiger, check out the official Disney section of this Thurl Ravenscroft fan site to get in on all of the voices that you know and love on Disney attractions that Thurl provided like the drunken pirate, the singing dog, and one of the minstrels in Pirates; Fritz in the Tiki Birds; Buff the buffalo head in Country Bear Jamboree; and you can hear -- and SEE -- Thurl as busted bust singing Grim Grinning Ghosts in The Haunted Mansion.
Parking Lot—(1) The MK Parking Lot only 6 of the 7 dwarfs have a lot named after them! There is Sleepy, Dopey, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful, and Sneezy. No Doc! Why no Doc? Because while naming the sections in the world's 3rd largest parking lot, the designers were afraid people might get the Boat Dock and the Parking Lot "Doc" confused. (2) You could fit all of DisneyLand into the MK Parking Lot and still have room to park 500 cars!
Phones--One in Tomorrowland under the TTA and Astro Orbiter. There's also one in one of the shops on Main Street (candy store?). I believe there may be one in the Main Street Railroad Station??? Pick them up and listen to the interesting conversations.
Afternoon Parade—(1) Find a place in Frontierland to watch the afternoon parade. Choose a late lunch. Once you have a parade spot and have planted yourself there, send one person for food either at the burger place or back around by Pirates at the taco stand. (They branch out from the same center kitchen). Then eat while you are waiting. Don't spend 35 minutes eating lunch (or longer at peak time) then another 45 waiting for the parade--combine!!! (2) If you are near the beginning of the parade, once it is done, go the wrong way in traffic (it will be a challenge!!!) and head back into Pirates, Tree House, Magic carpets, Jungle Cruise. They will be deserted.
Aladdin--The Golden Camel in front of the Aladdin ride (Adventureland MK) is controlled by someone hidden nearby and shoots unwary guests as they walk by. I stood there taking video from a distance and laughed my head off. Whoever was controlling it was able to nail a few people in the back of the head!
Astro Orbiter—Hidden Mickey-- near one of the stability pillars in front of Astro Orbiter on the side facing Space Mountain. It is definitely an imprint of a classic Mickey in the cement.
Big Thunder Mtn.—(1) Walk to the exit from Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. Behind the fence (on the left side as you exit the ride), between two metal carts and behind a cactus is a cutout in the reddish rock that resembles a side profile of Tinker Bell. (2) Three rusty gears lying on the grass as you reenter the station. (3) In queue area for Big Thunder, look for crate that says, "Lytum & Hyde Explosives Company."
Buzz Lightyear—(1) A CM at the end of the Buzz Lightyear ride (just before the gift shop area) may choose you to find a hidden Disney Character somewhere in the area from the entrance of the shop forward. The character I found was Stitch (from Lilo and Stitch) but I'm not going to say where...find this one ahead of time, just in case you're picked, because you get a free copy of your picture and a free souvenir if you can point it out in under five minutes! (2) The big points in Buzz are found leaving the first room. Turn around and shoot the back of the Orange robots arm or the back of the buzz saw. 100,000 points. The car turns automatically away form these so turn back score big! (3) In the very last Buzz Lightyear room where you are still able to shoot, look forward at the top left corner, there's a planet with Mickey on it. This same planet is also on the map of planets in the waiting area just as you enter. The planet is blue, if that helps you any.
Carousel of Progress—(1) There is a Picture of Walt Disney hidden in the CoP. It is in the daughter's room in the 1940s on the wall you are facing as you sit in front of the stage wall in the upper left corner (2) You should be able to spot four Hidden Mickeys in the final scene. Mickey appears as a nutcracker on the fireplace mantle, a plush peeking out from a present, a white peppermill on the kitchen counter, and an abstract painting on the dining room wall. (3) The voice of the grandfather in the final scene is the voice of the man who was the main character voice in the original 1964 Worlds Fair version. Mel Blanc is the voice of Cousin Orville. Mel's son, Noel, is the voice of some of the characters on the radio in the earlier scenes. The current voice of the main character you may recognize as the voice of the narrator from "A Christmas Story". "Can't get no privacy” line sounds faintly like Yosemite Sam. (4) The dog holding the keys in Pirates of the Caribbean and the dog in Carousel of Progress are both Walt Disney's dog, or so I've heard.
Castle—(1) Sit in the outer edge of the Plaza restaurant...basically look at the castle, find the wire that goes from the castle down to the restaurant rooftop on the right, and go get a seat under it. TinkerBell will fly down that wire and right over the top of your heads! (2) I haven't seen this one posted, but it was fun for my kids to discover the little mice up in the rafters of the lobby of the castle. Gus and Jacques in the throne room at Cinderella’s Royal Table. (3) Behind the castle is a fountain with Cinderella. If you bend down and look at the fountain, the crown on the back wall appears to crown Cinderella. (4) On Cinderella’s Carrousel is the only place in Fantasyland where you can see a picture of Cinderella running with her prince to their carriage after just being married. (5) When you take a walk down Main Street, take a good close look at the castle. You will notice that the "bricks" get smaller the higher up the castle goes. The Imagineers called it the "forced perspective" technique. The castle looks a little taller than it would if all the "bricks" were the same size. (6) Stand behind Cinderella’s castle during the Cinderella surprise celebration show. Peter pan and Hook have to run from the top of the castle to the stage and they use that area by Tink's treasures. It's really funny too. They will do something silly, and peter will make a comment about the chase! (7) Inside the walls of the walk-through of the castle are several mosaics. On the mosaic wall farthest from the entrance are the two stepsisters, Anastasia and Drusilla. The mosaic shows one of them with a red face and the other with a green face. Red with Rage and Green with envy!!! (8) There are approx. one million mosaics to make up the scenes. (9) This may have already been mentioned, but if you sit on the stone ledge on the side of the castle, you will hear Stitch giggle and tell you to be quiet because he's hiding. The kids got a kick out of that when I told them to sit there for a break.
Characters—(1) If you see a human character, like Mary Poppins, ask them a question about their movie and they go right into character. I had Mary doing supercalifragilistic backwards! Kiss all the female "non-human hands" and watch their reaction. (2) During the morning session about 15 min. before Buzz and Woody are scheduled to come out, the Army men come out in their Jeep and do a preshow. They choose 8-9 kids that were there early to line up. They had them shout their names and handed them weapons. Buzz and Woody made their appearance for a group photo with all of them. (3) Cinderella comes into the downstairs lobby of "Cinderella's Royal Table" restaurant a few times a day, and you don't have to eat your meal there. (4) The characters at the Fairy Tale Favorites line at the Toontown Hall of Fame change on the hour, but the Mickey's Friends and Pooh Friends are the same all the time. Go late in the hour, come out, and jump back in line for the top the hour. Some characters might pop out from behind the Judges Tent.
Cinderella’s Carousel—(1) There is only one horse on the carousel that has a gold ribbon on its tail. This particular horse is rumored to be Cinderella's favorite. (At least that's what the fairy godmother said.)
Country Bears--The claw marks on the floor of The Country Bear Jamboree.
Fantasyland--When you go to Sir Mickey's Shop in Fantasyland, look at where the roof meets the walls. You will see Willie the Giant from Mickey and the Beanstalk peeking into the shop.
Fireworks--If you don't need to see Tinkerbell fly or see the front of the castle while watching the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom, go BEHIND the castle to see the fireworks. The view is fantastic, and you don't have to fight crowds. In fact, we usually grab a seat at one of the outdoor restaurants and enjoy! Nice to sit down after a long day at the MK.
Food—(1) Get a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle at MK. (2) Eating lunch at The Pinocchio Village Haus and looking out of the window that overlooks the loading/unloading area inside of It's A Small World. Pinocchio's Village Haus is made up of seven themed rooms. They are named Blue Fairy, Cleo, Figaro, Jiminy Cricket, Monstro, Stromboli, and Geppetto's Workshop. Also, one of the chairs has a Mickey head in the craved into the back it. (3) Not sure if this counts as a theme park secret, but it is very helpful if you have small children. The sticks from the Mickey Bar Ice Cream will fit through the slit in a soda cup top. This works great at catching ice cream drips for the little ones. (4) Try having a late evening meal or snack outside on the second story balcony of Pinocchio's Village Haus as the lights are coming on at night in Fantasyland. All the trees and rides are lit up and it is a wonderful spot to sit and relax! (5) The talking trash can in the McDonalds restaurant by the AllStars. My husband was so startled by it that he actually dropped his tray into the trash!
FrontierLand--At the Frontierland RR Station, look for a wooden leg named Smith. It is a reference to a joke in Mary Poppins. "I knew a man with a wooden leg named Smith." "What's the name of his other leg?"
Haunted Mansion—(1) After riding the elevator/stretching room down, as you walk to the cars, there is a lobby with a desk and lamp. On the desk is a dictionary that is turned to the word death. This is not easy to see since it’s supposed to be behind a barrier, but go ahead and look because nobody is there to stop you....or is there...(2) The Bride's Ring (thrown from the attic and trampled into the ground by the invisible horse) by the mansion exit. (3) Hidden Mickey on dining room table, in the library, and on the right hand corner of the spirit. (4) Hidden Mickey, as you face Liberty Square and are at the iron gate. Look to the left--the thing that holds the gate at the bottom is a Hidden Mickey. (5) If you're by the Haunted Mansion at night, look up at the top story right above the front door. If you watch it for a while, you'll notice a light pass by it and some shadows. It looks like 2 people are walking by with a lantern. (6) When you go to board the doom buggies at the Haunted Mansion, notice the last bat head before you board has no features on it, it is smooth from all the hands rubbing over it through the years. (7) The 17th-century mansion of Master Gracie is supposedly on the Hudson River. The Hall of Presidents is supposed to represent Pennsylvania. I think the river for the paddle boat was supposed to be on the Mississippi, but my notes are a little confusing to even me. Also, have to check what Tom Sawyer's Island actually represented. The diamond horseshoe is at the gateway to the west, St. Louis MO. The old wooden cottage of the Country Bear Jamboree symbolically represents Colorado. (8) The top architecture is very easy to recognize as chess pieces. The architect was famous for building structures that had chess pieces as a part of the structure. When he was commissioned to build the HM, he continued his "signature" and added some chess piece architecture to the top of it. The only chess piece missing from the outside is the knight. This is because it is always (k)night INSIDE! (9) Hidden Donalds--red velvet chairs in the hallway area--Donald's face is on the whole "back" of the chair. (CM said there were 2 Donalds, 5 Mickeys, and a hidden ring.) (10) At the HM, the carriage in the courtyard is being led by an invisible horse, notice the hoof prints (go at night if you can). The invisible horse is called "Old Glue" or "Elmer" and the black hearse is the same one used in a John Wayne movie called THE SONS OF KATIE ELDER. Follow the hoof prints (and wheel tracks of the hearse) out to the area where the fast pass machines are housed. This is called the Stable because you can see horse whips, bridles, and horse shoes hanging down from above (10) Stand in front of the hearse at the Haunted Mansion and listen. You will hear the "ghost" horse whiney. (11) In the pet cemetery at the very, very back, in the top left corner (I think), you can see Mr. Toad! (12) Loeota Toombs (Thomas) was the woman on the gravestone and the small bride right before you exit urging you to "hurry back"--this is actually her voice played here. She is the head in the crystal ball, but the voice of the crystal ball Leota is actually Eleanor Audley, who did the voice for Maleficent and Lady Tremain (from Cinderella). Leota was not an Imagineer, she was part of the costuming department (wigs). Walt saw her as he was touring the department and said, "You've got a face that should be in the Haunted Mansion." What he meant was that she was quite beautiful, and he wanted her likeness as the now-famous Madame Leota. (13) At one point in the ride, you fall out of an attic window and die! I think this occurs when your doom buggy turns backwards and you make that steep descent...supposedly, if you pay close attention, the ghosts have not acknowledged you before that point, but after you "die," you enter the party scene, and that's when they acknowledge you for the first time! (14) The creepy organ music you hear in the stretching room is just "Grim Grinning Ghosts" slowed way down. You are hearing one song on the whole ride starting very slow and getting faster as the ride goes on. (15) The "hands" on the clock are actually FINGERS !?!?!?!?!? (16) The one-winged bat really has both wings--one is extended as if stretching the wing and the other is still by the side of the body !!! (Once you leave the stretching room and make your way through the queue to your doom buggy, you pass posts to which the chains are attached. Those posts have bats at the "head" or top of them. There are three "one-wing-stretched" posts. Look where you make your turns to change the direction the line moves. (17) Towards the end of the grave yard of the Haunted mansion (while inside the ride), there is a ghost in a window-type thing holding some keys well the key holder. (18) In the Haunted Mansion in the ballroom scene, there is an old lady sitting in a rocking chair. This animatronic figure is a duplicate made from the Grandmother in one of the side scenes of the Carousel of Progress. That's kind of cool. (19) The well in front of the Haunted Mansion contains an Info Red Emitter (which activates the Info Red Receptor in Pal Mickey's nose). (20) 2nd ring in the pavement is a "fairy ring" formed by paving stones just beyond the well. This marks the spot where a huge oak tree once stood. It was removed when the fast pass machines were put in. If you stand in the middle of the fairy ring on the night of a full moon and call out "Leota" three times, she will come briefly to one of the upper windows of the mansion with her candle. (21) The area from the well to the building entrance is called the Colonnade. Towards the end of the Colonnade is the Family Plot with Imagineer "credits" on the tombstones. (22) A berm behind the Family Plot conceals the gigantic building for the ride -- none of which takes place in the brick mansion! (23) The Foyer is the only spot in the mansion in which you can take a flash photograph. (24) Six separate images are in the Aging Portrait above the fireplace as the young man ages and decays. The portrait was inspired by an Oscar Wilde novel called THE PICTURE OF DORIAN GRAY. (25) The Foyer and two Stretch Rooms form a Hidden Mickey. (25) Sidestepp the ride and use the exit on the right side of the Foyer to find a little corridor leading to the exit side of the mansion (used as a VIP or wheelchair entrance). In the passage, is a row of servant bells. Though the attic is not one of the locations for which there is a bell, Madame Leota has one. (26) Be among the first to exit for the Doom Buggies by standing on the side with the painting of the lady with the parasol (a painting of Master Gracey's first wife who was lured to her death by the machinations of Madam(e) Leota). (27) Who is the woman who screams in the stretch room? Some say this is the voice of a woman who has thrown herself down from the rafters and you can hear a dull thump at the end of the scream. (28) Notice the yellow bats painted on the conveyor of the load area. (29) Hippogriffs guarding two separate staircases. (30) There is a sea captain with a harpoon pictured in the Portrait Gallery. HM lore includes a story about the owner of the house being a sea captain who murders his bride. (And the weather vane at Disneyland's HM is a sailing ship!) (31) The piano player in the Music Room is invisible, but you can see his moving shadow on the floor. (32) The flowers in the conservatory wake scene are not dried out and shriveled (like the wreath on the mansion's front door). They are all still bright and alive. (33) There is a Hidden Tinker Bell in a pane of broken glass over the coffin! (34) A ghostly shadow of a claw sweep across the Ghostfather clock. (34) Look for the duelists who lean out of the paintings in the Grand Ballroom and shoot at each other. (35) Look for the Lon Chaney PHANTOM OF THE OPERA poster in the attic. (You can only see it when the lights are on.) (36) There are stars twinkling overhead in the graveyard scene! Notice that the outside of this house looks nothing like the brick manse outside. (37) A shaggy haunt by the singing executioner (and the knight) is the very same haunt who appears as one of the Hitchhiking Ghosts at the end! These three are Phineas, Ezra, and Gus.
It’s a Small World—(1) There is only one nation or region whose name is actually written out anywhere in the attraction. Look carefully for the small hat with the name "Mexico" written on it as you venture through the South American portion of the ride! (2) Only two of the figures represent the United States. The cowboy and the Eskimo. (3) The hidden Mickey banner on the ceiling of It's a Small World. In the Jungle room of Small World, the purple vines hanging from the ceiling are all Mickey's. (4) In the African Section, right above the giraffe on the right side of the boat there are some leaves. One leaf is in the shape of Mickey's silhoutte. We thought that was pretty cool. (5) In the Australia scene, there is a kangaroo bobbing back and forth, and the shadow of it on the wall makes a hidden Mickey.
Jungle Cruise—(1) At the exit of the Jungle Cruise, there is a large black board with list of missing persons and boats. The names are like Ben Eaton for people and Run Aground Sue for boats. (2) Hidden Minnie--As you are coming to the end of the Cambodian temple, on the left side there are areas of the wall that look like it's been worn away. One of these worn away areas is Minnie in profile. This was pointed out to me by the tour guide on the Keys to the Kingdom tour. (3) As you are entering the Jungle Cruise, stop and look at the truck parked at the entrance. The spare tire has been placed on the front over the radiator and the two headlights line up as the ears. (4) Each of the scenes in the Jungle Cruise attraction is taken from the True-Life Adventure Film Series that Walt Disney produced in the early 1960's. (5) During the Jungle Cruise rehab in early 2000, the concrete was reworked outside the queuing area. A profile hidden Mickey is present as an impression in the concrete work just before entering the queue. It is off to the right before the main entrance. You can see it as a puddle after it rains. (6) In the new Jungle cruise FastPass area, there are several inside jokes. The machines are made to look like crates. One is addressed to "Trader Sam's Cranial Curios, London, England", and one is addressed to Pamela Perkins President of the AC. Several of the items in the storage cage are addressed to various characters at the Explorers' Club (at Pleasure Island). (7) While on queue at the Jungle Cruise, one hears assorted scratchy 1930s records played over the PA system with a somewhat witty DJ bantering and making corny announcements and reading "the jungle news" on Congo's KBGO. One of the songs he plays is "You're the Top", by Cole Porter, and parts of the lyrics, which are very clearly audible and discernible go like this: "You're the melody/from a symphony/by Strauss!/You're an O'Neill drama!/You're Whistler's mama!/You're Mickey Mouse!" (8) Listen to the chanting tribesmen--one of them says "we love disco.” (9) The thatched roof material around Jungle Cruise is actually made of metal not straw (reach up and touch it).
Liberty Square—(1) We found the best place to see characters was the Riverboat in Liberty Square. You can't guarantee who will be on the boat, but it usually includes either Mickey or Minnie. We went twice, and both times there were at least 7-8 characters on board. It's not well advertised, and we had a chance to see them all with little or no waiting. It was only done for part of the day. (2) The Liberty Tree well over 100 years old (a.k.a. Southern Live Oak). The 13 lanterns hanging in the tree represent the original 13 colonies. (3) Listen for the subtle music changes between lands in the MK. Also notice how the pavement changes as well, especially as you travel across the nation and through time from Liberty Square (the Colonial Eastern US) into the Frontierland (western US). (4) In Liberty Square, where they have the building fronts with just door after door stop and take a look at them. (This is the area right behind the outdoor eating area.) The addresses on the doors are all two numbers. If you put 18 in front of it, that is the style of door that they would have had for that year. As you walk along, you can see the progression of the style. From the windows to the hardware to the door and window styles themselves. (5) There are no bathrooms located in Liberty Square, in keeping with the time period of that area. (6) As you enter the Columbia House Restaurant from the Fantasy Land end nearest Peter Pan's Flight (London), it is decorated to represent England and as you walk through, the decor changes to early American. What thought was put into all of this. As we change lands Fantasyland to Liberty Square, we are virtually crossing the Atlantic when you enter the Columbia House Restaurant end nearest the Small World attraction leaving the Old World Behind to make our fortunes in the New World. (7) In Liberty Square in MK, all of the shutters are hung slightly at an angle. This is because during the revolutionary war, England stopped shipping the US almost everything made of metal because the colonials would melt them down for bullets. One thing they did continue to ship was shutters. The colonials would take the metal hinges off the shutters to melt down for bullets and would hang the shutters with leather straps. Over time, the leather would stretch out, causing the shutters to hang at an angle. (8) Liberty Square was supposed to represent the East Coast of the United States all the way across to the Train station behind Splash Mountain which was to represent the West Coast of the United States. Pennsylvania is the "Liberty Tree and the Liberty Bell.” The small bridge and creek next to the "hat" shop near the shooting gallery is referred to by CMs as the "Little Mississippi.” (9) In Liberty Square (?Frontierland), look down at the main walkway (which is also the parade route). Instead of just plain cement, there's also and area a couple feet wide that goes all the way down the walkway and looks like a brownish/yellow gravel. In frontier times, the streets had a urine trough in them for the all of the horse urine. The gravel area represents the urine trough. (10) Liberty Square Christmas shop--Look closely! It's actually three separate shops with the walls opened between them. They are supposed to be owned by three different colonial families--a German family, a woodcarver's family, and a musician's family. (11) Once again…Did you know that from Liberty Square to Frontierland actually has a geographical "map" to it? Liberty Square was supposed to represent the East Coast of the United States all the way across to the Train station behind splash Mountain which was to represent the West Coast of the United States. The 17th-century mansion of master Gracie is supposedly on the Hudson River. The Hall of Presidents is supposed to represent Pennsylvania. I think the river for the paddle boat was supposed to be on the Mississippi. The diamond horseshoe is at the gateway to the west, St. Louis MO. The old wooden cottage of the Country Bear Jamboree symbolically represents Colorado. Big Thunder Mountain and the tiny town of Tumbleweed were near Monument Valley, MT., and lastly, the train stopped in Frontierland represented California. (WHEW!) (12) Hidden park in Liberty Square in the back of the Christmas Store. (13) The large bell is made from the same mold as the Liberty Bell. (14) Look at the 2nd story windows in Liberty Square. One has a rifle and another has 2 lanterns for "1 of by land, 2 if by sea.”
Main Street—(1) Talking Goofy, if it is still there. On Main Street right by the entrance, there is a Goofy statue sitting on a bench. When you sit by him he talks. (2) Check out the old-style phone in the General Store (on the right side of the street as you're headed in). Pick up the receiver and listen in to a conversation going on. At this little shop called the Main Street Market House, there is a phone mounted on the wall. If you pick up the receiver, you can hear a conversation between a mother and her daughter, Annie. They discuss what they are going to buy at the store, the cost of certain items, and how to attract a man. Every now and then, a nosey eavesdropper, Miss Klump, listens in and is politely told to hang up by the mother. When I asked the Cashiers at the store about it, they just replied, "Of course the tenants upstairs!" or something like that. (3) Tony's Town Square Restaurant—(a) At the back of the restaurant, there is a beautiful three-paned dark blue window, through which you can see the shadowy silhouettes of Lady and the Tramp sharing their late-night meal of spaghetti. (b) A checker board outside of La Chapeau in the MK. It is right next to Tony's right by the flagpole. It was a great five minute break from the hustle and bustle of the trip. (c) The Lady and the Tramp paws in front Tony’s at MK. (4) There is a shop on Main Street that will do a silhouette of a child's profile. About $5-$7. They don't take credit cards; you could only pay cash or charge it to the room. (5) Be at Magic Kingdom at dusk for the flag lower ceremony. (6) If you turn down the first side street to your right on Main Street on a more quiet day and look up at the windows that have signs that say something like "music lessons", you'll hear a voice practicing scales and someone tap dancing. You can't always hear it; it has to be pretty quiet. (7) Not sure if it's a "secret" or not but one of my favorite lesser-known attractions is the Expo Hall of Main Street. (a) There's a small theater that shows old Disney cartoons (like the old Main Street Cinema but in color and with seats!), a couple exhibits, some nice photo opportunities, and usually in the late morning I've seen a variety of Disney Princesses there (Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White, Mary Poppins). (b) Most characters come from the Hall to the outside for meet and greets. Every character that came through stopped to say hi or mess with us. It was air-conditioned and no lines to stand in! (c) There is a Mr. Toad ride vehicle behind a curtain in Exposition Hall!! (8) The entrance to the park is like a theatre. The ticket area is like a lobby. Then, you go through the tunnels lined with "coming attraction"-type posters. The train station is the curtain, and when you go through it, you're in the “show.” Now, for the credits--If you look up at the names on the windows of the buildings along Main Street, you see the names of all the people who were responsible for building the park. The very last name is Walt's. It is on the backside of the last building on the right (ice cream parlor?). It seems like he's almost hidden from view, but Roy wanted him there so that he would always have a view of the castle. Walt is the last name as you walk in (being the director, always listed last at the beginning of a movie), and he is first on the way out (being the director - always listed first at the end of the movie). Some of the names (e.g., M.T. Lott) are both references to dummy corporations used by the Disney Company and inside jokes referring to the Imagineers, etc. (9) Main Street is designed, through forced perspective, to look as if it's much longer than it is when you're heading towards the castle. In the mornings, you are all excited and have the energy to walk. When you're walking away from the castle towards the exit, it looks shorter. That's good for the way out when you're all tired. Also, since most people walk on the right side of the street, all the food shops are on the right as you enter for those wanting breakfast, while the shops are on your right on the way out! (And when you walk into the shops on your right, they have stuff for a day in the park [cameras, water bottle holders, etc]. When you are coming out, all the shops on your right have gifts and souvenirs. (10) The fire station on Main Street is Station No. 71. The Park opened in 1971. (11) Have the whole family go into the Barber Shop for a coloring job! Free of charge and painted little Mickey heads on the back of the kids heads. Barber sprinkled 'Mickey dust' on all of us. (11) Be leisurely when leaving the MK. It was so nice to walk around the lands going back from BTMR to Main Street, just looking around and enjoying the empty feeling. Also, get yourself a spot in front of the castle at about 30 minutes after the park closing. You'll be treated to the "kiss goodnight" from the castle...something really cool to see. (12) Main Street Railroad—(a) Following Hurricane Charley, a tree that was uprooted was cut up and some of the trunk pieces arranged as a Mickey head on a lawn, visible from the WDW railroad train a little ways past the Main St. station. May be temporary. (b) If you sit in the very last car, the one that is the little platform out the back, they will ask you to be the guest conductor. They get to yell, "All Aboard!" into the microphone and announce the different lands. (c) The telegraph you hear at the train station is tapping out Walt Disney's speech at Disneyland's opening in Code. (d) On one of the shelves (CMs can help you locate it), you can see Aladdin's lamp as well as other characters belongings waiting to be picked up at the train station. (e) “Go-away green." When you ride the MK Railway, there is a huge green building off on your left that you really never notice. the color of green does not draw the eye. (f) In the Train Station, you can find articles left by other "guests,” including Mary Poppins and other characters from Disney films. (g) Before the Magic Kingdom opens for the day, the WDW train is perfectly centered in front of the train station for those wishing to take pictures. It is the only time during the day that this occurs. (h) What is the motto of the Walt Disney world Railroad? Dreams are made to come true. (i) What are the names of the four genuine steam engine locomotives? Lilly Belle - Walt Disney - Roy Disney - Roger Brogg. (j) The Walt Disney World Railroad engines get a whopping 792’ per gallon of gas! (k) When you are in the waiting room of the railroad on Main Street, they have these antique Mutascopes. I thought they were just for display, but when you put a penny in, they actually work! There are 4 or 5 of them, and some of the lightbulbs were burned out so didn't work, but I know at least two of them did, and it only cost a penny to find out. The kids thought they were great. You put in a penny, start turning a crank and a short silent movie plays for you. (13) The chalkboard in the barbershop on Main Street has all the Hurricanes listed as if they were next to get haircuts. (14) In Town Square, there are a few flag poles with Amercan Flags on them. The main flag pole is always taken down during rain storms and right before sundown, but the rest of the flags are not taken down and that is because they are not real American flags. They look like American flags, but they are all missing a star or a stripe that makes them not actual American flags.
Mickey’s Philharmagic—(1) The carpeting when exiting Philharmagic has some Hidden Mickeys. (2) Look to the right of the "stage.” There are musical instruments going down the wall. Look closely at the tubing on the French Horn. You will see Mickey.
Peter Pan--In the nursery, over by Nana, there are some building blocks spelling out "DISNEY" and "P PAN."
Pirates—(1) Years ago, a maintenance guy (or Imagineer) named George was killed during the building of the Pirates ride. They say his ghost haunts the ride to this day. The workers have to say "goodnight George" before they shut down the ride each night, or there will be problems with the ride the next day. My 12-year old asked the attendant while we were boarding the boat if he said goodnight to George. He said of course! We don't want the ride to break down! The thread also said that if you yell out George 3 times during the fire scene, something "may" happen. The kids had a blast with this and yelled out even though people were looking at us! (2) The storyline of Pirates is a backward dream sequence, with the opening Bayou scene being the modern day. The portrait of the red-headed woman in the drunken skeleton room is actually a portrait of the red head being sold at the auction after she had been acclimated to the pirate lifestyle some years after her sale. (3) When in queue for Pirates of the Caribbean, the two skeletons playing chess have died playing because the chess game is at a stalemate-nobody can win. (4) On the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, on the first bridge that you go under into the next room, sitting on the bridge is a man with one of his legs hanging over and another man standing next to him. If you look at the face of the man sitting, it is the face of Sid Caesar. One of the designers really loved Sid Caesar and made the face to look this way. (5) Look at the ENTIRE lock at the dog/jail scene to see the hidden Mickey, not just at the keyhole. (6) Towards the end, when you pass under the bridge, the pirate sitting above you and his leg dangling…once upon a time, the red handkerchief sitting on the bridge beside him was between his toes dangling downward. Apparently, too many guests would stand up to try and grab the red hankie so they removed it from his toes and placed it on the bridge beside him. There is a gap between his big toe and second toe if you look. (7) The dog holding the keys in Pirates of the Caribbean and the dog in Carousel of Progress are both Walt Disney's dog, or so I've heard. (8) Just a little thing to notice...On Pirates, as you pass the auction scene, watch as the pirate on the left hand side fires his gun, the sign on the other side of the water "pings" and swings back and forth.
Riverboat—Ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official riverboat pilots certificates.
Snow White—(1) Mickey is hiding on the mural. He's by the flowers! (2) Look at the laundry hanging out to dry. One pair of shorts has Mickey polka dots.
Space Mtn.—(1) One of the asteroids is actually a chocolate chip cookie! (2) Hidden Mickey in the last Red Star picture as you walk up the ramp in line. It is 3 white stars in the shape of a classic Mickey toward the middle left side of the picture.
Splash Mtn.—(1) The opening of the top cave of Splash Mountain (the one you exit as you take the final plunge) is a hidden Mickey. It is noticeable from inside the cave and outside. It is profile shaped, not the traditional mouse and ears. (2) The queue for Splash Mtn is filled with great touches. In one, you can see the shadow of Brer toad sitting in a rocking chair and hear him singing. (3) Bird houses in the trees. I know when they first opened the ride you could listen and hear birds "talking" and "arguing" in the bird houses. (4) Notice the street lights when loading for Splash Mountain. One blinks when the boats are ready to go in motion. (5) There is a tiny hidden Mickey on a barrel (where the paint looks like it oozed down the side) right before your first fall into the inside of the ride. (6) The little critter, in the cave-like room just before the last drop.. He comes upside down out of the ceiling and says "Go FSU!" An imagineer that graduated from Florida State put it there. (7) There is a bridge outside the ride, right in front of the big drop. For every third log boat that hits bottom for the big drop, there is a water cannon that shoots up an extra bit of water and sprays the bridge, soaking everyone who happens to be standing there watching!
Swiss Family Treehouse--Outside the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse are crates with addresses to persons on them. I know I don't have the facts 100% accurate, but there's enough here to snag your interest. One is to Johann David Wyss (author of the book) It is being sent to McGuire Blvd (Dorothy McGuire was Mother Robinson ) and the other crate is to John Mills who was Father Robinson. And it was sent to Bora Danno. James MacArthur played son Fritz Robinson. James MacArthur later played as Jack Lord's (Det. Steve McGarrett) second-in-command Det. Danny ("Danno") Williams (1968-79), in Hawaii Five-0. The things you can learn if ya just slow down and listen.
T.T.A,--The attraction was ORIGINALLY called "The WEDway People Mover" from July 1, 1975, until the debut of the "New Tomorrowland" on June 11, 1994. Although the ride itself has remained essentially the same, the soundtrack has had several changes, some minor and some major: (a) the "WED" part of WEDway is for WED Enterprises, the original name for Walt Disney Imagineering (or WDI for short). WED is, of course, Walt's initials (Walter Elias Disney), (b) the model city the Tomorrowland Transit Authority passes is the model for Walt Disney’s personal vision of E.P.C.O.T., and (c) in the hair salon scene, look for a Hidden Mickey on the lady's belt buckle.
Tiki Room--My seven year old daughter befriended the cast member at the Tiki room before a lightly attended show. She was introduced as a "helper,” greeted everyone, and "woke up" Michael to start the show by tapping on his perch.
Tink’s Treasures-(1) If you want to wake Tink, go DIRECTLY to the store as soon as the park opens. The store is right behind the castle. My DD walked in and went up to the first CM we saw and asked, "Could I please wake up Tink this morning?" Being the first one in there, she was allowed to do so. They had her stand on a little stool, gave her a wand, and her tap the treasure box three times saying loudly, "Wake up Tink." As she did this, the lights and music started to play. They presented her with a certificate that said something along the line of "Had a Magical Moment." If you go into the store and hear the music, you know she has already been waked up. If it is quiet she is still sleeping. (2) Has anyone ever noticed that when you go into Tinker Bell's Treasure's shop that it is also divided into two sections? When you enter the door nearest the castle, you are actually in the Darling Children's nursery. The merchandise shelves are beds, dressers, chest of drawers etc. There are dolls, kites, and other toys all around the ledge at the top of the room. Then as you go to the other end, the shop is laid out as Cap't. Hook's ship.. There is even a "bridge" where one could imagine a ship's wheel. You can see the tree where the Lost Boys live. You will even get to see TinkerBell fly into one of the trunk/limb openings to warn the Lost Boys of Hooks "gift".
Tom Sawyer’s Island—Be the first to find the six hidden paintbrushes!
Tomorrow Land—(1) A talking trashcan is in Tomorrowland too! His name is Push. He comes out from Mickey's Star Traders every hour or so and roams for 20 minutes. (2) Near the Speedway on the way into Tomorrow land, there is a high streetlamp with three large round hooded lights. It was designed to cast a hidden Mickey on the ground twice a day when the sun is in the right place. (3) The metal "palm trees" in Tomorrowland fold up at night and open during the day just like flowers!
Toontown—(1) When you go to Minnie's house, make sure you turn all of the knobs in the kitchen. Hear the popcorn pop, etc. (2) Take the back walkway from Toontown to Tomorrowland and avoid the Toontown crowds. (3) Toontown is a concept that did not exist prior to "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" This is Mickey's Toontown, the Florida version. Toontown opened in October 1996. Mickey, Minnie, and the gang all live in Disneyland. Their vacation homes are at Walt Disney World. Toontown had many things any town would have. A garage, a gas pump, a radio station, at least one farm, a farmers’ market, and homes (that Mickey and Minnie live in.). The first structure on your left is Pete's Garage (home to the Toontown public restrooms). On your right, you'll notice a small shack, home of W A C K-Y radio. (While you are inside Minnie's house be sure to listen to the radio in her living room. It is tuned in to W A C K-Y radio.) Next, you enter Goofy's barnstormer. As you enter the turnstiles, look up at the fans. On the wall to the left, do you see an outline of Goofy's face and hat? What is next to the "chicken exit"? As you leave the building, can you find a tribute to the Main Street Light Parade? It was coming back to Walt Disney World for an encore presentation. Just around the corner, you'll find one of Goofy's plants, POPcorn on the cob! Don't miss the scarecrow in Goofy's garden or the bell pepper "clappers" he is growing or the summer squash (some 'er not). Early in the morning you can hear all kinds of fun great sounds--farm animals, crop dusting engines etc., a countryside theme, a farm area. Where else would you expect to find the farmers’ market? This is the Florida countryside. When you go inside the farmers market, you'll see crates and bags of Florida citrus product. A nice tribute to the lands of Florida that they been built over. (4) If you go to Mickeys Toon Town entrance near the tea cups just before it opens at 10 a.m., you'll get an escort by several Disney characters to take you in.
Winnie the Pooh—(1) Deed being handed off in Owl's House. (2) Hidden Mickey on the wall to the right (FastPass side) where the FastPass line meets the regular line. (3) On the floor of the Pooh ride on the right in Owl's house there is a picture of Pooh and Moley from Mr. Toad (look to your left as you enter owl's house--a framed picture on the wall, just inside the doors). (4) 100 Acre Woods playground--go inside the tree and look above the door facing the Pooh ride, there is a hidden Mickey in the rocks.

page 2:

EPCOT--General—(1) The sidewalks twinkle at night. Take the right-hand path after the Epcot ball. You'll come upon them. Absolutely magical. And the fireflies in the trees! (2) The distance around the World Showcase, from China to Canada, is 1.2.5 miles. (3) The World Showcase park entrance, we found the upside down classic Mickey in the clock. (4) The concrete paths around the lagoon are red to make the grass appear greener. (5) A great, uncrowded place to visit characters is the bench near the rail past the International Gateway. It's on your right if you're coming form the BC. It might be across that first clothing store when you get in. (6) There is a butterfly garden behind Mouse Gears.
African Outpost—(1) Open the lids of the crates and see what happens. (2) If you are over near China/African Outpost in the early afternoon, the drawbridge goes up and you can watch them bring out the launching islands for Illuminations. It's a bit of a wait as the drawbridge is open, so traffic stops and you can't cross the bridge until they finish.
American Pavilion--(1) View the American Flag that was taken from the rubble of 9/11/2001. It will put a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye. (2) When you go to see the show, you will have to go up to what seems to be the second floor. The reason for this is, all of the different platforms with the presidents on them are actually stored under the seats that you are sitting on. They come sliding out as they are needed and then go back under when they are finished. (3) The building that the American Adventure is in is really 5 stories, but has tall doors and windows to make it look like it is only 3 stories. It's hard to tell, but have one person go stand by the door to the gift shop, and you'll be able to tell that the opening is about 12 feet high! (4) Was designed using "forced perspective" (same as the castle in MK) because Imagineers discovered that a building from that time period would have been too small to be seen across World Showcase Lagoon. (5) In the American Pavilion, there are paintings along the front wall. One of the first ones opens to reveal an elevator. (6) The colonial soldiers (am not sure if that is what they are called, but were dressed up like the time of George Washington) in America--They come out with the flag, and they have a small band and there is a drummer boy. They do a little ceremony of sorts.
Canada—(1) In Canada, at Epcot's World Showcase, there is a huge "rock" at the Kodak picture spot. Before IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth begin, the top of the "rock" will open, and sound and lighting equipment for IllumiNations will come out. I was standing right by the "rock" when it happened and was amazed at what I was seeing! (2) There was a walking trail in Canada, with an old abandoned mine and waterfalls? I knew of the one on the way to see that movie, O'Canada, but supposedly, there is another one--a real walking trail to show you the landscape of Canada. (3) The waterfall was put there because the sound of the water masks the fact that there is a huge generator directly behind it. (4) There is a building in Canada that is only 3 stories high, but has 5 rows of windows to make it look taller. (5) Do you know how many of the three totem poles are real?? One--The are two on your right and one on your left. The one on your left is a 700# cedar totem pole. Two have two distinct markings that show they are two large pieces of fiberglass stacked on top of each other. The 30-foot "real" totem pole raised there in April 1998 is carved by a renowned Tsimshian Indian carver, David Boxley. The totem pole is three stories of Raven, a traditional story amongst Northwest Coastal Indians. The top of the pole depicts the story of Raven tricking the Chief of the Skies to release the sun, moon, & stars from a carved cedar chest (box). (6) The trees in Canada are replaced when they grow too big! (7) Also, the plants at Canada change with the seasons, not to correspond with Buchart Gardens but to simulate the seasons in Canada. White in winter, gold and red in autumn, etc. They can't correspond to Buchart Gardens because the weather in Disney is different than on Vancouver Island. However, the flower gardens there represent Buchart Gardens.
China—(1) The temple in China is acoustically perfect--if you stand exactly in the middle of the room, your voice will echo back to you. (2) You can purchase a fan, and they will personalize it for free. They write the name in Chinese. The fan is very inexpensive, around four dollars. (3) China pathways narrow to help create the feeling of crowded streets and lots of people.
France—(1) The Eiffel tower is the only "carrot" in the WS--the only thing that cannot be reached by the general public. (2) Be sure to find Belle's library. If you're searching for Belle and Beast, you're almost sure to walk through, but even if you're not, browse the shops and you'll find yourself there as well. There are countless references to classic Disney tales. Shelves are lined with favorite stories, knickknacks like gargoyles from Hunchback and the rose from Beauty and the Beast are there, and I remember some more obscure Disney references catching my eye as well. There's also a beautiful stained glass window, just like the mosaics during the prologue of B&TB. (3) Between France and Morocco, you'll notice that there is a section of pavement that looks different. This is supposed to symbolize the Straits of Gibralter.
Germany—(1) Being in Germany at the top of the hour. At the courtyard in Germany if you look up towards the back there is a clock. If you are there around the hour, it will ring and a German boy and girl will come out (they are made our of wood, they are not real) and twirl around. Sometimes the clock is a little off on the time and you have to wait a few minutes. (2) While you're looking at the train set in Germany, look at the church on the side of the bridge closer to the lagoon. Over the doorway are, I think, 4 (four) hidden Mickeys. They are Mickey hats. (3) Also in the train set—On the side of the bridge farthest from the lagoon, in the brownish-colored castle, on the right side in the farthest window is a hidden Mickey. It looks like one of the little rubber ones you can buy. He is dressed up in his suit and is just standing there in the window. (4) If you go into Germany on the right side, walk straight to the back wall {through the tables and chairs} and knock on the wall. There is a big mural on it . You will get a hollow sound. It is a plywood wall that covers the area that was in the original plans for the pavilion, supposed to be the entrance to the Rhine river boat ride, which never panned out for whatever reason.
Ice Station Cool—(1) When you go into the Coke station, get a little of the "Italy-Beverly" flavor and act like you are drinking it then tell everyone how delicious it is. They will all take a big gulp and gag!!! It is disgusting! I have had lots of fun with this and dh always goes along with me to fool the newbies. The looks on their faces are always priceless! (2) It used to be Ice Station Cool, but now it's "Club Cool." If you are walking towards the world showcase from future world it is on the right hand side of the large fountain. If you walk past the fountain you have gone too far.
Innoventions—(1) Innoventions West, at the IBM exhibit, you can email pictures of yourself. (2) Innoventions East the ten-second video clip you can email. (3) Look for the solar powered lawnmowers at EPCOT.
International Gatewa--(1) When you are crossing that little bridge to France you are symbolically crossing "the English Channel"? (2) At the International Gateway, near France, on the bridge in the lagoon area there's a bicycle sitting on the land near the water with an artist's canvas next to it. The painting there looks finished, too. It took me a long time to see that Disney detail; it's easily missed.
Italy—(1) If you wander around behind the shops (where the fountains are), look around for little red press-buttons that say "press for a surprise" (or something to that affect). If you press the button, water squirts from a different location. It’s always fun to see where the water comes from when you do it, and then, wait for an unsuspecting person to walk by. They can't ever figure it out. (2) In Italy, when you are walking towards the pavilion, you have the shop with the clothes on the left. OK, that building, the columns have little men, maybe monks (?) carved into them, a little over head level. I am not 100% if I am right on the EXACT location, but there is the corner column, then either the next one or the one after that (so either the second or third from the end of the corner of the World Showcase walkway and the one leading into Italy), one of the men is actually holding a bowling ball. All of the figures seem to be holding something round, but only one has a bowling ball. I had to have a CM taller than me point it out, as I was too short (I’m 5’5”) and could only feel it with my fingers. The CM told me one of the architects was a bowler and wanted to leave that in the building. (3) Located in the central plaza of the Italy pavilion, known as the "Plaza del Teatro," you can find the "Fontana de Nettuno." This fountain contains the image of Neptune, the God of the Sea, and was inspired by Gian Lorenzo Bernini's Fountain of Trevi, located in Rome, Italy. The original famous fountain is often recognized as having been seen in Federico Fellini's classic film, "La Dolce Vita."
Japan—(1) The Japanese pagoda has 5 stories and each symbolizes something. They are in ascending order, which represent the elements from which Buddhists believe all things in the universe are created: earth, water, fire, wind and sky. (2) Upside down classic Mickeys in gold (bells?) (3) The statue to the right as you enter Japan was a gift from the government of Japan when MK opened and was moved to Epcot when it opened. (4) At Japan try to find out the times that the woman makes animals out of candy. She will give them (for free) to some of the children in the group standing there. It is amazing to watch her do this.
Living Sea--(1) In Epcot at Sea Base Alfa, look at the beams inside. You will see a bunch of letters and numbers. The people who worked on building it wanted to leave something, so the letters and numbers mean something special to each one who worked on the building (2) When you leave notice the overhang coming out is very large. That is to give you eyes time to get readjusted to the sunlight. (3) The Living Seas Pavilion measures 203’ in diameter, 27’ deep, and contains 5.7 million gallons of salt water. The Aquarium is so large that Spaceship Earth (160’ in diameter) would fit inside with room to spare.
Mexico--There are relief carvings on the sides of the pyramid in Mexico. They were added later after they realized that small children liked to climb those little steps!
Mission: Space—(1) In the gift store, look at the ceiling. Double Hidden Mickey. I think I can make out both a classic and a profile hidden Mickey in the same scene. (2) When you are in the gift shop of Mission Space, look at the walls. It looks like electrical boxes and wiring. Some of these boxes are Mickeys heads. (3) On Mission Space, if you start flipping all of the switches and turning the dials and stuff "Lt. Dan" comes over your speaker and tells you not to touch them.
Morocco—(1) All the tiles and carvings in Morocco were hand made and none depict life. (2) When they light up all the countries in Epcot as part of Illuminations, they do not light up the temple in Morocco as this would violate their religious beliefs. (3) You can take a guided tour of Moracco. Times vary, there is no charge, and it is about 20 min, if I remember correctly. It was run out of the tourism office room (now Tangere Cafe). I would just ask a CM at Markesh kiosk. It really is worth the time. (4) Across from Morocco there is a aqua-duct. Most people wallk by. They grow vegetables and plants there. It is really neat to look at. (5) When they were asked to join WS, the King was so excited and thrilled that they had been asked. He sent his own men over there to built it and totally paid for the construction. It did not cost Disney anything to build. (6) There is a "gold" prayer room in Morocco that was included for the CM and is open to the public. (7) When walking through Morocco, take a look at all of the mosaic tile artwork on the walls. You will notice that each mosaic has at least one cracked/flawed tile in it. This is because these mosaics were created by Moroccan artisans in a unique arrangement with the Moroccan government and Disney, as mentioned before. The Moroccan people worship Allah and believe that only Allah can create something that is "perfect," so every mosaic was purposely flawed!
Norway—(1) The roof has grass growing on it! Horticulture CMs get up on that roof and trim the grass with clippers since they don’t seem to have a goat to keep up there as they do in Norway. (2) There is a secret on the Viking Ship Ride. As you are waiting to aboard your ship, look closely at the painting on the wall of the Viking Ship and you will find Mickey on the ship. (3) There's a very nice playground in Norway, too. It has a Viking boat theme. (4) There is also the ship behind the bakery and the bakery itself , rice cream and cloud horns to die for.
Soarin’--Look for the Hidden Mickeys in the golf ball and fireworks.
Spaceship Earth—(1) In Spaceship Earth, there is a scene with a sleeping monk on a book he is writing. There is a hidden Mickey in the book as well as names of the Imagineers. (2) The entrance to Spaceship Earth with the two shops actually created a Wind tunnel, and they had to make adjustments after it was built. Still gets windy down there. (3) There is a lift machine at the top of Spaceship earth. It is in the room where the moon is shown and the vehicle turns backwards to go down. It is used to get Mickey through a hatch and on top of the attraction for commercials. (4) There is a hidden Mickey in the Spaceship Earth ride...When you're coming up to the scene where the artist is painting, look on the wooden table to the left (right there along the wall). There is a Mickey painted there. I also heard there was a Mickey formed out of stars in that ride but I have never been able to find it. Anyone know if that's true? (5) On Spaceship Earth, in the scene of "The Renaissance" there is a little table to the left of the scene. This is where the painter keeps some of his supplies. The is a hidden Mickey made from paint rings, like the painter set his cup down three times and it coincidentally made that certain shape! (6) In Spaceship Earth in Epcot, there are two figures that used to be in the Hall of Presidents: the sleeping monk used to be Woodrow Wilson & the large bald slave in the Egyptian scene was William Taft.
Test Track—(1) Test Track vehicles have three onboard computers that have more processing power than the space shuttle. (2) Test Track is the fastest ride in WDW, at 65 mph.
The Land—(1) The address on the mail box in front of the farm house has 82 or 1982 on it. The Park opened in 1982. (2) Boat ride--watch for the lab set up on the right near the end of the ride. There is a bunch of green test tubes in the shape of Mickeys head in the test tube holder on the far right. (3) You can make cookies in the Nestle Junior Chef Program at the yellow bakery storefront near the Sunshine Season Food Pavilion. Kids ages 3-10 can help make a batch of cookies. They get a chef hat, a bag of chocolate chips, & 2 cookies for free! No registration. First come, 1st serve, 1/2 hr long.
United Kingdom—(1) When approaching the UK from Canadian side, the first thing you come up to is the Rose and Crown on your left. When the Imagineers visited the UK, they determined there were three types of pubs. (Public Houses) All three styles are reflected in the outside architecture of Rose and Crown. One facade is the one you can see from the water side or Canada side, one facade is the entrance into the pub itself, and the third is for the fish and chips window. The name Rose and Crown was chosen because after their study of the four countries, it was determined that the word "Rose" and the word "Crown" were the two most popular words contained in the naming of Pubs. (2) As you look in front of you and to your right, you will see a line of shops. The first is a tea shop. It’s outside and inside architecture represents UK in the 1600s--thatched roof, huge hearth inside low ceilings, dark lighting even the style floor. The next shop represents the 1700s and has a sign out front that says Est. 1702. It has higher ceilings and basic wrought iron lighting fixtures. If you look at it from the outside, you can see the cantilever build. That served two purposes-the first was a legal form of tax evasion. Subjects were taxed on the square footage of the downstairs. Second and even more visual was what they threw out the upstairs windows into the drains that ran down the center of the streets. Just another reason gentlemen walked nearer the road and wore large brimmed hats while ladies walked very near the bldgs. The next building is 1800s neoclassical. See the window styles and even how ornate the window coverings and lighting are? Look up at the ceiling and how it is painted. As you exit that shop, look to your right. There is a whole other building over there, and it is in the same 1800s time frame to stay in sync. Look at the rooftops. See the Mary Poppins style chimneys? (3) You should now be looking out over the garden area (intended to represent Hyde Park). If you look to your left, you will see a typical shrubbery maze. Only it is short hedges so children don't get lost. The British Invasion used to perform in the gazebo right in the middle of the maze! (4) If you come on around using the path rather than the road, you will see a not-a-Garden or more accurately a Knot-a-garden. It represents the local apothecary. The hedges are grown a foot or so high in the shape of a knot, and each "section" of the garden had a different herb planted in it. (5) On that path back on the road to the international gateway was the butterfly box and garden. Disney has plants that butterflies are naturally attracted to. When the butterflies spin their baby cocoons, horticulture takes the cocoon and places it in this protective box. It has a top and four sides but no bottom. As the butterfly hatches, it simply flies out the bottom of the box. As the plants it is attracted to are right there, they tend to never leave the British Butterfly Garden. (6) There is a section in England where you can look up your family name and get information about it. Names in the book are from ALL countries not just England ancestry. There is a book to look up your name then they will pull up info in their computer and you can see your family crest and family name history - then they have all sorts of things that you can buy like mugs, shirts, plaques, etc. (7) The fish and chips became so popular they added the "fast food" version.
Water Fountains—(1) The shooting water fountains (not the big one) that the kids play in just before you enter the world showcase. If you can time it just right you're unsuspecting buds will never forget their first encounter with these. (2) The talking fountains are by the restrooms on the side of Innoventions facing The Land. As you come through the center of the building walking towards The Land, make a quick left turn. They are right there. (3) Talking water fountains: Outside Mousegear shop, behind Innoventions West, near the restroom between Innoventions and HISTA Pavilion, and near the play fountain between Future World and World Showcase (left side of the big fountain in FW as you are walking toward WS).
World Showcase (“WS”)—(1) In the World Showcase park entrance, we found the upside down classic Mickey in the clock. (2) The frontage of each country is exactly the same, as is the height of their tallest feature (i.e., mountains in Canada, Eiffel tower, etc.). Some spread out inside more than others, but the frontage on the walkway is the same. They wanted to make sure everyone was equal—forced perspective is what makes some look taller.

page 3:

ANIMAL KINGDOM
General—(1) Stop and look down at the walkway under your feet. Did you know, for example, that the leaf prints and mud cracks were made by a mold? The Imagineers actually took a large patch of mud, made a cast of it, and then reproduced it for the walkways of Disney's "Africa." They even distressed and widened the naturally occurring cracks by squirting them with a hard stream of water from a hose. (2) If you’re at the Animal Kingdom and there's a long line to get in, try going through the Rainforest Cafe. There's a park entrance at the rear of the gift shop. (3) Each morning, 15 minutes before the schedule opening time, you can go through the turn styles and head to the Tree of Life area. Soon, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy arrive to welcome you to the park! Soon Mickey appears and gets on the truck and you can follow them into Harambe as the Adventure Begins in the Animal Kingdom! (4) There is a game that the children can play as you walk around the park. There are four or five stations throughout. First one you go to, you get a book, and as you finish each one, you get a stamp. We found this on the way to Conservation Station. On the right as you walk along the walkway from the train to Conservation Building, there is a small garden with a couple of CMs there. They have different cards and give them to the children and the children have to find the bugs in the garden. Of course, the bugs are not real. Actually, we all got involved and it way loads of fun. (5) There is another one on the path to the Lion King Show, one at the front entrance to the Dino Ride, and another down in the area of the Tree of Life. There was another one on the trails They are touchy, feely games. (6) Where was the “Jafar” rock? (7) You have to slow down and look! Most of the good stuff are things to do, and they are not jumping out in front of you, like big attractions do. (8) WES PALM! (9) The Oasis Gardens in Disney's Animal Kingdom was originally going to be called "Genesis Gardens," before it was decided that the religious connotation of "genesis" might prove to be too controversial in the future. (10) There are about 27,000,000 gallons of water in Animal Kingdom's "Discovery River." That will fill about 1,800 average-sized backyard swimming pools (11) The highway sign in Dinoland is route 498 (park opened in April 1998). (12) If you look at the signs for Animal Kingdom, there is a dragon among the animals on the bottom. This was supposed to represent "Beastly Kingdom," a land of the park with mythical creatures that was planned but never developed. (Maybe we got Dinoland USA instead.)
Animal Kingdom Lodge--If you go for an evening meal to AKL (Jiko's or Boma's), go early to view the animals, around 5pm, because that's when the feeding troughs are filled, and it tempts the animals nearer the viewing areas.
Asia--The mythical land of Anandapur in Asia--note the authentic prayer trees draped with both faded and new scarves that commemorate dead loved ones.
Camp Minnie-Mickey--While walking on the way to Camp Minnie-Mickey, there are two talking bushes called Herb and Flora that pass the time by talking to passers-by and very loudly people-watching with each other. They were very funny, but seem to only be "alive" for short periods of time. Check 'em out the next time you're there, they had us crackin' up!
Conservation Station—(1) If you go to conservation station, there is so much for you and the children to see and touch. If you get there early enough in the morning, you might be able to see an operation on one of the animals. During the day inside conservation station, they put on little hands on shows with animals that are great for children of all ages. Also, there are tables set up with items about the animals and always someone there to tell you are the articles on the tables. Outside is the petting area. They do not let you feed the animals, but have grooming brushes that you can brush the animals. It is great because the animals do not start eating you clothes or knocking the little one’s down to get to food. Next to that there is a small stage. Also, during the day, they put on cute little shows. They are trying to train animals to do certain things. The best part of this is that they are not the usual animals. You get to talk with the trainers, and it is a great little show. Also, on the walk from the train to conservation station there is a garden on the right hand side for kids. They are given cards and have to find the bugs in the garden. Needless to say the bugs are not real. Our kids have done it at least three times and enjoy it each and very time. (2) Finding one of the 27 hidden Mickeys in the mural in the Animal Kingdom Conservation Station.
Dawa Bar--Across from the Dawa Bar is what appears to be an old fort. Don't assume, as I did, that the area's off limits--there are actually tables and chairs in there!
Dinoland USA—(1) A CM pointed this out to me during our trip from June 12-19. In Animal Kingdom, in Dino-Land, as you go under the gigantic dinosaur and head toward Tarzan Rocks, look under the dinosaur to see if it's male or female. Nothing gross, just the way the lights are presented tells you what it is. (2) Kids certainly won't want to overlook the Dinoland Boneyard--the play area is specially made for them to blow off some steam. If they look off to the right, behind the jeep, they'll see a row of fossils set into the wall. Just hit one and find out what happens--it's musical! If you can't find the so-called "xylobone," a Cast Member will point it out to you. (3) The highway sign in Dinoland is route 498 (park opened in April 1998). (4) Has anyone mentioned the red, yellow, and white pipes above the load area at “Dinosaur” are for Ketchup, Mustard, and Mayonnaise, and the letters on each pipe are their chemical formulas?!?!?!? (5) During Dinosaur, cars bounce over a big bump in the track. The big bump is a tail of a long neck Saltosaurus, who then turns around to look at you, and if you sit on the back two rows, it throws you around a little more then the front two rows.
Everst--1,800 tons of steel were used in the mountain structure. That is about six times the amount of steel used in a traditional office building of this size.
Festival of the Lion King (“FOLK”)--Just found this out. We were at the AK on Sunday and we were walking back to the FOLK--On the path, as you walk to get to the FOLK, there is a bridge that you walk over. On the right side of the bridge, if you look over the side to the left, you will see what appears to be a waterfall. If you look closely, it is actually a dinosaur with the water coming out of his mouth.
Harambe--In Harambe, you might spy a genuine Coke bottle perched atop a utility pole as an insulator for a power line.
It’s Tough to be a Bug—(1) This one is for the inside of the theatre of It's Tough To Be A Bug. The announcer says something to the effect of "Will all honorary bugs please remain seated so the beetles, maggots and cockroaches may exit safely." If you look up at the ceiling, you will see "swarms" of lights. They all fly toward the doors. Look to your left at the exit signs and you will see little firefly type creatures lighting up the exit sign as they exit the theatre. (2) The Classic Mickey above the Handicap door sign in the loading area for “It’s Tough to be a Bug.”
Kali River Rapids—(1) Kali River Rapids queue-don't miss Mr. Panika's office--the owner of the "business" may be "out to temple" as the signs indicate, but the two resident geckos who reside in his gecko cabinet are in all the time. Children will enjoy spotting the little critters, which are very much alive! (2) Also, a lot of the times when my DH and I are in a queue line we will let people pass us, so we can look at all of the displays. Some of the greatest of Disney art work are in these lines. The queue line for the Kali Rapids is one. There is such a story about this line. Ask one of the CMs to tell. Look at the artifacts and details they are great. There is a live Greco in one of the cases on the walls in this line. (3) We were at AK 2 weeks ago. It was just before closing, and we were on Kali River rapids. The CM there joined us. She hopped into our raft (it was almost empty) and showed us some interesting things. On the way up to the top, right after leaving the dock, there are statues along each side. The crocodile on the right has his nose broken off. It was broken during an evacuation practice a few months ago. It should look like the crocodile statue on the left. Actually, it seems to fit in just fine, but she said it was her group that broke it, so she should know. Also, she pointed out that the waterfall at the top, right after seeing the crocodile, is in the shape of a lions head. Sure enough, once it was pointed out to us, it was as clear as could be. It's better viewed just after you pass it, looking back.
Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade--Someone, somewhere here posted about seeing Mickey's Jammin' Jungle parade twice, if you are in the right spot. Well, my suggestion is only see it once but at its end. They were correct, that if you stand near the entrance to Kili Safari you will see the parade twice, as it starts and ends at the same spot. Well, we saw the parade in front of the Dawa Bar.. Then, we moved over so that we were facing the Kili Safari entrance and the large double doors that the parade goes through were to our left. We stayed there for about 20-30 minutes and then the parade came by again. It was SUPER!! There was almost no one around (several people on the other side of the street, but no one on our side at all!). The characters spent several minutes with us and our kids, and we got some great pictures!! But we felt that we had wasted some time with the first viewing, as we had staked out our spots about 30 minutes ahead of time. We could have spent another hour, at least, doing some rides/attractions and then made our way down to the Kili Safari entrance and seen the parade, which was just as good at the end, as it was at the beginning. Just be sure, if you do this, that you don’t get blocked in by the parade and cannot make your way to this SPECIAL SPOT!!
Pizzafari--If you walk up the path to the left, toward Harambe, you'll pass by the counter service restaurant, Pizzafari, one of the most brilliantly decorated buildings in the Animal Kingdom. The bright colors are eye-catching of course, but stop in *before* the lunch crowds gather so that you can study the different rooms with their ornate murals, walls, and ceilings. Can you identify which room is which? The Home Room, Nocturnal Room, Upside-Down Room, Camouflage Room, Four Seasons Room, and Bug Room.
Primeval Whirl--Hidden Mickeys in the asteroids.
Rafiki’s Planet Watch--There are Mickeys hiding ALL OVER the colorful mural at the entrance to the main building at Rafiki's Planet Watch. Look for them in the eyes of the animals and the wings of butterflies.
Safari Ride—(1) Don't just ride once. Different animals can be seen at different times of the day. Riding first thing in the morning and late in the afternoon are two different experiences. (2) The pond that all the flamingos are in is shaped like Mickey! (3) The rocks in the water on the way to safari ride in AK as you go over the bridge look like animals. Saw one shaped like an elephant and one like an alligator.
Talking Trash Can--I've seen a talking trash can at AK. Take the train , get off, and walk all the way down the path till you come to the first building, and depending if your timing is right, the trash can usually roams around the entrance to the first building. There is also a talking tree at the entrance to AK. I don't know if there is a particular schedule for these things. I think you just have to luck out.
Tree of Life—(1) There are approx 320 animals carved into the Tree of Life. (2) When I was working at Vista-United in 1997, Michael Eisner invited Jane Goodall to come see construction of DAK in particular the Tree of Life. He asked her what she thought about all the animals being carved in the tree and asked, "Where is the chimpanzee going?" After conferring with Zsolt Hormay (chief sculptor), it was discovered much to ME's embarrassment that one was not included in the over 300 animals. ME told Miss Goodall to pick a place on the tree and one would be sculpted. She chose the entrance outside of ITTBAB so everyone would be able to see David Greybeard; the first chimp she ever observed. You will notice he is more detailed than the other animals--multicolored (grey beard), and there is a plaque next to his image describing him.

(2) Did you know that when you walk down the path to the Tree of Life there are places where you walk through “tunnels.” If you look up at those “ceilings,” you can see a lot of “critters” up there. I saw a pterodactyl and I can’t even remember what else. Just look up when you go through those “arches.”
Tusker House--At the Tusker House Restaurant in AK, you can hear kitchen noises if you sit in the outside dining area. It sounds like dishes clanging together, sweeping up broken glass, etc.. This is a recording, but it's funny to see how people react when they first hear the sounds.

page 4:

MGM
General—(1) If you are at MGM in the morning when the park opens, don't go to the Tower of Terror or the RNR, go on the Great Movie Ride first thing with no wait and then go to Star Tours. You can ride Star Tours for almost an hour with no wait because almost all of the guests are over at the two big rides. (2) The façade at Mickeys of Hollywood is modeled after Frederick’s of Hollywood. (3) At many of the rides, if one of the kids wants to ride again but the parents are weary, ask the attendant if he or she can "go around." At Test Track, they send you up a set of stairs and tell you to follow the yellow arrows. You can see the ride operator's booth and have a great view of the queing area. Then you go back downstairs, and it lets out right at the boarding area, and they put the kid straight back on (no wait) and you go outside to wait for him. (4) This was very neat. It was the truck (at the front of the park), and if you stepped on a lever and lifted, you could lift one side up. This was great to watch peoples’ reactions when you did it. I did not see when they removed it, but we have not seen it the last three times (3 years) that we were there. (5) The date for MGM is on the gas pump (if you get up close and look at the numbers) right when you first enter the park. (6) At Disney-MGM Studios, there are yellow painted curbs where lines form for characters that only come out for a few minutes (i.e., CARS & Power Rangers); get there about 30 min. early, as lines close early.
Brown Derby--All the pics in the Brown Derby that are in BLACK frames are copies of the originals. All The pics in the GOLD frames are the originals from the original Brown Derby...which no longer exists.
Fantasmic "Secrets"—(1) The lagoon where the Fantasmic show takes place is only 1.5 feet deep! (2) The island stage is surrounded by a 1.9 million gallon moat--enough water to fill every bathtub in the more than 24,000 rooms on Walt Disney World Resort property--twice. (3) Animated sequences are projected on three water screens stretching 50-feet high and 100-feet wide providing an excellent view no matter where you sit. In comparison, the water screens are more than twice the size of an average 20-foot-by-40-foot movie screen. (4) To create a surface on which animation can be projected, water screens pump 2,400 gallons of water into the air every minute, and if called upon, call fill the 500,000-gallon Disney-MGM Studios landmark Earffel Tower in less than three hours. (5) During his battle against evil, Mickey encounters the villainous Jafar in the form of a 100-foot long and 16-foot high cobra that could fit more than 8,000 average size King Cobras in its coils. (6) The mechanical Maleficent dragon in the climactic good vs. evil scene weighs an astonishing 32,000 lbs. To move the dragon’s enormous body and wings takes more than 2,000 PSI of hydraulic pressure. (7) If stretched out, the river of fire during the Maleficent dragon scene would circle the entire one-mile tri-oval racetrack at Walt Disney World Speedway.
Great Movie Ride (“GMR”)—(1) When Disney built the GMR, they purchased a real Lockheed plane for that scene. It was cut in half, and the back of the plane can now been seen in the jungles of the Jungle Cruise in Adventureland. (2) When you’re sitting in your car waiting for everyone to load in, ask to see the hidden Minnie (it's a shadow figure hard to spot). Also, when you’re in the underworld scene, look on the billboard. if you look at the far left hand corner, you'll see a Mickey foot and part of his tail. When Mugsy takes over the car, look up at the windows you drive by until you stop. Mickey's head is there (in the windows above the scene on the left-hand side). The last one I know of is Snow White's body imprinted on the poster next to the stairs where Mugsy stands. (3) Pharaoh Mickey and Slave Donald are on the BACK wall on the opposite side from Indy and Salla, just as you're about to leave that room. It is about 1/3 of the way "up.” (4) Also in the GMR...In the Egyptian-styled section, check out some of the wall tiles as fast as you can while the ride moves through. Most of them are normal hieroglyphs, but several have pictures of funny MGM and Disney stuff. For example, one of the tiles has R2-D2 and another has C-3PO from Star Wars. There are a couple hidden Mickeys in there too. (5) What is the significance behind the license plate number "021-429" on the car depicted in the gangster shoot-out sequence of "The Great Movie Ride?” It is the date of the Valentines Day Massacre---Feb. 14, 1929. (6) When you go into the Indiana Jones room, don't look at Indy. Keep looking at the wall to your left. Right before you leave the room, you'll see the Hidden Mickey and a Hidden Donald. They're in the last row of blocks before you exit that room, about halfway up the wall. (7) Those talking/sound effects boxes are at MGM. When you get off the tram back stage tour ride, walk through the building with all the costumes in it and go straight through the area where you can have photos taken with the phony backdrops. They are on the left hand side near the steam roller from Roger Rabbit. (8) Two different scenarios in the ride: either have a gangster or a robber kick out the CM and take over your car. You never know which one you will get. (9) Going into the Great Movie Ride, the lions at the front are not really lions. They are dogs! Supposedly, if you can tell the CM which one is the female, they will walk you through the back door, bypassing the line.
Hollywood Blvd.-- On Hollywood Blvd at MGM, read the names stenciled on the second floor windows. I recall seeing one that said 'Valiant Detective Agency' from 'Who Framed Roger Rabbit' (it's above Hollywood and Vine Resttaurant on Echo Lake).
Hollywood Hideawa--Do you know where the Hollywood Hideaway is? This private VIP Lounge is tucked quietly away at the Disney-MGM Studios for use during private and special events, but it's really not that hard to find. When Guests need to know how to get to their special event, simply direct them to Drew Carey's Sounds Dangerous attraction. Radio Disney is right next to it, and behind Radio Disney...is the Hollywood Hideaway!!
Indiana Jones—(1) When you’re in line for Indiana Jones, you go past a well, I think to the right of the entrance. If you pull on the rope, you'll hear someone down in the well. (2) If you exit the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular theater from the far right-side stairway (as you face the stage) pay attention as you go onto the landings, look for the hand of a CM rising above the railing holding the golden idol from the show's Mayan (or South American in the movie version) temple. The idea is to pat the head of the idol as you go past.
Lights! Motors! Action!—There is a clothesline at the top of one of the buildings (during the stunt show, there is a stunt jump from there). One of the items of clothing on the line has Mickeys!!
The Magic of Disney Animation Secret--You can enter from the exit and stand in line for the drawing/rendering opt. w/out going through the animation tour. Just ask a CM for directions. Every 15-20 min. (space is limited). There's a room where they have pencil and paper and a row of stools and artist type tables, and you get to draw a character while getting instructions from a Disney artist. It's fun and a great Disney souvenir for the kids! (If you don't have time right after the tour, you can leave and come back at a slower time.)
Muppet Vision—(1) Look for the key under the doormat at Muppets 3D. Just after you go through the turnstile, go to your right and you’ll find a welcome mat. Take a peek underneath it. (2) In the preshow for Muppet*Vision, in the front, there is a display that says “2D Fruities” and has a bunch of flat models of fruit. (3) In the preshow Muppet 3D room at MGM there is a net full of green Jell-O hanging from the ceiling. It signifies Annette Funicello. (4) If you go across the street from the Muppetvision show at MGM (away from Indy Jones and sort of toward the Shrunk playground), there is a fire hydrant that sprays water at unpredictable intervals. (5) Read the graffiti on the walls!
New York Street—(1) On the street in the New York neighborhood, you can hear gangsters talking and gun shots inside the buildings. (2) Check out the "Singing in the Rain" umbrella that is attached to one of the streetlights near the old Hunchback theater. Grab the umbrella and step on the black square embedded in the cement underneath it for a nice surprise!
One Man’s Dream—(1) In Walt Disney: One Man's Dream, if you look closely at Walt Disney's grade-school desk, you can see the initials "W.D." carved into it. (2) The time that a certain clock is stopped at in Walt Disney: One Man's Dream is the same time that Walt Disney was pronounced to be dead.
Rock ‘n Roller Coaster (“RNR”)—(1) In the inside queue for Rock n Roller Coaster....where it loops around a few times (right before you enter the ramp area to the preshow)--On the wall (if you are looking straight back into the room its the wall on your right-hand side), there is a framed poster on the wall that was the cover of a record album. On the poster is a large American flag. The flag was added to the poster after people complained that the large pot leaf on the poster at the time was not appropriate on a Disney ride. If you look closely at the American flag sticker, you can see the dark shape of the pot leaf still underneath it. (2) Where in WDW can you find the "Highland Apts.?”--The alley behind the Aerosmith's studio by the launch area of RNR. (3) While waiting to tour Studio C, listen at the doors to Studio A and B, you will hear sounds from real recording sessions some of which came from Aerosmith's rerecording for the coaster. (4) While waiting to tour Studio C, you will hear PA calls for various people. These individuals being called are the Imagineers of the attraction. (5) Take a look at safety signs in the form of a guitar in the parking structure. It is a tribute to Elvis. (6) One of the PA announcements in the G-force records lobby is something to the effect of "phone call for Jude on line one...Hey, Jude, pick up line one!" (7) In the attraction, take a look at the AC power boxes and other electrical boxes. On these, you will see the initials and birthdays of the Imagineers. (8) The music posters in the rotunda will change out (as will the back ground music in the plaza) since G Force is a record company, and things are always changing in the music biz. (9) Next time you are in the Rock 'n Roller Coaster ride notice the License plates: (a) 1QKLIMO, (b) UGOGIRL, (c) BUHBYE, (d) 2FAST4U, (e) H8TRFFC. (10) There is a hidden Mickey on the Rock 'n Roller Coaster in the recording studio. If you look to your right on the floor, the sound cables are coiled in the shape of Mickey. (11) Did you know that in Rock 'n Roller Coaster, each limo plays a different Aerosmith track? I forgot how many tracks there were though. Some include F.I.N.E, Dude (looks like a lady), Nine Lives, Sweet Emotion, Walk This Way, Love in an Elevator, and I can't remember what else. Did you also know that when the ride ends, if you were in the limo that played Love in an Elevator, the lyrics change to Love in a Roller Coaster?
Star Tours—(1) On the exit side, come out of store, make a left, and look up at the building. "M" draped flags are there (posts protruding from the building with material draped over them, creating "M". (2) DH found a Hidden Kermit on line for Star Tours! There are several droids on you right side just around the corner from the loading zone. One of the droids looks like an animatronic Kermit the Frog without the green skin. (3) As your leaving the droid room entering the staging area, look up and you'll see 2 mechanical birds--a neat homage to the 2 crows (ravens?) on Splash Mt. just before the big drop. (4) A little Star Tours tip. Listen to the announcements. I'm not sure if they still do it, but they used to page an Egroeg Sacul. George Lucas backwards. It might be on Space Mountain though; I forget because I haven't listened for it in a while. Also listen for the reference to THX1138, seen in all of Lucas' films!
Tower of Terror (“TOT”)—(1) As you are walking through the lobby, you see a pair of glasses with lenses broken. This honors the Twilight Zone's episode with Burgess Meredith: the last man on earth after an atomic blast who LOVES to read. He finds the remnants of a library and is all set to finally read to his heart's content, when he accidentally breaks his glasses!! (Glasses also make a HM.) (2) Images of Mickey Mouse have been hidden throughout the attraction by mischievous Imagineers. During the entire show, for example, the little girl is holding a Mickey Mouse doll (one of the first Mickey Mouse dolls ever made, and it is the only Hidden Mickey that the design team has confirmed). Also, look for the famous silhouette of three circles along the balcony railing just before you enter the building and as a water stain on the wall in the boiler room. Although probably not intentional, the bell for the elevator above Rod Sterling’s head in the Library film also bears a resemblance to those famous mouse ears. A reference to Mickey can also be seen in the sheet music in the Library which is a copy of actual music written in the 1930s. (3) The luggage in the lobby is a complete set made from genuine alligator skin. While looking through a 1930s furniture catalog, Imagineers decided to call the company to see if they were still in business. They were, and Walt Disney Imagineering had them reproduce two settees for the lobby. (4) It is said that Imagineers had mahjongg players set up the game in the lobby so guests who know how to play the game can see that it is authentic. (5) The top speed for The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror is said to be about 39mph. (6) When you board the elevator, on the left side, outside of the elevator itself, is an inspection certificate that's dated Oct. 31, 1939 and signed by "Cadwallader." Cadwallader was a character in the sixth Twilight Zone episode, "Escape Clause" who actually turned out to be the Devil himself. The inspection certificate number is 10259, which is cool because The Twilight Zone's first episode ("Where Is Everybody") premiered on Oct. 2, 1959. (7) In the Fifth Dimension scene on the Foxtrot side, the swirling stars form a Hidden Mickey just before they disappear. (8) This is unofficial hidden Mickey, but when the elevator doors open the first time in the long hallway, if you look up at the hallway, where there is a slight kind of doorway overhead there is a hidden Mickey right in the dead center. It's pretty easy to see. Just look straight ahead in the middle upwards. (9) Has anyone seen the dummy from a Twilight Zone episode? When you are on TOT and your elevator gets to the bottom and you turn toward your door, he is sitting in a chair off to the side. (10) The bldg. is 199’ tall. It was supposed to be 200’, but for a structure 200’ tall, you need lights at the top for airplanes to see. So it is 199 feet tall to keep the spooky feeling! (11) In Tower of Terror, when you first go into the library to watch the movie, go all the way to the right by a bookshelf and there will be a book open of a song and the title is "What, no Mickey Mouse?" (12) As soon as you enter the lobby, on the right is the concierge desk with glasses on it. On the wall behind and above it is a large, dark plaque that says AAA13 Diamond Award hotel.

last but not least... the last installment page 5:

RESORTS
Fort Wildernes--(1) The name "Fort Wilderness" came from the fort on Tom Sawyers Island located at DISNEYLAND® Park in Anaheim, California. On Opening Day, a total of 40 Cast Members welcomed Guests to the resort. It opened with 232 campsites. (2) Tree Trunk Trashcans: The tree trunk trashcans featured at the resort contribute to the rustic theming. These trashcans are recycled props obtained from the retired Indian Village attraction that was open in Frontierland at DISNEYLAND® Park in California from 1955 to 1971. (3) Pioneer Hall: Pioneer Hall opened on April 1, 1974. The architecture and theme of Pioneer Hall is based on buildings constructed in the late 1800s and is comprised of two stories. Pioneer Hall is home to the popular Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue, Trail's End Restaurant, and Crockett's Tavern. (3) Lawnmower Tree--"The Lawn Mower Tree" is a tree embedded with lawn mower parts. The tree is located 100’ away from the marina building and 5’ off the path leading to Pioneer Hall. There is a plaque there about it. (4) Tri-Circle D Ranch: The Tri-Circle D Ranch opened with the Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground on November 19, 1971. The Ranch includes two barns and a petting farm. The two barns are situated 1 1/2 miles apart. One barn is located near Pioneer Hall and serves as the home for draft horses, such as those that are used on Main Street, U.S.A., at the MAGIC KINGDOM® Park. This barn also houses the ponies that are used for special events such as weddings, pony rides on the Ranch, and "Meet and Greet" with Guests at DISNEY'S ANIMAL KINGDOM® Theme Park. The second barn, the Trailblaze Corral, is located near the entrance to Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground and serves as the home for the Saddle horses that are used for the Trailblaze Corral Trail Rides around the Ft. Wilderness Resort & Campground. On average, there are 80-85 horses on the grounds. The petting farm includes the following animals: chickens, cows (Dexter breed), donkeys, goats, horses, miniature horses, pot bellied pigs, and sheep. Unique animals that have also found a home at Tri-Circle D Ranch include: Roadsweeper and Bonjara, two of the only 26 registered Gypsy Vanner horses in the United States have been living on the Tri-Circle D Ranch since July 2002. Historical Note: Minnie Moo, a Holstein cow famous for her natural Mickey Mouse shaped black spots, lived on the Tri-Circle D Ranch from November 1990 through July 2001. (5) Wilderness Cabins: The resort's log cabins, which were introduced in 1997, feature a Northwest Territory themed exterior. The interior details include lantern lamps above the kitchen table and chairs constructed to resemble tree branches giving the cabins a more authentic wilderness look. (6) Trailblaze Corral Trail Rides: Guests can enjoy guided trail rides through the wooded area around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground (Southeastern portion of the Resort). Check-in for the trail rides is located at the Kennel adjacent to the main parking lot entrance to Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground. The guided trail ride is 1.8 miles long and takes approximately 45 minutes to complete. (7) Neat thing we saw this trip that we had not seen in the past--you have to ride the boat from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness or vice versa. About half way between the two resorts, on the Fort Wilderness side of River Country, there is a Cypress Tree away from the shore line with dozens of pairs of shoes on it. It is the most bizarre thing. We asked one of the boat Captains about it, and he said, “Whenever anyone from "Watercraft" retires, all the staff go out there and the retiree puts a pair of shoes on the tree.” It is just part of their small retirement ceremony for each other. He also said, in all his years on the boat, NO ONE had ever asked him about those shoes. My family thought it was neat. So if you are on the boat, be on the lookout for it.
If your child just likes the monorail, you can go from Epcot to the Polynesian and lay on the beach watching MK fireworks.
At Beaches N Crème restaurant, there's a cool old Wurlitzer jukebox full of Rock N Roll classics that plays for free.
Pop Century--On the playdough characters, there are fingerprints in the elephants’ ears.

HISTORY
Anyone know exactly what happened to spark Walt Disney's idea of building Walt Disney World?
Well...when Walt was alive, he used to stand at the exit of Disneyland wishing the guests a farewell at the end of the night. NO ONE ever left the park before closing time. One night, a family walked by and was leaving the park before closing time, and Walt stopped them. He asked them why they were leaving early, worried that maybe a CM was rude or something bad happened. They said everything was wonderful, but when they were on the skyride, they saw the highway and could see there was a lot of traffic. They wanted to get a head start home to beat the traffic. Walt would have none of it, so he decided that day that he would build a bigger park and make it a "world" instead of just a "land.” He wanted it to be that once you enter Disney World you have no ties with the outside world. Since Disneyland is in the middle of the city and is so small, one couldn't do that. With a new world, you are engulfed in all that is Disney. Thus, the idea for Disney World was born (which was later renamed "Walt Disney World" by Roy Disney).
This isn't about a theme park, but it's very interesting. It's a story that the CM who gave us a "keys to the Kingdom" tour told us: Before Walt Disney started his own company, he was a young cartoonist looking for work. He signed on with a very small and little known company and started drawing and creating. He created a rabbit that he named "Oswald the Lucky Rabbit". Apparently, this company loved the rabbit, but wanted to make some changes. Walt refused, saying that this was his creation and he didn't want it changed. He then sold the rights of his creation to this company and quit to set out on his own. The company? Warner Bros., who then renamed Walt's creation "Bugs Bunny!"

KEEPSAKES
Pressed Pennies--(1) Avoid the bight shiny pennies. Depending on what penny you use, you may get a smear of zinc (silver looking metal). In 1982, pennies were made with both copper and zinc. Use pre-1982 pennies. (2) You might want to get the design pressed onto the "face" of the penny because the "tail" side sometimes leaves parts of the monument and you end up with an incomplete image. (3) Generally, if you insert the penny so that the "face" side is to the right, that is the side that will be pressed with the design. Also the quarter to the far left tends to be the quarter that gets pressed in Quarter Presses.
DOWNTOWN DISNEY
Christmas Shoppe—(1) In the very last room where they do the embroidery, look up. The ceiling the rafters look like lattice work. If you look carefully, you will see hidden Mickeys in it. (2) At least once a day in the Christmas shop they have a Magical Moment. One of the CMs chooses a child and has that child color in a paper ornament and then sign it and they hang it on the Christmas tree there with the ones that has already been done.

I am not sure if you did already, but can you please send me the list? Thanks. tcpm21@epix.net

Just wanted to give people a few more options besides reading my 5 different posts to get all the tips.... I found another dis board that is more up to date on the tips... the link to it is here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=311217&page=213

Also I got a few web sites from that dis thread that might help... these people are a little more computer savy than me and were able to post all the tips together on a website that you can go to. this site has the same tips that I posted previously:
http://www.mokenablaze.com/Best Kept Secrets.doc

this link is a little different with some great tips also:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disscav.htm

Hope this helps!!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much for all the hard work, TifferRN! I have copied and pasted all your posts to a Word document to read through at my leisure. Thank you, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter