Besties, Booze and Brrr!!! With Jen and Joe on the Go 5/8 January Wrap Up and new TR LInk! COMPLETE

Real Life Update...

So, as many of you know, Timmy's third DCP was canceled. He's much better now but was totally devastated when he got the email. He can reapply next time ( August). I'm hoping there will be a next time and that he will make it in again...This means that Joe and I canceled our end of May trip, seeing as the reason for the trip was to bring Timmy down to get him settled in his apartment. This made me sad too. Like many of you, I am really missing Disney and I'm having a difficult time with the stay at home order (Illinois may extend into June). Some days are worse than others and some are better than others. I totally get it but I don't have to like it... 😟

We tentatively have trips planned for July and September. I am praying at least 1 of them works out. If both of them work out I will be the happiest person in the world...

Next up, Joe and I have breakfast with @ariane37 and Steve, spend some time in DS and head out to the airport...

Ach Jen sending hugs to you all. I really feel for Timmy after getting so excited that he'd got a place on the DCP he must have been so gutted to have it cancelled :(
Crossing my fingers that your trips happen and that Timmy is successful next time around:goodvibes

You know Timmy was the first one I thought of when I heard the program was cancelled and my heart broke for him ❤ Both of your other trips WILL happen, especially since we have July and Sept. trips booked too AND we'll get to see you there in Sept!!!:grouphug:

Timmy's third DCP was canceled. He's much better now but was totally devastated when he got the email.
Poor Timmy... I can only imagine how upsetting that would be :sad1:

Like many of you, I am really missing Disney and I'm having a difficult time with the stay at home order (Illinois may extend into June). Some days are worse than others and some are better than others. I totally get it but I don't have to like it... 😟
I'm with you 100% on all of that. It's honestly sometimes hard to get on the Dis these days because it just makes me miss it all so much more :sad: But Disney is our happy place and it will continue to be so... and I hope we all get back as soon as possible.

We tentatively have trips planned for July and September. I am praying at least 1 of them works out. If both of them work out I will be the happiest person in the world...
I sure hope so, too! :hug:

Poor Timmy :( I imagine that must have been such a sad day at your house!

We're crossing our fingers for the June trip we moved from April, but I am feeling JB is going to shut us down until then, so we likely won't be able to go....but I can still hope!!! I'm not moving it again unless Disney says I can't come.

Ach Jen sending hugs to you all. I really feel for Timmy after getting so excited that he'd got a place on the DCP he must have been so gutted to have it cancelled :(
Crossing my fingers that your trips happen and that Timmy is successful next time around:goodvibes
It just really makes me sad. Praying things will start getting back to normal soon.

You know Timmy was the first one I thought of when I heard the program was cancelled and my heart broke for him ❤ Both of your other trips WILL happen, especially since we have July and Sept. trips booked too AND we'll get to see you there in Sept!!!:grouphug:
OMG! I pray to God they work out!!!!!!!!! Joe and I miss you and Steve so much!!!!!!!!!!!! :love2:

I'm so sorry, Jenny. Poor Timmy. I can just imagine how heart crushing that must be :sad1: I hope he gets another chance in the future and that we all get to enjoy our trips very soon!
You and me both Kelly!!!!!❤

Poor Timmy... I can only imagine how upsetting that would be :sad1:
He's doing better now, but the initial blow was hard to take. He was going to go from custodial to attractions too.

I'm with you 100% on all of that. It's honestly sometimes hard to get on the Dis these days because it just makes me miss it all so much more :sad: But Disney is our happy place and it will continue to be so... and I hope we all get back as soon as possible.
I know, right!!!!!

Poor Timmy :( I imagine that must have been such a sad day at your house!
It was indeed.
We're crossing our fingers for the June trip we moved from April, but I am feeling JB is going to shut us down until then, so we likely won't be able to go....but I can still hope!!! I'm not moving it again unless Disney says I can't come.
Ok, let me say this. I am NOT a fan of JB and I can no longer watch his press conferences because I want to reach out and strangle him through the tv or throw something at it. LOL!
That being said...I hope he starts slowly and safely to start opening the economy in counties where numbers are low. We can wear masks and set limits for how many people can be in stores while social distancing. I just read how much cities like Joliet and Aurora are losing weekly and it makes me sooooo sad. Joe and I need to get back to work too in fear that one of us may kill the other. LOL!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now. Rant over. Thanks for listening Jackie!!!!😘

Ok, let me say this. I am NOT a fan of JB and I can no longer watch his press conferences because I want to reach out and strangle him through the tv or throw something at it. LOL!
That being said...I hope he starts slowly and safely to start opening the economy in counties where numbers are low. We can wear masks and set limits for how many people can be in stores while social distancing. I just read how much cities like Joliet and Aurora are losing weekly and it makes me sooooo sad. Joe and I need to get back to work too in fear that one of us may kill the other. LOL!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now. Rant over. Thanks for listening Jackie!!!!😘
I completely agree with you, and hope that's how he proceeds. I feel like the shelter in place will be extended either way, but it would be really smart to start slowly reopening some businesses, too, the ones that can control the # of clients they serve or have in at a time (nail salons, barber/beauty shops, etc.) We need to get some things moving.

Rob, Jimmy and I have all been home together since March 16th, and with us both being teachers with no school to get back to, we will be together until we go back in August, LOL. Thankfully, we've been enjoying ourselves quite a bit so far once the E-Learning is done each day!

Don't kill each other :) You need him for your Vlog! Jen Alone On the Go doesn't have the same ring to it!!

I completely agree with you, and hope that's how he proceeds. I feel like the shelter in place will be extended either way, but it would be really smart to start slowly reopening some businesses, too, the ones that can control the # of clients they serve or have in at a time (nail salons, barber/beauty shops, etc.) We need to get some things moving.

Rob, Jimmy and I have all been home together since March 16th, and with us both being teachers with no school to get back to, we will be together until we go back in August, LOL. Thankfully, we've been enjoying ourselves quite a bit so far once the E-Learning is done each day!

Don't kill each other :) You need him for your Vlog! Jen Alone On the Go doesn't have the same ring to it!!
Ok, this last part made me laugh really loud.
I’m glad you, Rob and Jimmy are doing well.
I cannot wait until I can leave this house to go somewhere other than the grocery store.

What a big fat bummer, can I just say I HATE THE CORONAVIRUS AND WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY!!!
I hope Timmy gets to go for another program in the not so distant future!
When is you September trip? I am thinking of changing our August trip to September for F&W and HHN if Andi can do it with her classes!
I watched the two new vlogs on YouTube. I didn’t know you got married in Florida very cool!

What a big fat bummer, can I just say I HATE THE CORONAVIRUS AND WISH IT WOULD GO AWAY!!!
I hope Timmy gets to go for another program in the not so distant future!
When is you September trip? I am thinking of changing our August trip to September for F&W and HHN if Andi can do it with her classes!
I watched the two new vlogs on YouTube. I didn’t know you got married in Florida very cool!
He's much better now. We ALL hate this stupid virus. We are sick of so many things these days...LOL!

Our September dates are currently the 20-26. We overlap Ariane and Steve and another friend of mine who's not on the DIS. We're staying at Pop. I have a feeling July could be canceled, but I'm trying to stay hopeful!!!! Let me know if you change your trip to our dates!!!!
Yes. Joe and I had a sunset ceremony with family on the beach at the Don Cesar and it was perfect.❤

I am so sorry Timmys DCP got cancelled! Crazy times!

I am with you i will stay home, and do what i need to but i dont' have to like it, and i don't have to be happy about it!

I hope you are all staying safe and healthy

That being said...I hope he starts slowly and safely to start opening the economy in counties where numbers are low. We can wear masks and set limits for how many people can be in stores while social distancing. I just read how much cities like Joliet and Aurora are losing weekly and it makes me sooooo sad. Joe and I need to get back to work too in fear that one of us may kill the other. LOL!!!!!! Ok, I feel better now. Rant over.
I've been watching Pritzker's news conferences but they are getting harder and harder to listen to. We used to be small business owners and I feel so incredibily sorry for them right now. This is no longer about people having their "fun times" taken away. This is about people losing their life savings, their ability to pay their rent/mortgage, and putting food on the table. Downstate Illinois has a right to be upset at the extension to May 30th. People can make the choice to stay home or go out. But businesses can't make a choice to survive or fail.

I am with you i will stay home, and do what i need to but i dont' have to like it, and i don't have to be happy about it!
Amen! People don't like to be controlled and our livelihoods and state of minds are being threatened...I feel like I'm in Communist China. Our governor actually told us to shame people not wearing masks...

I've been watching Pritzker's news conferences but they are getting harder and harder to listen to. We used to be small business owners and I feel so incredibily sorry for them right now. This is no longer about people having their "fun times" taken away. This is about people losing their life savings, their ability to pay their rent/mortgage, and putting food on the table. Downstate Illinois has a right to be upset at the extension to May 30th. People can make the choice to stay home or go out. But businesses can't make a choice to survive or fail.
You are so right!!!!!! Seriously, the longer this goes on, the more difficult it is going to be for people to move on...
I am barely working (8-10 hours a week) and Joe has been furloughed from his jobs, which REALLY sucks.
JB should have reopened on a county to county basis and started with more than just state parks and people able to fo golfing and fishing. What a joke!!!! I am going to do everything I can so he doesn't get reelected next term...

Hi Jenny! Coming out of lurkerdom to say how much I enjoy your trip reports! We are from central/southern Illinois. My husband and I have been lucky enough to keep working during this time, but many in our area have not and tensions are definitely rising regarding JB. We had a trip planned for June to celebrate my birthday and my DD's 8th grade promotion. Since her ceremony was cancelled along with in session school, we really were looking forward to celebrating at WDW. With this latest extension, I don't think June is going to work out now. We have planned a backup trip for the end of July/beg of August and are keeping our fingers crossed that everything is safely opened up by then!

:welcome:

Hi Jenny! Coming out of lurkerdom to say how much I enjoy your trip reports! We are from central/southern Illinois. My husband and I have been lucky enough to keep working during this time, but many in our area have not and tensions are definitely rising regarding JB. We had a trip planned for June to celebrate my birthday and my DD's 8th grade promotion. Since her ceremony was cancelled along with in session school, we really were looking forward to celebrating at WDW. With this latest extension, I don't think June is going to work out now. We have planned a backup trip for the end of July/beg of August and are keeping our fingers crossed that everything is safely opened up by then!

Hi there! Thank you so much for popping in to say hi. I actually have family outside of Decatur in Pana...
JB just makes me annoyed. I cannot wait until the next election. I will do everything I can to get him voted out!!!! There's no reason people in counties where the numbers are low can't begin to move back to how life was intended to be. Sorry. rant over...
Anyway, I really hope your June trip works out. We have trips planned for the end of July as well (for my bday) and the end of September. PRAYING they work out!!!!
Keep safe!!!!

It really is a small world sometimes, I also have family in Pana and have shopped in Decatur often! I hope things will return soon to normal or whatever our new normal will be. I do think we are canceling June and planning on the End of July trip. For a lot of reasons, but we just need to get some things done and with everything closed its difficult. I also want to make it to my hairdresser before I go on vacation and I don't think JB is gonna let us until after May. 😄 Good luck with your plans as well and hope your trips work out!

It really is a small world sometimes, I also have family in Pana and have shopped in Decatur often! I hope things will return soon to normal or whatever our new normal will be. I do think we are canceling June and planning on the End of July trip. For a lot of reasons, but we just need to get some things done and with everything closed its difficult. I also want to make it to my hairdresser before I go on vacation and I don't think JB is gonna let us until after May. 😄 Good luck with your plans as well and hope your trips work out!
Wow! It is a small world. My dad grew up there and some of his family is still there.
Yes, we have gone to the Decatur mall too many times to count. LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter