Beverage Packages-Are they worth it?

You can get milk at any time in Windjammer, but they only put it out in the morning. You just need to request it at the drink stations and they're happy to provide it. Our son drinks a LOT of milk, so we were very glad that it was included!

Does anyone know the current price for the soda package? DH doesn't drink alcohol but he consumes mass quantities of diet coke.

DH and I are "on vacation" when we are on vacation. Bloody Marys for breakfast, beer for the afternoon, fancy cocktails in the evening etc. So I just purchased the highest end package for our cruise at a 20% discount. I don't know if that is because I am a new cruiser or a time thing but I went to another website for the drink menu and it will be worth it for us.

We got the beverage package on the Freedom in July and it was totally worth it. By the time I had a couple of diet Cokes a day followed by fruity drinks at the pool and wine with dinner, we made our money from them. The other nice thing is that my DH and I sometimes want different wines (white vs red, etc) so we could just order glasses instead of trying to find a bottle that worked for both of us. Also, we occasionally splurged for a glass of wine more than $12 a glass and were just able to pay the difference. Last plus, for us, is that if you buy it in advance you don't worry about what kind of bar tab is building up.

Conventional wisdom on cruise message boards indicate if you consume more than 4 cocktails or specialty coffee per day plus water and soda you are best off buying the drink package.

if you buy the premium drink package, is the soda bottle or can? How much is it to buy a soda at Dinner?

if you buy the premium drink package, is the soda bottle or can? How much is it to buy a soda at Dinner?

It's "gun" soda. Or if your ship as freestyle machines that's an option too.

Expect a soda to be a few dollars if you don't have the package.

neither. it is fountain soda only. ships with Freestyle Machines, you get a chip activated mug but can also get a glass at all bars and the MDR.

IF you get it portable, it will be cans only.. some bartenders are okay with giving them, others won't as technically they are not included( neither are sodas in your in room cooler or Room service. )

individual purchases will get the entire can..at close to $4 a can. its like $3.85 with the 18% gratuity added.

I'm looking to book my first RCL trip next summer and I have some questions about the drink packages. What are the different packages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and what do they include? What are the general per day pricing for various packages? My husband likes craft beer- is there any on board and would that be included? Would smoothies for the kids be included in the replenishment package?

I'm looking to book my first RCL trip next summer and I have some questions about the drink packages. What are the different packages (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic) and what do they include? What are the general per day pricing for various packages? My husband likes craft beer- is there any on board and would that be included? Would smoothies for the kids be included in the replenishment package?

we are wondering the same thing for grown ups and 2 kids under 10!

How many months before the cruise are the packages available to purchase?
Im assuming you can purchase them a few months before cruise. W bought the cruise 75 days out and it was available in our cruise planner and at 20% discount for the deluxe package.
For our cruise that's $48+ gratuity per day.

We will be on the Liberty of the seas and we purchased the soda package. It appears you get a souvenir cup. Is it a tervis or tervis like and do they fill that up or a small cup?

We will be on the Liberty of the seas and we purchased the soda package. It appears you get a souvenir cup. Is it a tervis or tervis like and do they fill that up or a small cup?
Someone posted a photo of the cup in the Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty thread... seems like it's Tervis like. Really nice actually.
My understanding is that you can use that cup in the ship's freestyle Coke machines. Or you can just get soda from any bar and they will give it to you in a regular cup. You don't have to use the soda cup you get with the drink package.

Someone posted a photo of the cup in the Anthem of the Seas from Cape Liberty thread... seems like it's Tervis like. Really nice actually.
My understanding is that you can use that cup in the ship's freestyle Coke machines. Or you can just get soda from any bar and they will give it to you in a regular cup. You don't have to use the soda cup you get with the drink package.

That's correct. I'm not sure if Liberty has Freestyle machines, but if it does you would need the cup to use the machines. You only need to show your card if you'd like a soda from a bar.

The current cup looks like this

upload_2017-3-20_7-47-11.jpeg

Liberty doesn't have a freestyle coke machine so I guess it will be the bar giving me a cup of soda.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter