Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Ahhh have so much fun on your trip!

Boma breakfast looks really good. I have heard it’s the best breakfast buffet on property so have considered trying it.

I love people watching/listening on our trips. Most of the time it just frustrates me though cause it’s someone saying something just totally wrong. I have to stop myself from jumping into someone else’s conversation quite often.

Why does Soarin always seem to take so long in the fp line? Those people in front of you would have got on my nerves and I probably would have been a tattle tale and told a cm about the alcohol in the water bottle. Probably just cause I’m a rule follower.

We totally missed the deep freeze back home, thankfully! Although my mom texted me almost daily with a picture of her car thermometer on her drive to work!

I enjoyed reading this tr and can’t wait to read your next one! I’m sorry we never ran into each other this time!
Thank you so much! Boma was awesome and a definite must do again!
Soarin has really had longer FP lines lately
I hope we get to meet up sometime, how fun!!
Weather was awesome this trip!

It's so funny that you mention this because Jimmy is irate when people confuse monkeys and apes! He learned on a trip to AK, the first time he had done the Wilderness Explorers booklet, that you can tell the difference between monkeys and apes because monkeys have tails and apes don't. When we returned home, he was like, "Why do they call Curious George a monkey?! He has NO TAIL! He is a curious little APE!!!" He corrects people at the zoo all the time...
Good job Jimmy! Apes and monkeys are not the same! This lady was so funny to me, there aren’t little gorillas geesh!
It is always fun listening to people and the misinformation you hear, haha!

And you're there now! Hope you're having a wonderful time :goodvibes

Oops! Once I accidentally put eggnog on my fruit, thinking it was yogurt :faint:

:rotfl2:

Phew! Close one, no doubt :laughing:

Yikes... people really needed to pull it together that day :rotfl:

:laughing:

Thanks for another wonderful trip report! Looking forward to the next installment :goodvibes
Thank you Tracy, it is so fun listening in to people’s silly conversations! Stay tuned for my next Disney chapter coming up soon, we had a wonderful time!

That's my favorite too.. which is surprising since it tastes like bubble gum... and who would have thought a drink named Cola would taste like gum, and that I would like it?!

Hope you are having a good time this week!
Andi and I stopped in for a sample of my favorite Inca Cola! Yum!
We had a wonderful time, loved the weather, crowds were bad but still so much fun!!

Yeah, I don't know if I'd bother with MK again (we have enough of the similar rides at Disneyland). AK I may be interested in because I do love those rides, but I've gotten a bit scared off from the higher number of people and wait times reported recently. DHS could be interesting because it would leave me the day to book FPs elsewhere...
I agree, done with MK DAH, I really thought about AK, except the park is so spread out and we have been fortunate enough to ride FoP many times now, we passed on it. HS might be fun, we do love TSM and ToT!

Boma truly is the best breakfast on property! There's a reason I've gone 3x!
I agree, on my repeat list for Sure!!

still haven't been in here! Though you can't trick me to try Beverly - I did in Las Vegas and ick!
We some people trying Beverly last week and their expressions were priceless, haha! I read it is drank between meals in Italy to settle the stomach, I get that it tastes like alka seltzer!

Hello Everyone!

I am back from a wonderful trip at WDW, we had a great week of weather, relaxing, and fighting the crowds, and some good tricks to have fun during a busy spring break week!
upload_2019-4-1_11-49-58.gif
I will continue my TR here, call it the next edition in my Disney life! Some titles for this trip were Get spit on riding the rails!, Lift your spirits with Lyft, I’m cheesed and cauliflowered out!, and the ever famous Is this really the FP line? Gives you a little glimpse into our trip!

Our trip started on Sunday 3/24, we shuttled down to St.Paul for our Southwest flight.
upload_2019-4-1_11-31-54.gif
This was a first time for us using Southwest. I loved that is was in the smaller terminal at MSP airport, this is so nice. A much smaller terminal than the gigantic main terminal.

I decided to wing it and did not get early bird check in and it was fine, we got B11&12 and A58&59 for this
trip, good numbers! I checked in right at the 24 hour mark. We took off on time, spent about 90 minutes in Kansas City, Missouri (Walt Disney’s birthplace), I think that is what Andi told me.
upload_2019-4-1_11-33-49.gif
The second flight was just fine and we were in Orlando around 8:30pm, yay! We took the fake orail to the baggage claim area and collected our luggage! I really liked how Southwest does not charge fees, what a welcome change!
upload_2019-4-1_11-35-28.gif
Our luggage appeared quickly and we headed to ME, what? Yes I changed our hotel reservation at the last minute, I went online the day before and what do you know a Pop Century AP Room was available Sunday night for a good price so I booked it!
IMG_Apr12019at114649AM.jpg
IMG_Apr12019at114706AM.jpg
This gave us a chance to stay in a refurbished room and use ME, so convenient. The ME area was quiet and we got on a bus right away and took off shortly after that. We were so excited to be heading home!

Pop was the second stop, I never got a room ready text, bummer! I had to wait in the check in line for about 15 minutes. We got our requests, yay! The cm was not sure why I didn’t get my text, oh well. We were in the first 50’s building on an upper floor! We were really close to the main lobby area.
IMG_Apr12019at114329AM.jpg
We brought our luggage to the room and checked out the place. We loved it, the room was nice and clean. I thought the new rooms were very nice. There is so much storage space and it was bright and refreshed.

We were really hungry, Andi wanted the plant based burger and fries. The food court was jam packed, wow! I forgot how busy the value resort’s QS area can be. I got in the huge line for the burgers and Andi gathered up condiments and went back to the room for a shower. She got the better deal than me, haha!
IMG_Apr12019at114428AM.jpg
I believe it took about 20-30 minutes to get waited on. I ordered the bacon cheeseburger with fries. They made Andi’s veggie burger to order, which was nice. It had avocado on it. I brought the food to our room and we ate at the cute little table in front of the Murphy bed. The French fries were fresh, hot, and plentiful. Andi said the burger was so good, the best one she has had in awhile, yay! Mine was just fine. I failed to get pictures of the food.

We pulled down the bed for Andi and settled in for the night. We slept really good! The beds were very comfortable and the room was quiet. We enjoyed our quick 1 night stay at the Pop. I would stay again.
IMG_Apr12019at114244AM.jpg
IMG_Apr12019at114359AM.jpg
Travel day completed. I liked arriving a little later and not having to leave at 3am from home. Southwest and Pop both positives on travel day!

I hope putting the March trip in here is okay with everyone following. Let me know what you all think! I will definitely put the page # in title so it will be easy to find.

Stay tuned for Day 2 Adventures at F&G and MK.........................

That's awesome that you were able to switch to Pop on your first night! I'm glad that the later flight and Pop both worked out well for you!

I've seen some pictures and videos from the crowds the past week so I'm definitely interested as to how that affected your trip!

Can't wait to hear more!

We some people trying Beverly last week and their expressions were priceless, haha! I read it is drank between meals in Italy to settle the stomach, I get that it tastes like alka seltzer!
My sister snapped a photo when I tried it! I have no idea where it is anymore, but it shows the absolute disgust on my face!

Travel day completed. I liked arriving a little later and not having to leave at 3am from home. Southwest and Pop both positives on travel day!
Yay! We LOVE Southwest, never paid for early bird and we are usually in the A group. A couple of times we’ve been in B but never had trouble finding 4 seats together.

I stayed at ASMo for marathon weekend and LOVED the renovated room, the beds are so comfy. We are looking forward to our August stay at Pop, hoping the Skyliner is running.

Spring Break crowds scare me, can’t wait to read about your trip.

Nice easy travel day! It is nicer getting to Disney a day earlier so you can hit the ground running that first day!

Hurray! Glad you had a great week and I can't wait to hear all about it! Your room at Pop is so cute!!

It sounds like you had a really good first day (minus the long food lines).

I'm really curious about the Spring Break crowds. I've heard they were really bad this year.

Pop sounds nice! I haven’t stayed at a value yet and we are booked at All Stars Movies for September. We have a preferred room so I’m pretty sure that guarantees us a refurbed room. I’m a little worried about the bed size, unless we have a king bed we sleep in separate beds on vacation anyways but my husband is 6’2.

I’m cool with you continuing the tr here. When I open it, it takes me right to the last unread post so it’s easy to keep up with.

I wore my new spirit jersey and purple wall ears.

These ears are soooo cute! How come I've never seen them before?! I don't even remember you buying them in the TR... I'm thinking I missed something! :rotfl2:

I am starting to really like this soundtrack and show now. I’ll say it again for the 100th time, I love The Moana part!!

Yay! So glad it's growing on you! and the Moana part is probably the best.

img_mar212019at75836pm-jpg.389797

This is fantastic!

As you can see, from this update, a little boring!

But being in the Magic Kingdom at night is so magical, regardless!

I have thought about AK except I just don’t see the value for us, we have both been on FoP at least 10x, Dino a 100x and Andi has been on Everest a ton. What do you all think?

Yeah, MK seems to be the best value ride-wise, but Animal Kingdom is so fun at night that it might be worthwhile. Oh man, I LOVE riding Everest at night.

My sister asked if they ever get to sample anything left over and he said no, he could get fired for that!

This is hard for me to believe! I worked at the Mara and they let us sample stuff all the time. When we got new wine selections they had a tasting night for us (though I did not get to partake as I was underage then)! And the chefs from Boma would let us try stuff, as well, since Boma and Mara share a kitchen.

Andi had the protein bowl with Tofu, rice, beans and the herb dressing

This is my order except for the dressing! So perfect

This is everything to me! Can't wait to see it in May!

Wait, this is even better!

They were drinking rum out of a huge water bottle. One guy was so annoying, he kept getting louder the more rum he sipped:sad1:

Tackyyyy!

This was a first time for us using Southwest.

My all-time favorite airline! Glad it was a good experience!

We took off on time, spent about 90 minutes in Kansas City, Missouri (Walt Disney’s birthplace), I think that is what Andi told me.

Hey, that's my airport! Seems like an airport I wouldn't want to have a layover in... there's not much there. But it's great to depart from! Also, I think Walt was born in Marceline, but lived in Kansas City for a time. There's a really cool Walt Disney Hometown museum in Marceline!

That's awesome that you were able to switch to Pop on your first night! I'm glad that the later flight and Pop both worked out well for you!

I've seen some pictures and videos from the crowds the past week so I'm definitely interested as to how that affected your trip!

Can't wait to hear more!
Thank you Cloe! I was glad I checked, I was a little nervous after reading the reviews for the bargain hotel I had booked. It probably would have been just fine but I love to be on Disney property if able and it worked out well.

The crowds were heavy, surprisingly Epcot was the best even with F&G and we spent a lot of time there,

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter