Beware of Poachers and Look at the Little Gorillas! 3 trips in 1. NEW TR started 8/31/19**

Yay! We LOVE Southwest, never paid for early bird and we are usually in the A group. A couple of times we’ve been in B but never had trouble finding 4 seats together.

I stayed at ASMo for marathon weekend and LOVED the renovated room, the beds are so comfy. We are looking forward to our August stay at Pop, hoping the Skyliner is running.

Spring Break crowds scare me, can’t wait to read about your trip.
I agree, we had no problems finding seats together and pretty far up in the airplane. Such a nice change from paying for your seat, carryon, checked etc....
Pop was so nice, I really liked it, the dining area not so much haha! Super busy. The skyliner looked ready to start running very soon especially at HS!

Yay for a successful travel day. I'm really looking forward to our one night at Pop in May and can't wait to see the refurbed rooms!!!!
Hi Jenny! Pop was such a nice surprise, we had stayed 1 night several years ago and we were not impressed with our dated room. This time so different, the rooms have more storage space then the AKL rooms!

Hurray! Glad you had a great week and I can't wait to hear all about it! Your room at Pop is so cute!!
We really had a nice time, it was even more special since I don’t see Andi everyday anymore!
I was surprised how nice the room was and all the great storage!

It sounds like you had a really good first day (minus the long food lines).

I'm really curious about the Spring Break crowds. I've heard they were really bad this year.
It was a nice travel day, I was surprised how many hungry people there were at 10pm, haha! I’m usually in bed at that time! One little boy in front of me told the CM, these French fries better be really good since I waited so long for them, haha! I was really impressed with the cm’s In the food court, they were on the ball and the food was actually fresh and hot!

The crowds were heavy, I think Disney makes it worse by not keeping the parks open later now at these busy times! We have been at Easter time before and MK would be open until 1am, not anymore the latest I saw was 11pm 1 night and only 1 EMH at night there for the week. They use to have 2 and the park would stay open until 3am!

Thank you Cloe! I was glad I checked, I was a little nervous after reading the reviews for the bargain hotel I had booked. It probably would have been just fine but I love to be on Disney property if able and it worked out well.

The crowds were heavy, surprisingly Epcot was the best even with F&G and we spent a lot of time there,

I feel like anything Disney is always better! haha plus the Pop renos are so nice now! Glad it all worked out!

You know, we noticed the same thing in EPCOT. I have a theory that families are skipping EPCOT now since MK is always a must and then HS and DAK are musts now with their new lands. I could definitely see that happening with just the lack of things to do for kids ride-wise in EPCOT!

No problem with putting your TR in this one... it's actually easier because I don't have to go searching for it!

I love those POP beds and pillows... SO comfy... we are staying there again in September... I've requested 50's, but bottom floor for hubby's ecv... easier than trying to use the elevator. I love the bowling pin pool right there..it's not too busy.

Looks like a nice travel day. We had a very good experience with Southwest, too, but our girls are still young enough for family boarding. That made me much more confident trying them out.

I got in the huge line for the burgers and Andi gathered up condiments and went back to the room for a shower. She got the better deal than me, haha!

Isn't that always the way with your kids? Here, I'll do the hard part, you go rest and recharge.

I enjoyed your January report! I'm going to start your continuation next! But what you said about the "gorillas" made me laugh. On one of our trips I remember being at AK and telling my girls to come see the pink flamingos. They were NOT pink flamingos, and I knew that, but I didn't know what they WERE called. Anyway, a lady standing nearby gave me a seriously strange look when I kept calling them pink flamingos :rotfl2:.

ETA: Started your continuation and I'm happy to see it here :). Can't wait to read more.

Last edited:
These ears are soooo cute! How come I've never seen them before?! I don't even remember you buying them in the TR... I'm thinking I missed something! :rotfl2:
I ordered these from an Etsy shop, the name escapes me right now, Andi has ordered ears from her before and I really liked the purple wall ones.

Yay! So glad it's growing on you! and the Moana part is probably the best.
It really is, I enjoy it more each time!

But being in the Magic Kingdom at night is so magical, regardless!
It is magical to be at MK with very few crowds!

Yeah, MK seems to be the best value ride-wise, but Animal Kingdom is so fun at night that it might be worthwhile. Oh man, I LOVE riding Everest at night.
If I rode Everest it would make it more worth it, Andi said it is really a coo, experience at night!

This is hard for me to believe! I worked at the Mara and they let us sample stuff all the time. When we got new wine selections they had a tasting night for us (though I did not get to partake as I was underage then)! And the chefs from Boma would let us try stuff, as well, since Boma and Mara share a kitchen.
I thought it was odd especially because you need to be familiar with the food items, he did come across a little bitter towards Disney.

Hey, that's my airport! Seems like an airport I wouldn't want to have a layover in... there's not much there. But it's great to depart from! Also, I think Walt was born in Marceline, but lived in Kansas City for a time. There's a really cool Walt Disney Hometown museum in Marceline!
It is a compact area at your airport, we accidentally walked out of the secure area and didn’t realize it, no big deal since it was easy and quick to get back through security. We shared a Margherita pizza at the California Pizza Kitchen, it was pretty good. Andi would be disappointed in me for getting the Walt fact wrong, thanks for clearing it up, haha! I should know this I did the Marceline to Magic tour!

I feel like anything Disney is always better! haha plus the Pop renos are so nice now! Glad it all worked out!

You know, we noticed the same thing in EPCOT. I have a theory that families are skipping EPCOT now since MK is always a must and then HS and DAK are musts now with their new lands. I could definitely see that happening with just the lack of things to do for kids ride-wise in EPCOT!
I agree! I have read posts from people saying they skip Epcot because there isn’t much for the kids!

I'm glad to hear Southwest worked out well! I only wish they flew direct from Minneapolis to MCO, I hate having to stop.
It was fine but I’m with you I like a nonstop flight better from MSP, I know when I fly from Duluth it isn’t nonstop but that is different. I couldn’t believe the airfare during this time it was so high, SW was the best price and the times were good. The seats are quite comfortable as well.

No problem with putting your TR in this one... it's actually easier because I don't have to go searching for it!

I love those POP beds and pillows... SO comfy... we are staying there again in September... I've requested 50's, but bottom floor for hubby's ecv... easier than trying to use the elevator. I love the bowling pin pool right there..it's not too busy.
Thank you, it makes sense to keep this thread going for me as well!

The beds were so comfortable at Pop and at CSR, the 50’s area is so convenient and the pool was outside our room, I bet we got upgraded because I don’t think I paid for a pool view.

Looks like a nice travel day. We had a very good experience with Southwest, too, but our girls are still young enough for family boarding. That made me much more confident trying them out.

Isn't that always the way with your kids? Here, I'll do the hard part, you go rest and recharge.
Thank you! It was a good travel day and the flights worked out well.
Andi did get the better end of the deal, the wait was long!

I enjoyed your January report! I'm going to start your continuation next! But what you said about the "gorillas" made me laugh. On one of our trips I remember being at AK and telling my girls to come see the pink flamingos. They were NOT pink flamingos, and I knew that, but I didn't know what they WERE called. Anyway, a lady standing nearby gave me a seriously strange look when I kept calling them pink flamingos :rotfl2:.

ETA: Started your continuation and I'm happy to see it here :). Can't wait to read more.
Thank you so much for reading along and commenting!
The gorilla statement just made me laugh, believe me Andi is correcting me all the time, haha! Sometimes I am just so excited at Disney, I say some silly things!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter