Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique FAQ PART II - w/ Photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have seen in the PL thread people talking about tipping the PM's. Is this done at BBB with the FGIT as well? If so how much do people normally tip?

I have seen in the PL thread people talking about tipping the PM's. Is this done at BBB with the FGIT as well? If so how much do people normally tip?

DD has done the castle package twice and we tipped $20 each time. Then in November, she did the courtyard package and I wasn't planning to tip $20 that time since the package is less than half but her FGIT was so good and DD had the most fun with her so I ended up giving her $20 too. I don't know what the norm is, but that's what I have done

I have tipped as well. We usually tip $5 to $10

Took my daughter and son to BBB last summer and asked on this board about tipping. Think that the general range was about 15 to 20% of services (not merchandise if you are getting a pricier package). I remember tipping around $15 total I think, but ended up having smaller bills because there was a person who did most of the work on my daughter and another who was with her for only a short time (nails only?) so I gave her a smaller tip (around $3 to $5 I think?).

Took my daughter and son to BBB last summer and asked on this board about tipping. Think that the general range was about 15 to 20% of services (not merchandise if you are getting a pricier package). I remember tipping around $15 total I think, but ended up having smaller bills because there was a person who did most of the work on my daughter and another who was with her for only a short time (nails only?) so I gave her a smaller tip (around $3 to $5 I think?).

yep that is what i do too basically. I probably gave you that advice. LOL. I think most times we give $5 or mor to the girl doing her hair and then 3-5 to the nail make up girl

Sooooo sad, had to cancel my BBB ressies. I originally had MK ressies for the last day we were there which made sense because she'd only have her hair like that the last day and I was gonna surprise her with a new dress that she could wear in the park afterwards. Our plans changed and I rebooked but the only appt I could get was the first day of our trip at DTD. I didnt like the fact that she would have her hair like that the first day of the trip, cuz it would either stay like that the whole time or I'd have to spend like half an hr in the bath trying to get it out. Not my idea of vacay. So I cancelled that one too. Now we're not going at all :(
And I already bought her a new Aurora dress with tiara and everything!
Ive asked this before but I dont think anyone answered...whats the chance of getting in as a walk in?

Sorry, but if she has never been I think the magical experience is worth a half hour of "together time" :) before bed on day 2. Two days of BBB hair could be just right for both of you. You would have pics both ways. We did that and it was cute day two with tiara and different outfit. I would reconsider getting that ressie back.

I agree. i would make an appointment. Even if she only has it for an hour it is so worth the experience. My DD has done it 3 times now and she never gets tired of it.

My daughter is very hair sensitive but I know she would love to do bbb do they just do the updo tight hair bun or will they do diffrent styles?

I cannot get enough of little girls in princess dresses (being a mom of little girls) but am I the only one who things they could do better with the hair? I always think it looks greasy/hard and painful! I won't spend the money until the add a more natural option... :) I agree; my little girls have sensitive scalps!

I looked on Ebay and the largest I seen was a size 14. I'm going to look on Amazon. I looked on Etsy and found sewllers that were willing to make one in a larger size, but they were all $100+. I just can't afford that. Hopefully I have better luck close to Halloween.

You guys should check Craigslist! I have found most of my girls dresses there and some of the "older models" made different sizes. Also, I have gotten next to new dresses there for a fraction of the cost.

Doing the happy dance. :cool1: Thought I'd have problems getting a good appointment for DGD on her birthday (Halloween, October 31). Got 9:05 at DTD. Coupled with a late princess lunch at Akershus (2:45), she'll have a magical birthday.

I'm a little nervous about it not showing up on My Disney Experience. I'm just a little leary about showing up and them saying oops, your appointment is at the Magic Kingdom. I just wish they'd send an email...but they said they don't do that until the day before.

Oh well...I'm confident everything is OK. But should I call them back later to confirm?

Doing the happy dance. :cool1: Thought I'd have problems getting a good appointment for DGD on her birthday (Halloween, October 31). Got 9:05 at DTD. Coupled with a late princess lunch at Akershus (2:45), she'll have a magical birthday.

I'm a little nervous about it not showing up on My Disney Experience. I'm just a little leary about showing up and them saying oops, your appointment is at the Magic Kingdom. I just wish they'd send an email...but they said they don't do that until the day before.

Oh well...I'm confident everything is OK. But should I call them back later to confirm?

It will never show up on My Disney Experience, unless they make some modifications to MDE. I put it in "my plans" with the confirmation # to keep track of it. I have never received an email from them to confirm, but maybe that's new? If you are uncertain it is always ok to call & confirm ;)

Ive asked this before but I dont think anyone answered...whats the chance of getting in as a walk in?

I think your chances of being able to do a walk in at the castle is probably zil to none you may have a chance at DTD. When we took my dd for the first time 3 years ago we got there early (it was our arrival day and we were just doing DTD that day) and I was showing her where we would be going that evening for her appt. This was around 10-11 in the morning. They saw us and told me that they could take her right then if we would like. Of course it depends on the time of year you are going. In my case it was super slow Sept. so I think we just got lucky.

it has never been available to pull up online and sadly half of the MDE doesn't work. Most cant add dining to the app, and it's just a huge mess that should've not been launched yet. Maybe some day they will get everything working and will be able to add this too, but till then, it's a huge headache.

I just booked my daugther for this for our trip in August. There was only one time slot available in the castle on the day I wanted, so I took it! She'll be getting hair/makeup at 4 p.m., and then we have dinner at BOG at 7. Seems like that should work well. I'm so excited!

I read something in the FAQ about I need to bring my own brush for her? Is that true? The CM I booked with didn't mention anything about that....

I just booked my daugther for this for our trip in August. There was only one time slot available in the castle on the day I wanted, so I took it! She'll be getting hair/makeup at 4 p.m., and then we have dinner at BOG at 7. Seems like that should work well. I'm so excited!

I read something in the FAQ about I need to bring my own brush for her? Is that true? The CM I booked with didn't mention anything about that....

Yes I was told to bring DD brush to her appt.
What day is your appt? My DD has hers at 3:30 and then we'll go to CRT at 8:40 on 8/7

Yes I was told to bring DD brush to her appt.
What day is your appt? My DD has hers at 3:30 and then we'll go to CRT at 8:40 on 8/7

We're going later in August. Doing BBB and BOG on 8/21.

I haven't told my daughter about this trip yet. She turns 5 a few days before we leave, so my plan is to wait and tell her on her birthday. But its so hard keeping this secret!!!

They always say that, but I have never heard of a person who has had them use it. They have combs that they use.

They always say that, but I have never heard of a person who has had them use it. They have combs that they use.

Yes, this was our experience in June 2012. I had a comb with me just in case but both my son and daughter who had BBB appointments were provided with combs for their use at BBB and we got to bring them home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter