Big FP+ News: Starting 2/19 New DHS Tiers, MFSR FP+ Added, READ POST #1

About 5-10 minutes after I snagged a FP for MFSR (upgraded from Beauty & the Beast), I noticed that while modifying another FP that Smuggler's Run was showing as unavailable for that day. I guess I got in just in the nick of time!

I kept our FP for SDD (I was lucky to score one on "FP day") on our second DHS day, but opted to upgrade Frozen show to ToT for that day.

Now I just need to keep stalking in hopes of moving a 3pm FP for Peter Pan up to 1pm so we can leave the park earlier for a resort break.
If you have a FP booked for a ride, it will always show as unavailable when you try and modify a different FP. Since you cant have 2 FPs for the same ride at once.

In addition to the possibility of MMRR having FPs, the other thing to watch for if you have a trip planned during spring break is the possibility (I think probability) that hours at DHS, and maybe MK and/or DAK will be extended. That would open up more FP opportunities.

Haven't read all the posts so sorry if this has been asked. Seems great that only two options from Tier 1. But wondering how hard it is now to get a FP for MFSM (especially on a short trip)? Guessing this is higher priority for most over Slinky Dog Dash.

Touring Plans has not even caught up yet on their FP+ availability list. They do not even list Smuggler's Run as a FP yet.

They'll need to update their script, and I think they just check the availability once in the overnight hours. So, maybe it will be there tomorrow?

Haven't read all the posts so sorry if this has been asked. Seems great that only two options from Tier 1. But wondering how hard it is now to get a FP for MFSM (especially on a short trip)? Guessing this is higher priority for most over Slinky Dog Dash.
I'm going to guess Slinky will still be the harder to get-the queue is uncovered and nothing interesting going on. And in my opinion, a better ride than MFSR. Although I enjoyed Smuggler's , it was more of a glorified Star Tours, and Slinkyt Dog was so much ore fun, albeit shorter.

Trying to change things for 2/21. Is Alien really fully booked already? Was easily able to change things for another date this week. But this day is giving me issues. Can’t even find a single FP for it.

I'm going to guess Slinky will still be the harder to get-the queue is uncovered and nothing interesting going on. And in my opinion, a better ride than MFSR. Although I enjoyed Smuggler's , it was more of a glorified Star Tours, and Slinkyt Dog was so much ore fun, albeit shorter.

Also, Slinky is fun for everyone, including children and people who have no interest in any kind of simulator or more intense coaster ride. It’s the 7DMT of DHS.

You are not wrong about the comparison, but SDD is older and RoTR is THE attraction in all of WDW.
I think more guests will want to pair RoTR with MFSR. (MFSR standby waits are much longer now than they were before RoTR opened).

I wasn’t planning on getting SDD FP this summer because I’ve done it enough and the family was starting to wonder why we were ignoring other rides like TSMM and ToT.

I for one am feeling a lot better about our trip with this announcement. We will be in Florida in March for our Spring Break, but are only doing one day at WDW to take our three Star Wars obsessed boys to HS. My boys generally don't like big drops or fast coasters, so we are planning to ride RotR, MFSR, TSM, AS2, ST, and MMRR. My oldest son and I plan to do SDD while my wife does something with the younger two. Instead of FPs for TSM, ST, and a throw away FP for an early show, we now have FPs for MFSR, TSM, and AS2 (with the latest at 12:15). If we get a BG for RotR, we can try to rope drop MMRR and would then only have standby waits for ST and (for my son and I) SDD. That feels like a much more relaxing and manageable day than what it would have been otherwise. All of this assumes that RotR stays with BGs and MMRR opens with a regular standby line, though, which means that probably neither of those two things will happen. :)

You are not wrong about the comparison, but SDD is older and RoTR is THE attraction in all of WDW.
I think more guests will want to pair RoTR with MFSR. (MFSR standby waits are much longer now than they were before RoTR opened).

I wasn’t planning on getting SDD FP this summer because I’ve done it enough and the family was starting to wonder why we were ignoring other rides like TSMM and ToT.
You aren't going to be able to pair Smuggler's Run with Rise with FP. Your boarding times for both are almost always are going to be different because of the boarding groups. Before adding FP to Smuggler's run you could pair the two in a reasonable way with standby times consistently running in the hour range.

You aren't going to be able to pair Smuggler's Run with Rise with FP. Your boarding times for both are almost always are going to be different because of the boarding groups. Before adding FP to Smuggler's run you could pair the two in a reasonable way with standby times consistently running in the hour range.
Yes, times will be likely different, I was more thinking, let’s do all Star Wars while we are in the park for RoTR.

I thought 7DMT was a let down while SDD lived up to the hype.

But it is still by far the single hardest to get FP at MK. That’s more what I was getting at. Even when the Tron ride opens, there will still be a lot of people who will prefer 7DMT because the Tron ride will be much more intense.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter