"Birthday" at WDW

StanH

Still here
Ok...We will be at WDW from 12/27 to 1/3/07. My wife's birthday is actually on Feb. 1.............Would it be wrong or in poor taste to tell the WL that we are celebrating her birthday while we are there? Let me throw out some added info, we have school age kids and my wife is a school teacher, so being there for her actual birth date is not an option for us.....

I'm not looking or hoping for any wild bonuses by saying it is her birthday, I am just hoping she might get some extra attention once in a while. She's the best mom ever to our kids, and a man could not ask for a better wife...

You people here at The Dis don't seem to pull any punches, so please let me know if this would be a bad choice.

TIA!!!

I, personally, wouldn't have a problem with it. I'm sure other people have done this before. Besides, it's not like it would really be six months or something until her birthday, just one. I say go for it and have a great trip!

Yeah, I second what she said.

Go for it!

I'm sure she's a great mother and wife, add on that she's a teacher!

Naw, I got no problem with this plan.

As a former Collage Program Cast Memeber from waaaayyyy back, I'd say most staff members would be happy to join in on celebrating, even if it is a little early. ;)

-Jamie

StanH said:
I'm not looking or hoping for any wild bonuses by saying it is her birthday, I am just hoping she might get some extra attention once in a while. She's the best mom ever to our kids, and a man could not ask for a better wife...
That's so sweet! Go for it.

I see no problem with it whats so ever....

We were in Disneyland for my DH's birthday a couple years ago. I asked at the gate on the way in if there was anything special if it was your birthday.
They directed us to customer service, where DH got to listen to a special birthday messege from Goofy on the phone and then he received a birthday sticker to wear for the day. Everyone, especially Cast Members wished him Happy Birthday as we walked by. Other than that, I don't recall any special priviliges. So Id say go for it.

:cool1: GO for it! You can get special B-day buttons at every park and wear them the entire time! I sure did.

This year I am planning on taking Dad to Coral Reef for dinner the day after his 69th. They have a special deal. A scuba diver will come down to the window and hold up a sign saying "happy Birthday" He will also get a personalized menu and dessert. Afterwards the diver comes outta the tank & brings the sign!

Sounds kewl eh? :thumbsup2 OH it is FREE. post if you need the phone # I am too tired to dig it out right now

StanH said:
Ok...We will be at WDW from 12/27 to 1/3/07. My wife's birthday is actually on Feb. 1.............Would it be wrong or in poor taste to tell the WL that we are celebrating her birthday while we are there? Let me throw out some added info, we have school age kids and my wife is a school teacher, so being there for her actual birth date is not an option for us.....

You people here at The Dis don't seem to pull any punches, so please let me know if this would be a bad choice.

TIA!!!

We just got back from WDW. We were there Nov. 4th - Nov. 11th. While there, we celebrated my birthday which was Nov. 1st. We went to guest services at Downtown Disney to purchase our Annual Passes where I was given a Happy Birthday button. They even put my name on it. While wearing it, I had several cast members wish me Happy Birthday. At MGM Studios, several castmembers got together & sang me "Happy Birthday". There were other special moments. It was a very memorable birthday. I had a completely wonderful and magical filled with pixie dust.

I'm in the same situation... we'll be at WDW Feb 3-10 hubby's 40th is in the 26th and I would love to do something special but I don't want to embarass him too much. :blush: My b-day is the 24th but there is no need to discuss the number that goes along with the date... :rotfl2: We're staying off site at my DSIL's timeshare so I can't do a wake up call. Originally I was thinking about surprising him at The Hoop De Doo Review but the more I think about it maybe I can surprise him at Chef Mickey's where we are having friends and family join us for dinner that night... hmmm I think I like that idea!!! :thumbsup2
Does anyone know how far in advance you have to notify the restaurants of a birthday or if there is a charge? Ohhhh I'm feeling sooooo sneaky! :rolleyes1 I love it!!!

Sounds like most of ya'll have done this for adult birthdays? We will be there Dec. 16-22 and my DD will be turning 10 on Dec. 30th. I thought it might be a "faux-paux" to do the birthday thing while there (and not sure DD would go for it?). However after reading ya'll's posts, I am thinking, why not celebrate it?
I really like the Coral Reef idea do you have to call the Coral Reef directly for that or just tell reservations?
What do ya'll think? :confused3

Livin'4Disney said:
Sounds like most of ya'll have done this for adult birthdays? We will be there Dec. 16-22 and my DD will be turning 10 on Dec. 30th. I thought it might be a "faux-paux" to do the birthday thing while there (and not sure DD would go for it?). However after reading ya'll's posts, I am thinking, why not celebrate it?
I really like the Coral Reef idea do you have to call the Coral Reef directly for that or just tell reservations?
I say do it! :wizard:

Livin'4Disney said:

I called them directly yesterday and they were SO PLEASED to chat with me.

Phone # 407-560-6636​

I had to leave a message but they called me back within 15 minutes.

Whenever you call for any of you ressies let them know it is a B-Day and you might find a card from the charaters (sp) They don't care how many you say it for! If you have already made them, just call back :thumbsup2

Toll free # you can use for everything (except the special Coral Reef thing) even hotel ressies
1-800-828-0228​

Glad to see this thread -- My b'day is today, and we don't get to WDW until Sat because of school, but it's my b'day trip. So, I guess I will see about getting a button one day. Sounds like fun! I went on a cruise a couple of years ago, and a whole lot of birthdays mysteriously seemed to happen on the last night -- and it was really the birthday for one of the men at my table -- it almost spoiled it for him a little bit.

Sounds like she deserves it and you're great to want to recognize it!!!

We went this summer and it was about 2 weeks from my daughter's birthday. They asked me at Chef Mickey's if we were celebrating anything..I told them exactly when her birthday was and they insisted we celebrate....so they definitly don't mind.

No it would be great! People do this all the time because in the real world how many people get to go disney on their actual birthdays? Have a great time and don't worry about what anyone else may think. Happy Disney Birthday!

Donald - my hero said:
I called them directly yesterday and they were SO PLEASED to chat with me.

Phone # 407-560-6636​

I had to leave a message but they called me back within 15 minutes.

Whenever you call for any of you ressies let them know it is a B-Day and you might find a card from the charaters (sp) They don't care how many you say it for! If you have already made them, just call back :thumbsup2

Toll free # you can use for everything (except the special Coral Reef thing) even hotel ressies
1-800-828-0228​

My son is having his actual 5th Birthday while at WDW (how cool is that!!) When I made our DVC reservations, I said it was his B-Day.

But is this phone # and call something different? No one mentioned that he might receive a card ............

Donald - my hero said:
:cool1: GO for it! You can get special B-day buttons at every park and wear them the entire time! I sure did.

Just a heads up, now they give only 1 button (the same for every park) so don't waste your time going to each park for a different button.

I am on the Go For It team. :)

My bestfriend and I are going in September and will be celebrating the both of us turning 30. Neither of our birthdays are in September but it it in the middle of both of our birthdays. :)

Go for it! Last year, we arrived one day after my DH 30th b-day. I got him a pin to wear and he got lots of attention. I enjoyed telling everyone that mentioned it that he was celebrating 30, he was really dreading it.

I plan on doing the same for me and the kiddos some day. My bday is 3-3, DS is 3-12, and DD is 3-13. We may be able to get mine or just the kids, but not all three. However, I plan to tell them that we are all 3 celebrating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter