Birthday Party for One Year Old

Maybe not a room, but is there a common area people could gather? I mean what are we talking, maybe 30 minutes?

30 minutes for a “birthday party”? Maybe if it was the parents & 1 set of grands. Add at least an hour for anything with 11 adults & other kids. Probably more.

Anywhere the OP has it in Disney, they will pay. If they want a private space, they will pay a premium. An ADR might be hard to get for that many people. But will at least be regular Disney price.

What is a pax?
I think it is people.

When I worked at the airport, this is the abbreviation used for passengers, but it doesn’t fit, or at least I hope not. :tongue:

That's exactly what it is, passenger! Our head counts for paperwork was always in PAX.

OP, I am with others and just go to a restaurant and have a table for 16.

I love the YC, it is actually my favorite resort on property, but that isn't the most geared towards kids. I am sure they have something but for a $$$$$ substantial cost.

30 minutes for a “birthday party”? Maybe if it was the parents & 1 set of grands. Add at least an hour for anything with 11 adults & other kids. Probably more.
I was thinking more the "important stuff"... birthday cake/singing happy birthday really wouldn't take that long for a 1 year old.
Anywhere the OP has it in Disney, they will pay. If they want a private space, they will pay a premium. An ADR might be hard to get for that many people. But will at least be regular Disney price.
Who says it has to be private? Basically all you're looking for is an area for people to gather and talk.

I was thinking more the "important stuff"... birthday cake/singing happy birthday really wouldn't take that long for a 1 year old.

Who says it has to be private? Basically all you're looking for is an area for people to gather and talk.

That’s not what most people think of for a birthday party. People are thinking singing, cake & gifts. Not something most people think of doing with strangers sitting amongst them or coming & going in the middle of their group. The only public places people I know go to for birthday parties are places that are specifically set up for them. Places like Chuck E Cheese, a roller rink or bowling alley. Not sitting in a hotel lobby, garden or sitting area.

But if that’s what you & the OP consider a special birthday event for your kids 1st birthday, you do you boo.

That’s not what most people think of for a birthday party. People are thinking singing, cake & gifts. Not something most people think of doing with strangers sitting amongst them or coming & going in the middle of their group. The only public places people I know go to for birthday parties are places that are specifically set up for them. Places like Chuck E Cheese, a roller rink or bowling alley. Not sitting in a hotel lobby, garden or sitting area.

But if that’s what you & the OP consider a special birthday event for your kids 1st birthday, you do you boo.
Totally agree! I guess we may be the minority, but I don't feel like I'm entitled to commandeer a public space for a large group gathering/party.

My son’s first birthday was at a park. We had all his cousins and one of my friends. I wanted to let him open gifts at home but my husband was against that. There were so many gifts because we come from big families.
We did something similar for the 1st birthday for our oldest (summer baby). At the time we lived in a small one bedroom and den condo and barely had enough room for the 3 of us on a patio. So we rented a picnic shelter at a local park and had her first birthday party there, had about 30 people in attendance. By the time our youngest turned 1 we had sold the condo and purchased a 3 bed townhouse. We had her party there as it was November so outside wasn't an option (though we had a huge covered patio which we utilized). Think we had closer to 20 guests at that party. Was kind of an end of year party as well as we had just purchased our current house and we closed on it 5 weeks later. My point is, have the party you want for YOUR child. Small, large. Whatever.

Who said it would be my preference? DD's 16th birthday party was in a hotel lobby where anyone could walk through. We were travelling with her soccer team and after the games on one day, we brought in food and drink and she had fun with her teammates.

Sometimes you have to make do with what you have access to. OP still hasn't said if they have transportation (other than Disney) for everyone, so we don't know if off site is an option.

Who said it would be my preference? DD's 16th birthday party was in a hotel lobby where anyone could walk through. We were travelling with her soccer team and after the games on one day, we brought in food and drink and she had fun with her teammates.

Sometimes you have to make do with what you have access to. OP still hasn't said if they have transportation (other than Disney) for everyone, so we don't know if off site is an option.
This is exactly the type of thing some of us are bristling at. We spend a nice chunk of change on our deluxe resort stays and we enjoy the common spaces that we pay to share there. A soccer team celebrating a birthday party in the Yacht Club lobby would honestly tick me off.

None of us can say what the OP prefers, because they didn't say their preference. However, I don't think a 30 min "birthday party" in the resort lobby or common space would be an appropriate option either. That's just me though, If I can't find a proper place for it, I just won't do it at all.

This is exactly the type of thing some of us are bristling at. We spend a nice chunk of change on our deluxe resort stays and we enjoy the common spaces that we pay to share there. A soccer team celebrating a birthday party in the Yacht Club lobby would honestly tick me off.
Oh good night. I never said DD's birthday party was in the YC lobby. I was giving an example of using what's available. A 1st birthday party is a LOT different than a teenagers. Let's be honest, a 1st birthday party is basically a chance for adults to get together and talk. The "birthday" part of it is very small.

None of us can say what the OP prefers, because they didn't say their preference. However, I don't think a 30 min "birthday party" in the resort lobby or common space would be an appropriate option either. That's just me though, If I can't find a proper place for it, I just won't do it at all.
And that's an option the OP has. If you go back and read my posts in this thread, I suggested finding a public park. And, I suggested ASKING the YC if it would be ok to have a get together.

Oh good night. I never said DD's birthday party was in the YC lobby. I was giving an example of using what's available. A 1st birthday party is a LOT different than a teenagers. Let's be honest, a 1st birthday party is basically a chance for adults to get together and talk. The "birthday" part of it is very small.
The OP, the one asking about birthday party options, is staying at YC. Keep up!
I understood your "example" just fine.

The OP, the one asking about birthday party options, is staying at YC. Keep up!
I understood your "example" just fine.
Wasn't sure based on your response. Again, just in case you're not "keeping up", we're NOT talking about a soccer team. We're talking about a handful of kids (most toddlers) and some adults.

And that's an option the OP has. If you go back and read my posts in this thread, I suggested finding a public park. And, I suggested ASKING the YC if it would be ok to have a get together.
Yeah I get the asking part, and you're trying to come up with options for the OP. But still, having it in the common space inside the resort for even 30 mins is not appropriate in my opinion.

https://parksguidance.com/blue-spring-state-park-guide/

If transportation isn't an issue, this would be a great place for a family get-together. There are picnic tables, open grassy areas, swing sets, a lovely boardwalk overlooking the spring where you can see all sorts of fish and manatee during the right seasons. Bring lunch, cake, etc and have a relaxing afternoon (and if you don't have a vehicle, maybe you could rent a minivan from Alamo at the CCC for the day).

I always get a kick out of birthday parties for a 1 year old. For sure I remember myself and my wife getting all excited about having the party even though the guest of honor doesn't have a clue nor will have any memory of it an hour after the party breaks up. It's more of a point of congratulations that, as parents, we made it through one year without any child abuse or hospitalization for sleep deprivation or mental illness or both.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter