Boardwalk VS YC/BC???

kandb

DIS Veteran
We have stayed at both the YC/BC and do really love the resort and the recreation they offer. We were thinking of trying the Boardwalk Inn, just to try it. I just don't know why anyone would pick the Boardwalk Inn over the BC/YC. For the BW Inn fans, what do you think is better with that resort than the YC/BC? PS-We are not scared of clowns. lol

I just wrote a post about the Yacht Club and how nice it is now that it has been renovated. I do like the Boardwalk Inn and it is a fun place to stay. Honestly you can't go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts - I think they are all the same quality - it's more about what theme you like better. The Boardwalk Inn is more crowded/lively in the evenings as opposed to the Yacht Club with all the restaurants/club/bars/shopping.

I really prefer BWI to BC/YC, for a number of reasons: pool is signicantly less crowded. Resort, overall, feels less crowded. All BWI rooms have a full balcony. QS food is better (boardwalk bakery, etc) and nicer restaurants on site (Flying Fish and Trattoria). Easier path to Hollywood Studios. Great views of EP fireworks from many rooms. My kids actually like the slide and pool better than Stormalong Bay because you don't have to leave the pool area to get in line for the slide, and I like it because I can see where they are at all times while lounging at the pool. My kids love the Community Hall (games like billiards and corn hole etc). The giant porch off the lobby is so peaceful early in the morning. That said, we're staying at BC this fall because I couldn't get a good deal at BWI, but I wish we could stay at BWI.

We like them all but prefer YC/BC (we take whichever we can get a lower rate for) we much prefer the pool as well as the TS options, and the pool bar is significantly better at YC/BC as well. We also love the recent updates to the rooms at YC.

I really prefer BWI to BC/YC, for a number of reasons: pool is signicantly less crowded. Resort, overall, feels less crowded. All BWI rooms have a full balcony. QS food is better (boardwalk bakery, etc) and nicer restaurants on site (Flying Fish and Trattoria). Easier path to Hollywood Studios. Great views of EP fireworks from many rooms. My kids actually like the slide and pool better than Stormalong Bay because you don't have to leave the pool area to get in line for the slide, and I like it because I can see where they are at all times while lounging at the pool. My kids love the Community Hall (games like billiards and corn hole etc). The giant porch off the lobby is so peaceful early in the morning. That said, we're staying at BC this fall because I couldn't get a good deal at BWI, but I wish we could stay at BWI.

Yes to all this! We’re staying at BC in May, but only because I couldn’t get a deal for BW. The guaranteed balcony is a huge plus, and the kids love the BW pool. I’m sure they’ll love SAB, but there is something nice and central about the BW pool. The whole place has a fun vibe.

I prefer the boardwalk for all of these reasons plus the Belle Vue Lounge. my husband and I like to end our Disney days with a drink sitting on the balcony (if possible) -talk about the day, plans for the next day and life in general.

Last edited:
Wow, maybe I should change our YC to BWI??? We have never stayed at BWI and maybe we should try it out. Thanks for all the input.

Although my DH prefers BC for the easy Epcot access, there is something to be said for BWI’s pool. While it is not as elaborate as SAB, there is more space to just swim if you are not into the lazy river and the other features. The pool is also less crowded and if you have a young child, you can see them much more easily, especially near the slide. Clowns don’t freak me out either. Finally, the pool bartender makes a nice mojito.

I like both resorts a lot and tend to go with whichever one has the lowest rate.

The one thing I really love about Boardwalk though is how whimsical the resort decor is.... which feels a bit more 'Disney' to me. I also like that Boardwalk has a play ground - although there is no shade.

I've stayed at BC before and we absolutely LOVED it. It was always on my bucket list and it certainly lived up to my expectations.

Next trip DD12 and I are doing a trip together. We are doing two nights at POFQ and then trying out BWV for seven nights on rented points. I picked BWV because we absolutely fell in love with the Epcot resort and it was cheaper than BC.

I think I'll miss the BC but I'm very excited to try out BWV. DD is a huge pool kid so I'm excited to see her try out the clown slide.

Just ended a stay at BC ... our first. We could not get a room at BWI where we have stayed every year for the last ten. The BC was nice but I sorely missed theNoardwalk! BC/YV seemed so spread out and we did a lot of walking just from place to place in the resort.
The pool was a pain ... because it is apparently popular you have to show your band to the gatekeepers every time you leave for any reason and the entrances and exits are spread out making it hard to even figure out how to get in! We ended up at the quiet pool at the other end if the resort.

We’re hoping we can get back to BEI next year!

I prefer the boardwalk by a wide margin. I love the music, the decor, the colors, the entertainment, the food, the aesthetics, the rooms, and the service.

Wow, I can't believe how many prefer the BWI over the BC/YC. I really want to try it and am thinking of switching but just want to ask 2 questions. 1)Are the rooms in good condition? Have they been updated recently? 2)My husband works out and goes to the health spa daily. Is it as good as the BC/YC? Thanks for the input.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter