Boardwalk VS YC/BC???

Wow, I can't believe how many prefer the BWI over the BC/YC. I really want to try it and am thinking of switching but just want to ask 2 questions. 1)Are the rooms in good condition? Have they been updated recently? 2)My husband works out and goes to the health spa daily. Is it as good as the BC/YC? Thanks for the input.

1. In our opinion, yes. The last update completed in Summer 2016.
2. In my opinion, yes.

BWI rooms have more theming than the BC and YC rooms, both of which had the in-room theming severely toned down during their last refurb. Depending on your preferences, this could be a plus or a minus for you.

only stayed at bc which we love but bwv is on my to do list. both seem to have plus points. to be honest the two biggest draws of these resorts for me are the boardwalk area and the proximity to epcot and there isnt much between the two on that front. i do love stormalong bay but do see that its less relaxing as the kids can be all over the place.

I think most of the hype regarding the Beach Club is due to Stormalong Bay. The resort itself held little appeal for us; the main selling point being the side exit to access the IG quickly. I remember looking across the lake and wishing we were staying at BWI instead. And in May we will be; can't wait!

I really prefer BWI to BC/YC, for a number of reasons: pool is signicantly less crowded. Resort, overall, feels less crowded. All BWI rooms have a full balcony. QS food is better (boardwalk bakery, etc) and nicer restaurants on site (Flying Fish and Trattoria). Easier path to Hollywood Studios. Great views of EP fireworks from many rooms. My kids actually like the slide and pool better than Stormalong Bay because you don't have to leave the pool area to get in line for the slide, and I like it because I can see where they are at all times while lounging at the pool. My kids love the Community Hall (games like billiards and corn hole etc). The giant porch off the lobby is so peaceful early in the morning. That said, we're staying at BC this fall because I couldn't get a good deal at BWI, but I wish we could stay at BWI.

Another vote for the BWI for all of the reasons listed above. If you look at the layout, a lot of the rooms have views of courtyards, quiet pool, or fountain. Very peaceful. DW and I love the BWI and the Boardwalk area. We stayed there many times over the years and still consider it "home".

I grew up staying at the BC and YC as a kid; however, I am now a DVC member at BW and I love the BW. I like it for most of the same responses that others have provided, but the resort is the best situated of all the Epcot resorts because it is the closest to HS and only a 10 minute walk or less to HS. It's just something about starting the day to Epcot by taking a quick stroll on the boardwalk to get to the park. I'm about to have a little girl and I would prefer the pool at the BW for smaller kids as it would be easier to keep an eye on them. We also usually go over the holidays, so to us, a pool is not a huge deal. You can't go wrong with any of the Epcot resorts, but if you haven't stayed at the BW before, then I would suggest giving it a try.

We're planning a stay in September for F&W and will be staying at one of these resorts (YC/BC/BWI), depending on which one I can get the best deal for. How is the walk to Epcot from these 3 resorts? That will be a huge factor in the decision as well. I don't know that we will spend much time at the pool; but having a balcony would be something else to factor in. We currently have a room at WL, but are looking to change resorts.

We loved our stay at the BWI, but now are considering staying at YC. YC was just renovated, and it is cheaper at least rack rates before discounts are released. I cannot figure out why YC/BC are cheaper than BWI. All seem to have the same rooms essentially. Layout, size, etc. I guess Disney thinks, monetarily, that BWI is 7% better than YC/BC, on average.

We're planning a stay in September for F&W and will be staying at one of these resorts (YC/BC/BWI), depending on which one I can get the best deal for. How is the walk to Epcot from these 3 resorts? That will be a huge factor in the decision as well. I don't know that we will spend much time at the pool; but having a balcony would be something else to factor in. We currently have a room at WL, but are looking to change resorts.
The walk from BC to Epcot is about 5 minutes. The walk from YC to Epcot is about 10 minutes. The walk from BW to Epcot is 10-12 minutes. Honestly, there really isn’t much difference in the walk.

We have stayed at BWV twice and BWI CL most recently. The room at BWI CL was so nice we don't know if we are now spoiled forever. Secluded deck overlooking the Boardwalk was fabulous. We have YC waterview booked for May since a better rate than BWI standard and haven't been to YC in 20 years! If we could guarantee BW view with a BW CL Standard res. we would probably change to BWI though.

Wow, I can't believe how many prefer the BWI over the BC/YC. I really want to try it and am thinking of switching but just want to ask 2 questions. 1)Are the rooms in good condition? Have they been updated recently? 2)My husband works out and goes to the health spa daily. Is it as good as the BC/YC? Thanks for the input.

1. The DVC rooms were all refurbed. I would think that the rest of the resort was as well - but I don't know ;)
2. The gym is on the small side but full of a lot of machines & exercise equipment. It is never crowded when I am there. Members of my family use it and are content.

I've never been tot he BC\YC gym so I can't compare the two - I can confirm that I do more than enough cardio on my vacation to not need the gym!!! ;)

We have never stayed at YC, but we have stayed at BC and Boardwalk. The only thing I didn't like about the Boardwalk was our long walk back to our room. After being at the park all day, the walk down that never ending hallway just about did me in every night! We are a family of five, and our room at the Boardwalk seemed liked the largest of any room we have stayed in on-site. I really enjoyed our room once we got to it! Haha!

We really enjoyed the pool area at the BC. Once again room placement for us was a little off. The first time we were on the 1st floor and our patio was completely engulfed in shrubs. We literally felt like we were sitting in dense vegetation with no view when we went out there. The second time we stayed there, we had a "water" view room. We laughed because it was a second story room with the balcony that is really only big enough for two people to stand on. You had to lean way over and strain your neck to the right to see just a corner of the pool. Luckily, the room was considered a "free" upgrade, or I would have been upset if we had been paying for a water view.

All in all, they are all wonderful resorts with the ability to get to Epcot and Hollywood Studios easily. Being able to stroll the boardwalk and tour all the resorts in that area is fun too! You are going to have a great time!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter