boat to Fort Wilderness

TripletDad

Mouseketeer
We are toying eith iedea of not getting a rental car for the whole time we are WDW. We reservations for the HOOP DEE DOO for 5pm. We are staying at the Contemporary. Is the boat the best way to get there? Does the boat run right from the CR? How offten does the boat run and how long of trip is it? Is Pioner Hall very far from the boat dock. Thanks

TripletDad. :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

The boat is definitely the best way for you to get to Fort Wilderness. It isn't a long boat ride, maybe 5 minutes, or a little over. Once you get off at the boat dock, Pioneer Hall is about a two-to-three minute walk. The boats run pretty consistently. We've stayed at FW and WL, which also is on the boat loop, and the longest we probably ever waited for a boat was 10 minutes.

From Cont do not even consider driving to FW. If you drove you would have park at the south end of FW and then take a bus to the north end where Pioneer hall is (about 1 1/2 miles). Boat from Cont to FW leaves you off at FW dock which is in the same area as Pioneer Hall.

I realize this is off topic but I'm going to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Is that close to Pioneer Hall? Would I be better off parking at the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge and then taking the boat rather than trying to park at Fort Wilderness and walk?

Or, how far a walk is it from Wilderness Lodge to the area in Fort Wilderness where the BBQ is?

Thanks!

Brenda

Originally posted by JC Butterfly
I realize this is off topic but I'm going to Mickey's Backyard BBQ. Is that close to Pioneer Hall? Would I be better off parking at the Contemporary or Wilderness Lodge and then taking the boat rather than trying to park at Fort Wilderness and walk?

Or, how far a walk is it from Wilderness Lodge to the area in Fort Wilderness where the BBQ is?

Thanks!

Brenda

You can't get there by walking.

If you park at Fort Wilderness, take the SETTLEMENT ORANGE bus. Let the driver know where you are going, and he/she will let you know what stop to get out at. To return to your car, take the OUTPOST ORANGE bus.

If you are at the Wilderness Lodge, take the FORT WILDERNESS bus. Let the driver know where you are going, and he/she will let you know what stop to get out at. To return, take the SETTLEMENT ORANGE bus.

If you take the boat to Fort Wilderness, take the OUTPOST ORANGE bus. Let the driver know where you are going, and he/she will let you know what stop to get out at. To return, take the SETTLEMENT ORANGE bus.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter