BOG or Ohana dinner

JasonV

Earning My Ears
Hard to gauge all the recent reviews for each of these...

What would your preference be given that we are paying out of pocket?

I agree with the PP and would choose Ohana. We really liked our food there and nothing on the BOG menu appeals to me.

‘Ohana. This is our favorite and, as others have said, nothing on the BOG menu is appetizing to us.

I seem to be in the minority, but we would choose BOG. We did Ohana dinner back in October and were underwhelmed. Everything about it was fine, but there was nothing outstanding that had us wanting to run back on our next trip. It was also very loud. We didn't care much for Ohana breakfast, either.

'Ohana is terrible, unless you really love cheap cuts of tough, underseasoned beef and freezer section Asian style appetizers.

This is the one restaurant we have been to in the last five years at WDW that we said we would never return to.

Ohana.

People seem to love to dump on it, but I had a good time with good food. The servers were fantastic and I have zero complaints.

BOG is good, but the dinner service just doesn't appeal to me. Lunch is fine, and I usually choose it instead.

'Ohana is terrible, unless you really love cheap cuts of tough, underseasoned beef and freezer section Asian style appetizers.

This is the one restaurant we have been to in the last five years at WDW that we said we would never return to.
I could have written this myself. For the price they charger, Ohana is the biggest rip off. The food is NOT GOOD at all. Very poor quality...tough meat, slimy wings, dry potstickers, flavorless noodles. No thank you! Had i not been on the dining plan, i wouldve been ticked off paying that much. I'd go with BOG without a doubt.

I prefer O’hana. The last visit was our worse experience. They stuck us in the corner table, which admittedly had the best view of the fireworks in the entire restaurant.

Unfortunately, I feel like we weren’t getting waited on as much as we normally did. The food was still good though.

However, my sister went last year and said O’hana was her least favorite restaurant. I was like, “Who is this person I grew up with?” Lol. So different tastes for everyone I suppose.

Definitely Ohana! It’s one of our favorite WDW restaurants. We’ve always had a wonderful experience with delicious food there!

If I had to pick it would be Ohana as I don’t care for BOG food. Ohana was just ok though. Pot stickers and noodles tasted odd. First round of chicken skewers was guureat! Nice & juicy. Second round was meh...very dried out. Next time I would ask for a better knife to cut that steak. Dessert was good. It is super expensive if paying of pocket (which we did) to be not that great of a meal and have no characters.

Hard to gauge all the recent reviews for each of these...

What would your preference be given that we are paying out of pocket?
Reviews are opinions, not facts. Each restaurant have good and bad reviews, but patterns over time should not be ignored. Disney is defined by ever changing population of guest too. Personally, even considering resort prices we find both of these restaurant to be over priced. Also, we have dined at Disney over the years, so we also have seen the changes and downgrading from the days prior to dining plans. Overall, we haven't dined a Ohana for dinner for many years due to food and service. Your seating area may also impact your experience as some are very generic if you are seated behind the grill area near the PR Lounge area. As far as Ohana we only there for breakfast these days, but is more about the atmosphere, characters and experience as members of the family like it.

In my opinion, BOG is popular for its theme and atmosphere too, but I would also consider people love the food too. We dined at BOG last time on Christmas Eve and a lunch later in the week. For it being designated a signature, it comes up short in service, table setting, menu and food quality, so in my opinion its more about the demand to experience the theme/atmosphere elevating its status and price. People are willing to pay the price to see and experience the dining theme...see the Beast and get a picture with him. That is nice and the décor is very appealing. Our preference would be to save the money or dine at another TS in either GF or CR, but if food is not the focus, then select the theme/atmosphere you find more appealing (longhouse vs castle).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter