Bonnet Creek

LuvDisney09

Mouseketeer
Will be staying at Bonnet Creek for the first time in Sept can't wait we have heard a lot of good things. Does anyone have suggestions for a room request we would like to be near the kiddie pool and have a fireworks view what building should I request? Thanks

I don't know about the kiddie pool, but we stayed in building 5 and had very good views of the fireworks from both MK and Epcot (the higher the floor the better). My daugher stayed in building 1 last month on her honeymoon and said the fireworks weren't as good from there (and could only see one of the parks).

Our friends just returned from BC. They were in Building 3 and had a nice view of fireworks. This was the first time they have stayed offsite (after 10 years onsite). They loved BC! They said the hotel was first class and they had tons of amenities. So, have fun.

I am very glad to hear that we usually stay onsite but recently bought into the Wyndham timeshare so we decided to try Bonnet Creek. I am sure we will love it. Thanks for the info.
:)

We are at Bonnet Creek now and I don't know which number we are but it's the Torre de la Tierra building. It's right next to the main building (Puerto deLeon) in which the kiddie pool is located. There may be units in the main building but I'm not sure.

I don't know about the kiddie pool, but we stayed in building 5 and had very good views of the fireworks from both MK and Epcot (the higher the floor the better). My daugher stayed in building 1 last month on her honeymoon and said the fireworks weren't as good from there (and could only see one of the parks).

I am here right now, bldg 5 (actually the front says 9500). We are on the 14th floor and from our room, we can see the fireworks at the MK, EPCOT & tonight we saw some that were from SeaWorld! Our view is awesome!

I am here right now, bldg 5 (actually the front says 9500). We are on the 14th floor and from our room, we can see the fireworks at the MK, EPCOT & tonight we saw some that were from SeaWorld! Our view is awesome!

Does building 5 have the new lazy river?

I forgot to mention, I am renting from an owner & here two mornings. So far & have gotten 3 calls (one yesterday & 2 today!) from member services to take a tour. I told them each time I was not interested. On the 2nd call today (45 minutes after the 1st), I got nasty and told them to leave me alone that I was on vacation & had no intentions of purchasing from them & that they were not to call me again. I did not like their high pressure tactics. So we will see if I get one tomorrow... Oh, and they even had a message on our room phone, plus they tried when I went to get my parking permit.. they are not taking no for an answer....:mad: That really makes a total of 5 attempts from them to get me to go...... all this since Sunday about 6pm to today (Tuesday) 9:35am, the time of the last phone call. Slightly pushy I would say!

This is the only draw back to this place so far.. they don't know when to stop. If they really wanted to intice someone, they need to listen to them and back off when the guest tells them too.. had I even remotely considered taking the tour, their high pressure turned me off for sure!

Mickey Fan thanks for letting me know which building has the new lazy river.

Also, I've read on other posts that people just unplug the phone. That's what I plan on doing as soon as we get checked in. We'll be there Sunday.

I forgot to mention, I am renting from an owner & here two mornings. So far & have gotten 3 calls (one yesterday & 2 today!) from member services to take a tour. I told them each time I was not interested. On the 2nd call today (45 minutes after the 1st), I got nasty and told them to leave me alone that I was on vacation & had no intentions of purchasing from them & that they were not to call me again. I did not like their high pressure tactics. So we will see if I get one tomorrow... Oh, and they even had a message on our room phone, plus they tried when I went to get my parking permit.. they are not taking no for an answer....:mad: That really makes a total of 5 attempts from them to get me to go...... all this since Sunday about 6pm to today (Tuesday) 9:35am, the time of the last phone call. Slightly pushy I would say!

This is the only draw back to this place so far.. they don't know when to stop. If they really wanted to intice someone, they need to listen to them and back off when the guest tells them too.. had I even remotely considered taking the tour, their high pressure turned me off for sure!

I am renting from an owner also and I have been here since Saturday and no one has contacted me about doing a tour. I am definitely not interested in buying from the high priced developer. Also I was very surprised during checkin when they didn't even ask for a credit card because they usually do but she just wanted my driver license.

I am renting from an owner also and I have been here since Saturday and no one has contacted me about doing a tour. I am definitely not interested in buying from the high priced developer. Also I was very surprised during checkin when they didn't even ask for a credit card because they usually do but she just wanted my driver license.

I am also renting from an owner, Ken Price, vacationupgrades.com. I called last week to see if they require a deposit upon check in. They told me they do and they put a $100.00 hold on your card. I need to know because we don't use credit and and I need to know what's going on with my debit card.

Of course we don't check in till Sun.

We don't answer the phone. There's no reason to. Give your family & friends your cell #, there's no reason why anyone would need to call you on your villa phone. We stayed there 12 nights last June, and only got asked about the timeshare tour at the desk giving out the parking passes (and she easily took "no" for an answer) and one phone call.

I was there this past December, and nobody ever called us (at least not while we were in the room, and there were no messages left). They didn't even mention it during check-in (which is what I thought was coming when they sent me over to the other desk to get my parking pass). I assumed it was because I was renting through an owner, but that might not have been it.

Well I called today and put in my room request so we will see what happens. Thanks to all for your help.
Thanks for the heads up on the phone calls we may be disconnecting our phones :)
Hope you all enjoy and are enjoying your vacations.

I am also renting from an owner, Ken Price, vacationupgrades.com. I called last week to see if they require a deposit upon check in. They told me they do and they put a $100.00 hold on your card. I need to know because we don't use credit and and I need to know what's going on with my debit card.

Of course we don't check in till Sun.

The owner I rented from told me to be prepared to give a credit card for a deposit but I was totally surprised when she didn't ask. I don't have any idea why she didn't.

I think they finally got the message at Member Services not to call me anymore, I didn't get a call this morning! Had I thought of it, I would have taken the phone off the hook!!!!

As far as the $100 deposit, what they did was ask for a creidt card to put a hold of $100 on it in the event I were to charge anything, just like many hotels do. It wasn't a deposit, but only a hold.. and nearly every hotel/resort I have stayed at does do that. They ranged from as low as $25 to a high of $300

The staff here are very nice, other than Member Services..

I've stayed at BC the last four visits and love the resort. We are Wyndham owners and bought all of our points through resale. I always make our reservations several months out through the Wyndham website. We've been lucky a couple of times with getting good rooms with views, but not so lucky the other times. How are you guys requesting specific rooms/bldgs? Are you calling the resort directly, or are you calling Wyndham? And how far out are you calling? I was under the impression you had to be at VIP level to request specific rooms, and we are not VIP. Any advice would be appreciated, as I'd love to have a nice view for our trip this December.

I've stayed at BC the last four visits and love the resort. We are Wyndham owners and bought all of our points through resale. I always make our reservations several months out through the Wyndham website. We've been lucky a couple of times with getting good rooms with views, but not so lucky the other times. How are you guys requesting specific rooms/bldgs? Are you calling the resort directly, or are you calling Wyndham? And how far out are you calling? I was under the impression you had to be at VIP level to request specific rooms, and we are not VIP. Any advice would be appreciated, as I'd love to have a nice view for our trip this December.

In my case, I called a week ahead of time and then called back the day before arrival. I called the resort directly (the number was on my confirmation).

I think the owner I rented through (ebay) was a VIP member, so that may have had something to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter