Bonnet Creek

Are there alternative booking sites/agencies that would not have this possibility? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

We are working with Ken Price at vacationupgrades.com and he has been wonderful! We paid a deposit with the balance due 45 days prior.

Have a great trip!

disneyagogo

We are working with Ken Price at vacationupgrades.com and he has been wonderful! We paid a deposit with the balance due 45 days prior.

Have a great trip!

disneyagogo

I'll 2nd the recommendation for booking with Ken Price. This trip in Nov will be our 3rd time booking with him...he is great!

it had the following language in the terms and conditions section:
I'm guessing this is boilerplate language for all the Wyndham timeshare resorts. In some older resorts, some owners own specific weeks at specific units, and so folks with "straddled" reservations placed in such a unit would have to move.

Bonnet Creek has no fixed-unit ownerships; it's all undivided interest. It should not be a problem here. By all accounts BC is very good about not moving people who straddle "normal" check-in/check-out days.

We've been looking at Bonnet Creek for our upcoming trip in early December (yay!). I was checking rates on their site and it had the following language in the terms and conditions section:

"Your credit card will be charged the total cost of your reservation at time of booking. No reservation is guaranteed until full payment is received.
In order to accommodate both resort owners and daily guests at this resort, it may be necessary to make a room change during a guest stay. We will do everything possible to avoid this unlikely event, however, should the need arise to change a guest’s room, they will be advised at the time of check-in."

While I certainly understand that owners should take priority, I have never stayed anywhere that said they might change my room mid-trip and that I wouldn't find out until check-in! To have to pack everything up and move to a different room does not sound like a fun vacation adventure. I've heard so many great things about this place but am now really put off by this statement. I totally appreciate the upfront disclosure, but am not sure it's worth the small chance. Has anyone run across this? Are there alternative booking sites/agencies that would not have this possibility? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

I am a Wyndham owner and often times when I book reservations through the Wyndham website there is a note that the reservation I'm booking involves combining two separate reservations "which may result in a room change" (i.e. if I'm booking a room for the 17th-24th, they may need to split it into one reservation for 17th-20th and another for 21st-24th...this is due to availability). I've stayed at BC 5 times in the past couple of years and have never had to end up changing rooms mid stay. For our upcoming Dec stay, I called guest services at BC to request a fireworks view and while I was speaking to the representative they went ahead and combined my separate reservations into one, ensuring that we will not have to move this time either.

I am a Wyndham owner and often times when I book reservations through the Wyndham website there is a note that the reservation I'm booking involves combining two separate reservations "which may result in a room change" (i.e. if I'm booking a room for the 17th-24th, they may need to split it into one reservation for 17th-20th and another for 21st-24th...this is due to availability). I've stayed at BC 5 times in the past couple of years and have never had to end up changing rooms mid stay. For our upcoming Dec stay, I called guest services at BC to request a fireworks view and while I was speaking to the representative they went ahead and combined my separate reservations into one, ensuring that we will not have to move this time either.

When we stayed there Christmas week 2008, I rented through an owner too (through ebay). He had to set our reservation up as two reservations. We had no problems and didn't have to change rooms (and that would have been peak season).

We had 3 different reservation numbers but I called them up and they combined them. So we will find out if it worked or not in 12 days. :)

I looked at Ken Price's rates, while they seemed good, there is a guest confirmation charge. The guy I rented from doesn't charge one at all. I got a 2 bedroom in peak season for $100 per night... and no guest confirmation fee either.. a flat rate of $100 per night. My aunt is suppose to be booking with him for an Oct 23 check in, 7 nights 2 bedroom $450!.. I wish I could stay a week that time frame but can't.. I found the guy I rented from thru Redweek.com his name was Paul

I considered Ken Price also but found an owner through Redweek that i used. I ended up going with a 1 bedroom with a sofa bed in the living room since it was just Me, DH, and DS13. She only charged me $500 (no guest fee) for a week in prime season.

You guys are great! Thanks to everyone for the great responses and tips on Bonnet Creek! The comments make me feel much better about booking there....of course, still trying to decide....

Just as an FYI...the guest fee is something Wyndham imposed about a year ago. The owner must pay this fee. Ken Price does not charge any guest fee for bookings of 7 days or more, so there would be no fee on your weekly bookings with him...

Another place to book Bonnet Creek is through Wyndham's own site: www.extraholidays.com.

But...they don't always show availability which vacation upgrades usually does so you would have to check.

When I priced out our February trip for a 2 bedroom, it was cheaper booking through extraholidays than through Ken Price. His rate would be $215 a night and extra holidays is $170 plus tax.

I actually wound up booking with another owner we have used in the past.

Hope this helps someone out.

is it better to book directly with the hotel or go through Ken's site - I am looking to go 3/27/2010 for 7 nites and another room same period for nites and would LOVE LOVE building 5 fireworks view - how would I have the best chance of getting that? thanks for your advice and assistance. I usually stay at Downtown Disney's Buena Vista Palace (formerly a Wymdham) but have heard and read so much about Bonnet Creek I'd like to take a chance and go there.

Mary

Mary - I would think you would have the same chance either way. They are usually very good about honoring requests. I would go with wherever it was cheapest to book.

Just as an FYI...the guest fee is something Wyndham imposed about a year ago. The owner must pay this fee. Ken Price does not charge any guest fee for bookings of 7 days or more, so there would be no fee on your weekly bookings with him...

I was told that it depends on the amount of points you own. The guy I rent from owns mega points (Platinum owner) and he told me he isn't charged the guest fee so he doesn't pass it on even on stays under 7 nights. He just told me this in July. I can't see why he would make up a story to "sell me" a stay :confused:

my friend just booked the end of Sept with him, 4 nights (weekend nights included) for $350 in a 2 bedroom..... total.. no guest fee. So unless he incorporates it in his rental fees, and just saying he does't charge one.... I don't know.. but his rental rates are pretty decent to be including a guest confirmation fee...either that or he just doesn't care about making much on each rental... I have no clue :goodvibes

No one has unlimited GCs anymore, no matter how many points they own. It is possible the owner you are speaking with isn't aware of the change, or is simplifying things in his explanation. And, because Wyndham is very picky about how the GC fee is paid---any name or date change consumes at least one, for example---even large-point PtVIPs can run short very quickly.

Many folks suspect that this change (plus a few others) was intentionally implemented to make things more difficult for "semi-professional" renters. And, many of them that I know are getting out of the business, selling their holdings and moving on. Some, like Ken and a few others, are continuing, but with higher prices because of a higher cost basis and reduced competition.

You can always hope to find an owner who has points in distress, or for some other reason is motivated to give you a good deal. There are still plenty of good deals out there, just perhaps not *quite* as good as they used to be.

No one has unlimited GCs anymore, no matter how many points they own. It is possible the owner you are speaking with isn't aware of the change, or is simplifying things in his explanation. And, because Wyndham is very picky about how the GC fee is paid---any name or date change consumes at least one, for example---even large-point PtVIPs can run short very quickly.

Very true because "free" guest certificates are alloted based on 15/1 million eligible points. Many VIP platinum owners only have ~ 1million eligible points because any points in excess of this were most likely purchased resale. It wasn't long ago that VIP plats received unlimited guest certificates.

My fear is that soon they will eliminate the unlimited housekeeping credits for VIP members. This will really cause prices in the rental market to go up.

What ever the deal is that Paul, the guy I rent from does, all I know is he "said" he wasn't charged and didn't pass it on. Whether he is or isn't.. doesn't really matter to me, he didn't pass anything on to me. I paid $100 per night for a 2 bedroom peak season. My Aunt will be paying $450 for a week in Oct for a 2 bedroom and a friend of mine will be paying $350 for a check in the last Friday in Sept for 4 nights in a 2 bedroom..these are total prices.. so if he includes the guest fee and says he doesn't charge..that is fine.. his prices are low enough for me..:goodvibes

He does know about the change that was made on guest confirmations, when I booked with him I questioned him about it. I just stayed this past Aug.. and so did a friend of mine thru him as well...

I am a Wyndham Vacation owner, and have stayed at BC many times; if fact NancyIL and I will be there for 3 days before leaving on the Dec 6 Wonder sailing.

The above posters are correct, depending on the amount of points an owner has, s/he does not have to pay a guest fee. I am a Gold owner, and when I rent out time at one of the resorts I don't pass on an extra guest fee, though I might mention that the guest fee is covered in my listing, in case previous Wyndham renters wanted to make sure they wouldn't have any additional charges added.

BC is a lovely location with a water park, poolside pizza patio/bar, deli, and free transportation to parks, DTD, etc. It's not a Disney property, but it's the next, best thing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter