Boo to the Halloween on the Highs Seas Crew

Loving the updates! That is actually pretty cool the way they did the dolphin swim. When I did the one in Cozumel, there was no boogie board to hang onto, the dolphin just came up behind you and pushed. Nothing like a face full of water!!!:rotfl2:
After reading your trippie and bcwife's, I am thinking I may need to book another Eastern this time with Tortola. Tortola looks similar to St. Thomas, but seems prettier and hillier...(is that a word? LOL)

Lisa

Oh my dog, I miss you! You make me laugh, can't wait until June :rotfl2::cool1:

It should be a good time!

Weird! Was the stuff just in the dolphin lagoon or in the water everywhere in Tortola??

It was my understanding that it was just there.

Poor Abby doesn't look happy at all :(

No, she wasn't. She loved to feel them as they swam by, but everything else was pretty scary...which shocked us as she is a dare devil usually.

Kira is bothering me to swim with dolphins but I don't want to do it on a cruise. It's so much better at Discovery Cove, plus you get the entire day at the whole park, not 30 minutes, much more value. I told her not this time but the next time we go to Orlando we will do it. :rolleyes:

I want to go to Discovery Cove some day. I keep looking it up...and I just can't commit to that price.

LOVED your sunset pics from Tortola! Just beautiful!

It really was amazing.

Claire's pirate costume is adorable! Will she still fit it for next cruise? Kira will probably still fit her french maid costume :laughing:

It better fit! LOL! yes, I plan to bring it. Kira will look lovely in her French maid that does not resemble a French maid costume! :joker:

Wonderful pictures once again.

Claire's pirate costume is adorable. So glad she liked it.

It really is a great costume!

The sunset photos are amazing. The ship looks really empty in your photos.

Corinna

it was really beautiful. Pictures could not even come close to doing it justice.

Loving the updates! That is actually pretty cool the way they did the dolphin swim. When I did the one in Cozumel, there was no boogie board to hang onto, the dolphin just came up behind you and pushed. Nothing like a face full of water!

I don't think I would like that at all. :scared:

After reading your trippie and bcwife's, I am thinking I may need to book another Eastern this time with Tortola. Tortola looks similar to St. Thomas, but seems prettier and hillier...(is that a word? LOL)

Tortolla was really pretty. Geoff and a few others did some tour on a bus and he had some great pictures from high up on the hills.

I refer to him as the Big Cheese or the Head Honcho, not the "Head Cheese"

OMG...:rolleyes1 I just ....ahhhh... nevermind! o_O :rotfl2:

When the show was over I found all the girls. Abby made herself comfy in her princess chair.

tort10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They left to get ready and I told Claire we had to get a picture taken.

We waited in line and they had pirate chocolate at guest services and I told Claire to go grab some.

tor98 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor99 by Jenseib, on Flickr

A few pirate pictures.

032 by Jenseib, on Flickr

031 by Jenseib, on Flickr

030 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We headed back to the room to get Claire’s pirate hat and had this guy waiting for us.

tor100 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Also a letter…which I will admit….we ignored! It said that we could not go on our balcony during the fireworks as debris could fall and to be sure everything was removed off the balcony.

tor58 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then headed to the pirate party. I messaged the family and no one responded. I have no clue where they were and why they didn’t come.

tor59 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was the strangest pirate party. Usually everyone is up and dancing around and having a good time. All the people in front were sitting down…all of them! It was so odd. I have never seen this before…and part of this party is they teach you a dance…so why would you sit?

tor60 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We stood….but at the back.

tor102 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor103 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor104 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor61 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor105 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor106 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor107 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor108 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I took some video as well.

Did you see all the people sitting? That dance at the beginning…we are supposed to be dancing…It was strange.

tort16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The story line is that Captain Hook is taking over the ship and we need to prove we know all the stuff that pirates know.

tor62 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor109 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor63 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor64 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a fun party….but I wish everyone had joined. And like I said, it was weird that everyone was sitting. This is the same party that the Dream has and I have never seen people sit for that one before…of course I have only been on the Dream twice.

All the people in front were sitting down…all of them!

That really is strange. I am not a big fan of this or the sail away party, but I simply don't go. If people do go, I think they should at least try to get in the spirit of this.

Corinna

That really is strange. I am not a big fan of this or the sail away party, but I simply don't go. If people do go, I think they should at least try to get in the spirit of this.

Corinna

Yeah, it really shocked me that people weren't "getting into it".

It was now time for dinner so we headed to Enchanted Garden. Katie and Thad were eating at Palo as were Laura and Jan.

We got settled into our seats. Geoff wasn’t there yet and Aunt Mary said he was on the phone with his mom. He often does have to check in on her when he is gone, so this is not unusual at all.

Geoff also had been telling us all day he was ready for pirate night but Aunt Mary would not let him get a new costume for this trip. He was mad as he had a lot of great ideas. I kept telling him not to worry because his costume last time was amazing and many people re-wear their costumes.

This was Geoff last time…He went all out and the kids loved it.

pirate25 by Jenseib, on Flickr

pparty15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After a bit a server came over and told us that we had a special guest who wanted to visit with us. I knew right away that Geoff had been lying….he was coming in full gear once again but I just bet it was a new costume….and I was right.

tort18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I didn’t think it was possible but he outdid himself once again.

tor65 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He had trouble keeping his facial hair on and after a while he ended up ditching it while he ate.

Geoff’s parrot could speak too. It recorded what you said and then you could replay it and it would say it with a parrot voice. After dinner, Geoff went to show Aunt Laura and Jan his costume and Jan had fun playing with the parrot. Jan has a thick polish accent and it was so funny to hear the parrot talk in the polish accent.

Time to eat!

I took a picture of the flower lights starting to open.

tor66 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I got a shrimp salad and it was the strangest thing ever…why is it served in a mug?

tor67 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire and Gail’s girls got specialty drinks.

tor110 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And it lights up.

tor69 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Claire’s normal meal of 2 steaks.

tor68 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Our head server came over tonight to cut up Claire’s meat. I think she was embarrassed.

tort30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then he fed her a bite! LOL.

tor111 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Another fancy salad for me.

tor70 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And I ordered my favorite…Shrimp, scallops and pasta. The pirate menu had recently changed but this was still on there. Unfortunately it was not as good as it has been in the past. I am not sure if it was just that particular plate or if they changed the recipe somewhat?

tor71 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Ferdi made some napkin hats for the kids.

tort31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Luke was my buddy tonight since his parents were not there. Vicki sat by Jude and helped him, and I think Violet skipped dinner and was at the nursery. Luke basically doesn’t eat. His mom is a pediatrician and she has tried everything, but he just doesn’t eat much. So we found a few things he liked on this cruise and he would eat some of it….then we would just pick it up and shove some in his mouth when he wasn’t paying attention. LOL.

tort21 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He loved his hat.

tort22 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort23 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The photographer came around and took pictures of us.

029 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And of Geoff and the girls too.

028 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Notice that Abby is wearing the costume that Claire and Alexis wore last time we all cruised....this one was Alexis'. At first Gail couldn't find it when we were packing but I told her I still had mine if she needed it. On our first family cruise, Abby had worn one of Claire's old costumes.

027 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Then time for dessert….I can’t remember what this was.

tor72 by Jenseib, on Flickr

One of the girls got nothing.

tor73 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby and the boys headed off to the kids club half way through the meal. We wanted to get pirate shots, but we ended up doing it without Abby. It was better to let her play since she loved the clubs so much.

038 by Jenseib, on Flickr

037 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Rob was using his prop…aka kids cup from dinner…in every pose he could think of.

036 by Jenseib, on Flickr

035 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I think Gail got in another line to get some of her and Rob and Claire and I also got a few more too.

034 by Jenseib, on Flickr

033 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Amanda took a couple of us as well.

tor112 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At dinner we had talked about the fireworks but didn’t want to fight the crowds. I told them that I was going to watch from my balcony as they are shot on that side of the ship. Technically you are not supposed to, but many people do it. I had the only room on the starboard side so several family members were going to come to my room to watch them.

tor74 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We stood out there and waited and waited and waited. Rob was doubting me now. Alexis and Abby both laid down and were practically falling asleep.

I kept telling them all to wait and pointed to the area to look for them…and I was right!

tor75 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor76 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had a fantastic view of them and only had ourselves there to deal with. And the rooms on both sides of me were also out watching too. LOL.

Rob said in the future we needed to have at least one person be on this side of the ship as this was much better than dealing with the crowds.

All the kids were so tired…well except Claire who is a night owl, so everyone left.

Claire and I got ready for bed and watched a bit of TV. Tomorrow was another port day for us…St. Thomas…and this was the one I was looking most forward to.

That costume is absolutely amazing.

Jan has a thick polish accent and it was so funny to hear the parrot talk in the polish accent.

I can see that this would be pretty funny.

Then time for dessert….I can’t remember what this was.

Whatever it was, it looks good.

We had a fantastic view of them and only had ourselves there to deal with.

I was really surprised that the view was so good from the balcony.

Tomorrow was another port day for us…St. Thomas…and this was the one I was looking most forward to.

St. Thomas is on my bucket list.

Corinna

And my turn.

DSC_4684 by Jenseib, on Flickr

DSC_4690 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby was not a fan of the whole experience. I could tell Gail was a little impatient about it all. We were doing this for her basically. Gail kept telling her this is her one and only time to ever do this until she was an adult and wanted to pay for it herself. LOL.

Here are a few pictures of Alexis and Abby’s experience.

DSC_4231 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Alexis was making the funniest faces.

DSC_4233 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Abby finally got brave enough to do some mild interacting.

DSC_4316 by Jenseib, on Flickr

DSC_4318 by Jenseib, on Flickr

DSC_4325 by Jenseib, on Flickr

DSC_4338 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Rob finally got her talked into doing the boogie board but she would only go out there if he went with her.

DSC_4485 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And…..she was not a fan!

DSC_4487 by Jenseib, on Flickr

She refused to go back for the ride on portion.

Alexis went though.

DSC_4604 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Again, the faces are so funny.

DSC_4606 by Jenseib, on Flickr

DSC_4615 by Jenseib, on Flickr

After everyone had their turn…and some people did not do all of it either…like Abby…we then all got out and they had outdoor showers to rinse off. I was itchy, which surprised me as I don’t usually get too affected by stuff like that. Gail typically does and she wasn’t feeling too itchy. Abby however was super itchy and was sure she would die. They rinsed her off. Discovery Cove also said they had something they could put on you if you felt it was too itchy and I think Gail may have taken them up on that for Abby.

tort34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then grabbed our things from the cubbies and some of us went to the bathrooms. They have basically a semi-trailer with bathrooms in it. They weren’t great, but not horrible either….and better than an outhouse.

I snapped some pictures as well.

tort35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor94 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We then went into the gift shop and looked around. Claire and Alexis both found a shirt they liked. I found one for myself and I should have tried it on. The style I got ended up running pretty small and though I could wear it, it’s pretty tight. I need to lose a good 20 lbs to make it look decent….of course I need to lose a heck of a lot more to make anything look decent these days.

Then we headed over to a room with computers and were helped to look at our pictures. They took a lot, which was nice. I only shared just a few of what was taken. Of course we bought the CD’s. We are probably not ever going to do this again, so I better have a keepsake of the moment. And let’s face it….you all know I am a sucker for pictures.

We had to wait a bit for the CD and once we got them we headed back to the buses and headed back to the port.

We separated once there as Gail’s family was going to head back to the ship and Claire and I decided we wanted to look around a bit. We stopped in a few shops and then I found the Del Sol Shop. Yep, Claire loves to look in those. And who do we find in there? Gail’s family. Alexis loves it too. LOL.

The girls ended up getting nail polish that turned colors in the sun. I put some on one fingernail….and it goes on kind of clear and it really does not have a strong color. I also had a coupon for a free gift from the ships coupon pamphlet and it was a rubber ring that changed colors. The shop was also connected to the bamboo shop….which the name is escaping me right now…and there was a free gift for that too, which was a bamboo neckless.

Gail ended up getting more things too, though I am not sure what all she got, I know there were shirts in her hand when she was checking out.

After that we headed back to the ship.

Claire went to shower and I went off for a walk while I waited. I started talking to some people I had met..and we would often chat daily when we would see each other…and they had gone snorkeling. They showed me some of their pictures. They had a really cheap underwater camera and even on that camera the pictures were so neat. It made me kind of wish I had gone snorkeling. LOL. I put that on my possible to do list if I ever get back to Tortola.

We stopped off and got some lunch. I think just chicken strips and fries today and I did not take pictures….I know…bad me!

I headed back to the room to shower and get ready for the evening as well.

tor31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We just enjoyed our balcony and watched people come back to the ship.

tor33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tor38 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was pirate night tonight and Claire had a new pirate costume….which she absolutely loved. I actually bought it online without asking her if she liked it because it was super cheap….so cheap that even if she didn’t like it I felt that it wouldn’t be a waste and I was sure I could find some use for it later. I lucked out and she liked it….She is so picky these days and even when stuff is cute she will say its ugly…I think just to disagree with me. LOL.

tort26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

tort27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The necklace thing she had on was a gift from my Mom in her fish extender…..and it broke by the end of the night. Mom was mad and took it back after we got home.

tort28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

The sun was setting and it was so amazing.

tor95 by Jenseib, on Flickr

They sounded the horn, which I think was letting us know it was time to leave.

tor96 by Jenseib, on Flickr
You must know your daughter is gorgeous in that pirate costume! Watch out for when she gets her braces off!

I love the look on your mom's face in this pic :rotfl2:

Mug 'o shrimp?? :rotfl:

Must have run out of the shrimp plates :rolleyes1

Our head server came over tonight to cut up Claire’s meat. I think she was embarrassed.

Kira didn't enjoy that feature because they didn't cut off all of the fatty parts like her momma does :p

Another fancy salad for me.

Do-it-yourself? :rolleyes:

Pirates and pumpkins :lmao:

That costume is absolutely amazing.

He does a great job with costumes

I can see that this would be pretty funny.

He speaks some broken English anyways, so it was extra funny to hear a bird talk like him.

Whatever it was, it looks good.

I wish I took notes, but honestly it's too hard to do anymore.

I was really surprised that the view was so good from the balcony.

It was a really good view

St. Thomas is on my bucket list.

It's beautiful there. It was my favorite port this trip.

You must know your daughter is gorgeous in that pirate costume! Watch out for when she gets her braces off!

Aww thanks!

I love the look on your mom's face in this pic :rotfl2:

I saw that too and totally laughed

Mug 'o shrimp?? :rotfl:

Must have run out of the shrimp plates :rolleyes1

It was so strange. I am not used to getting my seafood in a mug.

Kira didn't enjoy that feature because they didn't cut off all of the fatty parts like her momma does :p

LOL. I started making Claire cut her own about a year or 2 ago and she is getting pretty good now.

Do-it-yourself?

Those hunk of salads always crack me up.

Pirates and pumpkins :lmao:

:jumping1:

Oct. 26, 2017, Wednesday, Day 8

St. Thomas

Another early day for me.

Good morning St. Thomas!

stthom3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Over the years as I have read trip reports about different people cruising and the ports they visit……St. Thomas was always one I dreamed of visiting someday. Today was finally that day.

stt2 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt3 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I just love this blue water!

stt4 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt5 by Jenseib, on Flickr

It was a gorgeous sunny morning.

stt6 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We had our breakfast and I was a bad reporter and did not take pictures. We gathered at our meeting spot….again I believe it was at the Tube. A few times people had to run back to the room to grab this or that, but we had plenty of time. Our group today consisted of Claire and I, Geoff, Gail, Rob, Abby and Alexis, and Katie, Thad and Jude.

Once everyone had been checked in we were led off the ship.

stt7 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt8 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And we just played follow the leader and walked and walked and walked.

stt9 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt10 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Geoff and I were talking and I told him that Mariah Carey was the Godmother to the Fantasy……we had seen Mariah Carey in the Macy’s parade last year….and then I went on to say that I can’t stand Mariah Carey. LOL. The people walking in front of us turned around and laughed…I said sorry and they said they agreed. Hahaha.

We were led to a pirate ship which was going to take us out snorkeling today.

stt11 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt12 by Jenseib, on Flickr

We got seated and it wasn’t long before we were heading out.

stt13 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt14 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt15 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This boat was pretty rocky and Gail started feeling sick instantly. I felt so bad for her. She is prone to seasickness but when taking meds she is usually ok on the big ship. We never thought what this little boat would do to her. She said “OH, I should have never come”….and I wished I could help her. I knew it was going to be a long day, most spent on this boat or in the water.

She moved to where she could feel air better and I told her to take a second bonine since she only took one that morning. I asked one of the crew if they had gingerale and they did not, but the gal (I no longer remember any of the crews name, but they were fabulous!), got Gail a bag of ice and told her to hold it on her neck. Gail said this helped immensely and though she wasn’t feel totally well, she could bear it.

We finally reached out snorkeling destination and were given quick instructions and then we jumped in.

stt26 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was Geoff’s first snorkeling experience.

stt27 by Jenseib, on Flickr

At first I was slightly disappointed. There didn’t seem to be much to see, but they told us we may see turtles.

stt28 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And then we did!!!

stt29 by Jenseib, on Flickr

Just one guy, but I followed him around for a bit.

stt16 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt17 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt18 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And as you can see I kept snapping away.

stt19 by Jenseib, on Flickr

He came up for a breath of air….so cute.

stt20 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt30 by Jenseib, on Flickr

I missed his head going above….people kept getting in the way.

stt31 by Jenseib, on Flickr

And back down.

stt32 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt33 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt34 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt35 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt36 by Jenseib, on Flickr

stt37 by Jenseib, on Flickr

This was great…but I could only take so many turtle pictures before it would become boring.

We were led to a pirate ship which was going to take us out snorkeling today.

This looks a lot of fun.

I asked one of the crew if they had gingerale and they did not, but the gal (I no longer remember any of the crews name, but they were fabulous!), got Gail a bag of ice and told her to hold it on her neck. Gail said this helped immensely and though she wasn’t feel totally well, she could bear it.

I never knew about ice on the neck helping with motion sickness.

And then we did!!!

The turtle photos are really neat. I think I would still have been disappointed if this is all you saw.

Corinna

Love all of your pirate costumes! Wow Geoff really went all out! Fun night.

Beautiful pics so far in St Thomas, awesome how clear the water is. Makes for nice underwater pictures, sorry there weren't more fishies but score on the turtle pics!

Love all of your pirate costumes! Wow Geoff really went all out! Fun night.

Beautiful pics so far in St Thomas, awesome how clear the water is. Makes for nice underwater pictures, sorry there weren't more fishies but score on the turtle pics!

Geoff really outdid himself. I don't know how he could ever top that.

The water was so nice....but eventually I found fish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter