Booking windows and availability

geniegirl

DIS Veteran
We generally plan only 6-8 months out, are we risking not getting a studio or 1 bedroom at akl if we wait on booking till that timeframe. Also if we are able to book at 11 months and want to stay 10-12 days is it hard to book for longer stays.

Thanks we are new to this.

We generally plan only 6-8 months out, are we risking not getting a studio or 1 bedroom at akl if we wait on booking till that timeframe. Also if we are able to book at 11 months and want to stay 10-12 days is it hard to book for longer stays.

Thanks we are new to this.

Except for concierge, AKV is usually easy to get. You shouldn't have a problem.

The value villas in Jambo House may also be gone if you can't book at 11 months out. But you should be able to get a standard or savanna villa.

When booking more than seven night, you would have to call the next day to add your eighth day, the next to add the ninth and so on until you got all your nights. Or you could wait until you were four days past eleven months out and book eleven nights at once. You are only limited at exactly 11 months out at your home resort and seven months out at other resorts.

AKV concierge goes fast at 11 months out. Value rooms also often book up fairly quickly during 11 month window. You also have a risk of being blocked out of AKV savanna and standard view if you do not use the 11 month window for days during mid-Oct, Thanksgiving time, first two weeks of Dec, and Dec 23 to Jan 2.

Then you have the issue of the 7 month window, when members from any resort can reserve another. Even for times of year when AKV is readily available at 7 months out, there is a risk it can disappear quickly after that window opens. Thus, at 6 months out, you could find AKV blocked at some times other than ones I mentioned above.

Thanks. How about the Gran Calif resort how fast does that fill up, any chance of booking mid-late august for an end of Jan trip?

Thanks. How about the Gran Calif resort how fast does that fill up, any chance of booking mid-late august for an end of Jan trip?

Virtually no chance of getting that reservation. Often members find themselves shut out of GCV at exactly 7 months.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

It's a really small resort and if you don't own there, it can be very difficult to book there.

I just tried to book any studio or 1 bedroom from Dec 7 - Dec 10, and nothing was available except SS - which is fine. But when I am searching for availability at 7 months and 10 days - I would expect to have a choice of rooms or locations. This time is a relatively slow time for the parks. Where are all of our rooms? Does this 10 days really make that much of a difference or is the number of rooms available to us DVC members shrinking?

I just tried to book any studio or 1 bedroom from Dec 7 - Dec 10, and nothing was available except SS - which is fine. But when I am searching for availability at 7 months and 10 days - I would expect to have a choice of rooms or locations. This time is a relatively slow time for the parks. Where are all of our rooms? Does this 10 days really make that much of a difference or is the number of rooms available to us DVC members shrinking?

Early December is super peak DVC reservation time. The fact that its slow at the parks is not related to DVC bookings (or it is since many members know that and like to go then partly for that reason). Early December heavily books up at 11 months out.

The problem is you are trying to book during THE most popular DVC booking time. Those rooms likely have been gone in that time frame for quite some time already. Most owners know to book those first two weeks of December right at the 11 month window. Try after Dec. 15th and you find lots of rooms available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter