• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Boulder Ridge Renovation

A lot of the rooms had been booking up for the last 3 months of 2022. I had been checking to pick up one more day in December back in early Feb and suddenly from one day to the next everything that had remained was gone. Now just a couple of days ago March-June or July was flooded with new availability. I'm feeling like they had planned to start in the spring and now have pushed it back. I seriously hope it's wrong and that they aren't insulting further by pushing the long delayed refurb into the busiest 3 months of the year. :headache:
Looks like it. :(

Does anyone have a guess how long it might take for half the units to be done?

A lot of the rooms had been booking up for the last 3 months of 2022. I had been checking to pick up one more day in December back in early Feb and suddenly from one day to the next everything that had remained was gone. Now just a couple of days ago March-June or July was flooded with new availability. I'm feeling like they had planned to start in the spring and now have pushed it back. I seriously hope it's wrong and that they aren't insulting further by pushing the long delayed refurb into the busiest 3 months of the year. :headache:
It is purely based on a post on the DVC Fan FB page yesterday, but it appears maybe Oct. One of the members posted that she is at BRV now and yesterday a CM and a 'man with a clipboard' knocked and asked if they could measure drapes for a refurb starting in Oct.... RUMOR at best, but a glimmer...?

It is purely based on a post on the DVC Fan FB page yesterday, but it appears maybe Oct. One of the members posted that she is at BRV now and yesterday a CM and a 'man with a clipboard' knocked and asked if they could measure drapes for a refurb starting in Oct.... RUMOR at best, but a glimmer...?

I will say, that poster is usually a pretty reliable poster and wouldn't make up a story on this. Now whether the CM gave accurate information is still up for debate. Hopefully DVC communication improves and we get some information soon.

I will say, that poster is usually a pretty reliable poster and wouldn't make up a story on this. Now whether the CM gave accurate information is still up for debate. Hopefully DVC communication improves and we get some information soon.
Absolutely agreed. I didn’t mean to make her sound sketchy if it came across that way.

Absolutely agreed. I didn’t mean to make her sound sketchy if it came across that way.
I didn't take your post that way...just wanted to provide some clarity on that poster in case a new board member or someone comes across this story that might not know who they are/were.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter