Boulder Ridge Room Type Question

Wendy_Darling_Boston

Earning My Ears
Hi! Help please. I booked a 1-bedroom at Boulder Ridge but don't understand the woods/pool view distinction. Which is what I booked? Or is this just a preference when you put in room requests? If you've stated at BRV and recommend something, I'd love to hear. We'd like a ground floor since we have kids. Thanks!

There is only one category of rooms at BRV so not sure where you are seeing that.

It’s how Touring Plans classifies the rooms on their room finder. Disney does not classify them this way. 4523 is a great room for a 1BR, close to the elevators and no adjacent room on one side. And a pool/lake view. Odd number rooms face the lake. I posted some pictures on the TP room finder, for some reason they are a little blurry. Definitely recommend this room, though it’s 4th floor.

Last edited:
With the new BRV refurbishment, are there Murphy Beds in those "corner" 1BR Villas, the ones that are on the corners of the Atrium?

With the new BRV refurbishment, are there Murphy Beds in those "corner" 1BR Villas, the ones that are on the corners of the Atrium?
By the luck of the draw, we were in 5519 this summer and it does not have a Murphy bed. I believe the 5th floor has no Murphy beds at all but I might be wrong. But the location and spaciousness of the villa were phenomenal. We have two kids so, for us, the layout was great with huge island in the middle of the living space and then the wall of appliances on the wall behind the island. The space and being able to see and hear EWP and a lot of the fireworks from MK right from the balcony was a bonus.

By the luck of the draw, we were in 5519 this summer and it does not have a Murphy bed. I believe the 5th floor has no Murphy beds at all but I might be wrong. But the location and spaciousness of the villa were phenomenal. We have two kids so, for us, the layout was great with huge island in the middle of the living space and then the wall of appliances on the wall behind the island. The space and being able to see and hear EWP and a lot of the fireworks from MK right from the balcony was a bonus.
Is it because of the dormer windows? Is there a pull-out sofa bed instead?

If I may, I suggest for ease, visit the "VWL Groupies and Lovers" thread on this same forum page(BTW, VWL stands for the original Villas at Wilderness Lodge, we refuse to budge on that name) :goodvibes
Once there, navigate down the 1st page, 1st post where Sleepydog25 started us off. Another longtime poster, Granny was gracious enough to give us pictures of the VWL layouts of rooms, where each room type is categorized by color. You will see the 1st floor has several 1 bedrooms facing the lake, a few face the quiet pool area.

We are in room 3519 as I write this, an atrium area 2 bedroom. 1 week before arrival, I emailed DVC member services my requests, 1st request was room 2519, 2nd request room 3519. I have found that to be the most effective way, though not guaranteed, to get the room request I prefer. My BIL and his family will be arriving Thursday this week on our points and yesterday I did a similar request for his family, 2 specific room numbers. We will see if my theory works or not

I will add, requesting a ground floor room is more likely to get you a request granted, as most folks I know ask for higher floor. Our DD and her family loved having a ground floor for their kiddos, walk right out the room either way, no hassles

If I may, I suggest for ease, visit the "VWL Groupies and Lovers" thread on this same forum page(BTW, VWL stands for the original Villas at Wilderness Lodge, we refuse to budge on that name) :goodvibes
Thanks! I KNEW there had to be a thread for BRV, er, VWL, but I was searching BRV or Boulder Ridge, and couldn't find it! 😜

What's BTW? Bay Tower Wilderness?! :laughing: (I do know what that means.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter