Breakfast Debarkation Morning

Sometimes we just want to say goodbye once more to table mates and servers, but other times we do go to Cabanas on debarkation morning.

I agree. We've never actually gone to Cabanas for breakfast. Now that we have second seating, we still like going to MDR just to thank our servers again. There were at least 3 or 4 times my children was so sad to say goodbye to them. I try to request them, but only once did we get the server again.

Cabanas is absolutely open for breakfast the last morning, and a full breakfast is available. Not every single item is available as on the other days, but a full American breakfast is available, nonetheless.

Yep....we have long since skipped the MDRs on the last morning. So much easier to just leave our carry ons in the cabin, head up to Cabanas and eat without lugging our bags around and head back to the cabin before 8:00 am to clear out. They have a large variety in Cabanas the last morning. It might not be listed in the Navigator as an option but it has always been open on the last morning. Its never too crowded either on the last morning.

MJ

We always have main seating and have always gone to the MDR for breakfast, because I never knew Cabanas was open on the last day. Thanks to this board though, I found out it was open. On our last cruise I told my dh that I wanted to go to Cabanas the last morning, because 6:45 is just too early to eat. My dh and dd both said they wanted to go to the MDRs, I told them that I would go to Cabanas and they could go to the MDR without me. Debark morning comes, I wake up around 6:30, told my dh and dd that if they were going to the MDR they needed to get up, neither did. I couldn't get back to sleep, so ended up going to Cabanas by myself around 7. There was a lot of food choices and it wasn't crowded at all. My dh and dd got up around 7:30 and ate there also, I finished packing last minute stuff in the room and then joined them. There were still lots of tables available, it felt more relaxing than when we've eaten in the MDRs.

We always have main seating and have always gone to the MDR for breakfast, because I never knew Cabanas was open on the last day. Thanks to this board though, I found out it was open. On our last cruise I told my dh that I wanted to go to Cabanas the last morning, because 6:45 is just too early to eat. My dh and dd both said they wanted to go to the MDRs, I told them that I would go to Cabanas and they could go to the MDR without me. Debark morning comes, I wake up around 6:30, told my dh and dd that if they were going to the MDR they needed to get up, neither did. I couldn't get back to sleep, so ended up going to Cabanas by myself around 7. There was a lot of food choices and it wasn't crowded at all. My dh and dd got up around 7:30 and ate there also, I finished packing last minute stuff in the room and then joined them. There were still lots of tables available, it felt more relaxing than when we've eaten in the MDRs.

Do you leave your tip envelopes in your stateroom for your servers since you didn't see them on the last morning?

We gave them the envelopes the night before and told them we weren't sure if we would be going to the MDR in the morning. It was nice giving it to them the night before, one last thing to worry about on an already busy morning.

We also always give the gratuity envelopes the night before. I never even thought of handing them out in the morning. I'm afraid I would forget about it.

FYI.. Cabanas last morning breakfast hours are not listed on the options on your disembarkment papers, they only list the MDR hours. Ask you severs what Cabanas opens in the morning, generally I would assume 1/2 hour earlier than first MDR. We generally let our servers know we will not be coming if we decide not to eat in the MDR for the last breakfast, so they don't wait for us.

FYI.. Cabanas last morning breakfast hours are not listed on the options on your disembarkment papers, they only list the MDR hours. Ask you severs what Cabanas opens in the morning, generally I would assume 1/2 hour earlier than first MDR. We generally let our servers know we will not be coming if we decide not to eat in the MDR for the last breakfast, so they don't wait for us.
This. I thought they had listed them previously, but on this cruise they did not so we had to ask. Cabanas is our preference on disembarkation morning. I don't like the options in the MDR. The plates are all huge and you can't really modify the choices. I'd much rather just look over the options and take what I want.

We always have the late seating, and have our car at the port. DH does not eat breakfast on debarkation day, but I always get something for breakfast. We enjoy the time with our servers and head server and it is a great opportunity for those final pictures with everyone. Our cruise this past may we were the last ones out of the dining room. We kept trying to leave so they could get on with their day and preparing for the next cruise, but they insisted we stay and relax and they stayed to visit with us. I will however, run to the Cove for one last Cold Brew Coffee to take back to the room while we finish the last minute packing.

Does anyone know when Cabanas closes?

Usually we do the MDR because we always have second seating and never had an early flight after (or we went to WDW after). So just take our time.
Last cruise, we really had a main server that was aweful, not getting into it but we would avoid eating in the MDR because of it (yes, we spoke with the head server). So we ended up doing Cabanas and I enjoyed only taking the food I would eat. We were sad there weren't any mickey waffles on debarkation day at the buffet though :(

On our 3 night Dream cruise last year, we asked our server about Cabanas for last morning and was told they weren't open and that the dining room was our only option.
Is this unusual?
Would much have preferred Cabanas to the set menu in the main dining room.

Yes, this would be very unusual. I don't think I have ever eaten breakfast on debarkation morning in the MDR. It's possible though that there was training or extra cleaning going on.

Does anyone know when Cabanas closes?

In March on the Dream, they started shutting down the line about 830.

We had Mickey waffles at Cabanas on debarkation day on the Wonder last month. DD snagged one “for the road”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter