Breakfast on DCL

JanBlessed

Mouseketeer
What do you do/plan to do for breakfast on your cruise(s) ? Which is your favorite way to enjoy breakfast ? What is/are your favorite breakfast items ?

What do you do/plan to do for breakfast on your cruise(s) ? Which is your favorite way to enjoy breakfast ? What is/are your favorite breakfast items ?
We like breakfast in the main dining room. The food there is really good. Cabanas is fine, but the main dining room is less hectic & you get served as opposed to having to fend for yourself.

Last edited:
We prefer Cabanas. Everyone can choose what they want and how much of it they want. We have never had a hard time finding seats. Usually I go scope out a table while DH takes the kids through the line. It works out well for us. We all seem to enjoy different things for breakfast and we don't linger over our food. So waiting for food at the MDRs for breakfast isn't our thing. We eat quickly and then go do our thing. If you like to relax and take your time with meals, then go with the MDRs or room service. If you are a "get in, get out, get on with your life" family like we are, then Cabana's is much better.

We like breakfast in the main dining room. The food there is really good. Cariocas is fine, but the main dining room is less hectic & you get served as opposed to having to fend for yourself.

We are going on our first Disney cruise soon and didn't know you could go to dinning room. Thought it was only buffet. Do they give you a menu? What's on it? What times are dinning room breakfast?

I prefer the buffet over the dining room. I like the wide variety of food, getting drink refills easily, and of course the view if we can get a table outside or near a window. Plus, I'm usually dressed for the pool/beach so I'm more comfortable up there. I would like to try the dining room sometime but it doesn’t seem to work out. ;)

I'm a pretty early riser, so I enjoy going to Cabanas first thing and getting coffee and a croissant, and then later on in the morning going to the dining room for a sitdown breakfast.

We are going on our first Disney cruise soon and didn't know you could go to dinning room. Thought it was only buffet. Do they give you a menu? What's on it? What times are dinning room breakfast?
We prefer the sit down breakfast but they do close early so check the schedule. On most days it closed the doors at 9:30AM. There is a breakfast yogurt drink that
you can order at no extra charge. I love them. There is a menu with the standard fare including eggs benedict.

We usually eat at the MDR at least once during a cruise, usually on a sea day. My dd loves the PB&J pancakes and I like the french toast and pineapple stack. I also like being able to get bacon cooked to order, on the buffets it's not crispy enough for my liking. Otherwise we go to Cabanas to eat, haven't tried room service for breakfast.

We like breakfast in the main dining room. The food there is really good. Cariocas is fine, but the main dining room is less hectic & you get served as opposed to having to fend for yourself.

Cariocas IS one of the MDRs. I don't think they have breakfast there though...

I prefer Cabanas so I can pick and choose a little bit of this, and a tad of that. It's quicker to go through the buffet line than to wait for table service.

we do a combo of Cabanas and room service... DH likes to go up and get cabanas for himself and the kids and I prefer room service so I can go at my own pace and drink my coffee on the verandah

Last edited:
I love doing sit down breakfasts in the MDRs. I find the food to be better quality than Cabanas. I can also get better accommodations for my food allergy there than in cabanas where they just tell me what is safe. In the MDR they will make me pancakes, waffles, etc.

That being said, we do Cabanas when we don't have time for the MDR due to an excursion, etc.

We really enjoy Cabanas. There is definitely something for everyone and there are SO many different varieties of food which is fun. If it's not too windy, sometimes we will go out on the pool deck to eat there and watch whatever movie or trivia is going on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter