Breakfast on DCL

I love sitting in the sun having breakfast at Cabanas as it makes me feel like I'm really on holiday but we always try & do at least one sit down breakfast as it's nice it's cooked fresh & quite relaxing.

I can see myself enjoying that - and I also want to try the sit down. Just have to figure out which restaurant has the breakfast...

Cabanas is usually my go-to for breakfast. I love the buffet style and large open windows. Last cruise we also discovered that room service is awesome, especially when you have an extremely early excursion.

Great idea! I'm Going to search for room service menus before I board...

Does anyone know if the Mickey waffle on the Disney Jr. Character breakfast menu is the big waffle or little ones like on the Cabanas buffet?

Great idea! I'm Going to search for room service menus before I board...

Just to let you know, there are TWO room service menus. One is the regular one and one is the breakfast one. I had only seen the regular one online and at first, we only found the regular one in our room. But I KNEW (from these boards) that you could order breakfast the night before, so I called room service, and they told me that the breakfast hang-tag menus were in the desk drawer! Ah Ha! I'm sure that has been said here too, but I didn't catch it, so if you want to order breakfast the night before, look for the hang-tag breakfast menu.

I can see myself enjoying that - and I also want to try the sit down. Just have to figure out which restaurant has the breakfast...

The sit-down breakfast has always been in the restaurant just off the lobby in our experience (Royal Court, etc). However, the last three times we sailed on the Fantasy, brunch was offered but not breakfast on the last sea day. Not a happy change for me. In the future, last sea day will be room service breakfast and Palo brunch around noon for us.

Happy sailing. :boat:

The sit-down breakfast has always been in the restaurant just off the lobby in our experience (Royal Court, etc). However, the last three times we sailed on the Fantasy, brunch was offered but not breakfast on the last sea day.
Hmmm, great to know in advance. I'll be sure to inquire about this beforehand :idea:

I think I mostly stuck to the buffets in the past but on my next cruise I want to try a bunch of different things so I'll probably try the sit down breakfasts

Just to let you know, there are TWO room service menus. One is the regular one and one is the breakfast one. I had only seen the regular one online and at first, we only found the regular one in our room. But I KNEW (from these boards) that you could order breakfast the night before, so I called room service, and they told me that the breakfast hang-tag menus were in the desk drawer! Ah Ha! I'm sure that has been said here too, but I didn't catch it, so if you want to order breakfast the night before, look for the hang-tag breakfast menu.
"Regular" menu:
Room Service Menu - wonder 2012 1411 100_6494 1500.jpg

Breakfast menu (not Concierge):
Room Service wonder 2012 breakfast back 1413 100_6552 1500.jpg

I've only ever skimmed the room service menu but have talked it up to DD. Here's my stupid question of the day, can she order just fries or will she have to do that from the grill (on the Dream)?

This is the short way of asking if I need to backpedal as she has big plans of sitting in the room with her book eating endless french fries.:rotfl2:

...big plans of sitting in the room with her book eating endless french fries.:rotfl2:

Ah the dreams of youth! I love it. We didn't try ordering just fries from room service (without a burger or something), so perhaps someone else can give you first hand experience, but I can say that room service was VERY accommodating, and had no problem with back to back orders. Once we ordered again, right after a previous order, and their only concern was did our first order not arrive. When I explained that it did arrive, but was proceeded slightly by the return of our two teen-aged sons, they immediately sent us a double order of our previous order, plus a few other things. They were quite indulgent of us. Such a nice little guilty pleasure!

Ah the dreams of youth! I love it.

Indeed, she's very excited and when I mentioned we were looking at RCCL due to cost she said "but what about the room service!" sigh.

I figure she's on vacation, let her indulge. Plus at 12 she's old enough to learn how to order for herself and tip the delivery guy. If nothing else it's training for dealing with the pizza guy when she heads off to college.

when I mentioned we were looking at RCCL due to cost she said "but what about the room service!" sigh

Well if you decide on RCCL, there is an easy fix: Set aside some portion of your savings (something crazy like $100) for room service fries. You'll still save lots of money and she'll still live her dream. I agree with you about her getting experience with that sort of thing. I often make my sons order stuff like that themselves (or for the family) or run into a store and buy whatever little thing is needed. Good practice for them!

We like to try all the venues at least once: buffet, MDR, room service. If we have more than 2 seadays, we will sleep in one morning and just do an early lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter