Bring back more guest experiences please!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just guessing but I'm assuming they don't count anything based on an IP instead of being something created just for the parks. IP saturation has gotten very high in the past few years, and some like that but some really do not.
Could be, has nothing to do with being an E ticket though.

What the heck is your definition of E ticket ride if SDMT, FOP, ROTR, SDD, MMRR aren't? The amount they have built in the last 10 years even is insane. With even more coming. The last 5-ish years have been by far the best years of WDW for me. Also cool that you seem to know Walt so well to know what he would want right now.

SDMT, SDD and MMRR are not eticket rides. More likely D...arguably C

SDMT, SDD and MMRR are not eticket rides. More likely D...arguably C
Maaaaaybe D, definitely not C IMO. One of the biggest factors in determining the level was popularity, and those rides are usually the longest lines in their parks. Not about the biggest/best ride. Also newness was a big factor, and those are mostly all pretty new.

Maaaaaybe D, definitely not C IMO. One of the biggest factors in determining the level was popularity, and those rides are usually the longest lines in their parks. Not about the biggest/best ride. Also newness was a big factor, and those are mostly all pretty new.

Id say SDMT is. D borderline E, SDD is a solid D, MMRR is cute, but its a C borderline D
Also think about the ride it replaced which was a B

What the heck is your definition of E ticket ride if SDMT, FOP, ROTR, SDD, MMRR aren't? The amount they have built in the last 10 years even is insane. With even more coming. The last 5-ish years have been by far the best years of WDW for me. Also cool that you seem to know Walt so well to know what he would want right now.

no I’m not a fan if the current IP cramdown, and the reason is it dates attractions causing them to become old and stale before their time. That the problem with Universal, Jimmy Fallon. Who is that ??? But the subject of one of their E ticket rides

SDMT is a solid D ticket, could have been the first E ticket since EE if it had been built the way Imagineering wanted to (more show scenes, 3x longer track) but TDO insisted on cheapest possible version.

FOP since it’s essentially the Soarin ride system, Once again a solid D ticket.

RoTR - i give simulator based rides no higher than a C ticket my opinion but a simulator with a fancy shell is still a simulator. Mission Space in same class even though its one of my favorites.

MMRR - a screen based attraction B ticket at best. Replacing the D ticket GMR

TRON is really the only E ticket Disney has added to WDW in 20 years and who knows how long that ride will be delayed.

Remember a E ticket is the very best Disney has to offer and E tickets have huge scale as well as innovative ride mechanics. HM is a E, PoTC also, Jungle Cruise.

no I’m not a fan if the current IP cramdown, and the reason is it dates attractions causing them to become old and stale before their time. That the problem with Universal, Jimmy Fallon. Who is that ??? But the subject of one of their E ticket rides

SDMT is a solid D ticket, could have been the first E ticket since EE if it had been built the way Imagineering wanted to (more show scenes, 3x longer track) but TDO insisted on cheapest possible version.

RoTR - i give simulator based rides no higher than a C ticket my opinion but a simulator with a fancy shell is still a simulator. Mission Space in same class even though its one of my favorites.

TRON is really the only E ticket Disney has added to WDW in 20 years and who knows how long that ride will be delayed.

Remember a E ticket is the very best Disney has to offer and E tickets have huge scale as well as innovative ride mechanics. HM is a E, PoTC also, Jungle Cruise.

Ok...gmr is a D ticket? I cant take you seriously!

FOP’s ride system is the motorcycle equivalent of the Simpsons ride at USO. ROTR is a trackless ride like MMRR, it’s not a motion simulator. You should check them out sometime.

So you consider Race Through NY with Jimmy Fallon an E-ticket ride but not FoP, SDMT, MMRR, RotR? I disagree to say the least.

Also, RotR is not a motion simulator. It's hard to argue that RotR isn't an E-ticket attraction. You may not personally care for it (or the IP attached to it), but from purely an attraction standpoint, it is the very definition of a headliner E-ticket attraction, which is why it's so popular.

Ok...gmr is a D ticket? I cant take you seriously!

GMR was certainly intended as an E ticket, the number of show scenes, The witch was the first A-100 audioanimatronic, The Alien scene was pretty darn good. Even the automated mibile seating was state of the art

When was the last time you went to WDW? Why won’t you answer this question?

What is the most recent “new” ride you have actually ridden yourself?

It’s so obvious you haven’t gone on many of these rides. For example ... FOP is NOT based the Soarin’ ride system. ROTR is ... not a simulator - are you mixing it up with Smuggler’s Run?

Last edited:

Ignoring the incorrect description/categorization of rides here... ROTR and FOP are clearly E-Tickets. Arguing otherwise is laughable, and robs your argument of any credibility. Just because you don't like an attraction doesn't mean it's not an E-Ticket.

Edit: Also, The Jimmy Fallon ride is nowhere near being an E-Ticket ride.

So you consider Race Through NY with Jimmy Fallon an E-ticket ride but not FoP, SDMT, MMRR, RotR? I disagree to say the least.

Also, RotR is not a motion simulator. It's hard to argue that RotR isn't an E-ticket attraction. You may not personally care for it (or the IP attached to it), but from purely an attraction standpoint, it is the very definition of a headliner E-ticket attraction, which is why it's so popular.

Universal considers Fallon a E ticket, personally it’s a C borderline D. its already dated because of the Fallon linkage, It’s predecessor’Twister’ B ticket but a much more evergreen ride because it was about the experience rather than the IP

Ok, can't take you seriously with these incredibly inaccurate descriptions of these rides. Have you even ridden them before? Obviously the answer is no. But, at least 3 of those rides fit your definition in the last sentence exactly. Huge scale, incredibly innovative ride experiences, and very popular.
ETA: How on Earth are you comparing ROTR to Mission Space??? Like what?

Last edited:

I agree with most of this and Disney does have a track record of downscaling rides due to cost. Even Tron is just a clone and the ride length is quite short compared to similar experiences like Hagrid's. RoTR, however, I'd have to disagree with. It is exactly what you describe an E ticket attraction to be, huge scale and innovative.

Last edited:
Yes it is but Disney’s new model is about well to do ‘One and Done’ customers because that class of customer spends far more money than a ‘repeat’ customer. This type of guest is also easier to satisfy as they dont have memories of past visits. They only see whats in front of them at this moment in time.

This is legit one of the dumbest ways of running a business. And Disney is not driving this way unless they are run by total idiots.

Ok, can't take you seriously with these incredibly inaccurate descriptions of these rides. Have you even ridden them before? Obviously the answer is no. But, at least 3 of those rides fit your definition in the last sentence exactly. Huge scale, incredibly innovative ride experiences, and very popular.
ETA: How on Earth are you comparing ROTR to Mission Space??? Like what?

To some extent I think your enthusiasm for the IP makes the ride an E ticket, I don’t care for Star Wars. I’ve spent way too much time in simulators to maintain flight currency to want to do one for ‘fun’.

This is legit one of the dumbest ways of running a business. And Disney is not driving this way unless they are run by total idiots.

Disney is not run by idiots, however it is run by number crunchers and they have found that ‘one and done guests’ are most profitable in the quarter ly time frame. So since they are only thinking about the next quarter they want this type of guest only

in reality say over 5 years a DVC member or AP holder is far more profitable overall but their type of business does not generate the quarterly bonuses.

To some extent I think your enthusiasm for the IP makes the ride an E ticket, I don’t care for Star Wars. I’ve spent way too much time in simulators to maintain flight currency to want to do one for ‘fun’.

Disney is not run by idiots, however it is run by number crunchers and they have found that ‘one and done guests’ are most profitable in the quarter ly time frame. So since they are only thinking about the next quarter they want this type of guest only

in reality say over 5 years a DVC member or AP holder is far more profitable overall but their type of business does not generate the quarterly bonuses.
ROTR IS NOT A SIMULATOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you keep saying that? Or what part of that do you not seem to be understanding?

ETA: And I'm a casual Star Wars fan, and absolutely hated Avatar. So that has zero to do with my opinions. FOP and ROTR are 100% E-ticket rides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter