• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Bringing Salad to Work

How big is the container you are using. Tupperware has something that could work for you (it is pricey) but it holds 6 1/3 cups. It also includes a container for your salad dressing.

http://order.tupperware.com/coe/app...tegory_code=10201&fv_item_number=P10050496000

I have 2 of these and love, love, love them! :love: I had a party and these were part of my free merchandise. I haven't seen anything else on the market where everything, including utensils are right there attached.

Another thing that works nicely, especially when watching your weight, is to dip the fork into the dressing, then get a bunch of salad on the fork, and eat it.

I was going to suggest the Fit and Fresh, they have them at Walmart and Target. This time of year I'm sure they'd be pretty easy to find. The trick for me as far as all lettuce having dressing is to cut it up after adding the dressing then stir.

The lettuce doesn't have dressing on it.
Layer one: dressing
Layer two: sliced vegetables
Layer three: chopped vegetables
Layer four: whole vegetables (e.g. snap peas)
Layer five: different sliced vegetables
Top 2/3 of jar: greens
Cover, place carefully in refrigerator upright.

Transport upright to dining location; ensure lid is secure; invert; shake thoroughly.

I put my salad in one of those big zip lock bags. When I add the dressing, I shake,shake, shake and then pour it all out into a big bowl. Works like a charm.

Good simple solution.:thumbsup2

dried cranberries are great on salad.

and I know you said veggies - but some tofu can add texture and protein without too many calories!

Not exactly healthy fruits/veggies, but I like to add a bit of chopped up green olive or a few pickled yellow pepper rings. You only need a small amount of these to add a lot of flavor.
I also sometimes use a pinch of a really good quality cracked black pepper.

Like others have said, fruit -- mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, raisins, apples, pears, etc. are great. Also, sunflower seeds.

Make sure you get protein, though -- it will fill you up more. I like feta cheese -- one tablespoon goes a long way and doesn't add that much more, or cutting up some turkey or chicken and adding it.

Like others have said, fruit -- mandarin oranges, dried cranberries, raisins, apples, pears, etc. are great. Also, sunflower seeds.

Make sure you get protein, though -- it will fill you up more. I like feta cheese -- one tablespoon goes a long way and doesn't add that much more, or cutting up some turkey or chicken and adding it.

Tasty suggestions. But all banned by my Doctor.......which is why I am eating some many salads now. Broccoli is apparently the only safe food!

Salad Toppers that I like. Not all at the same time! :) I love salad - so many possibilities.

Strawberries
Poppy Seeds
Sunflower Seeds
Red Onion
Grated Carrots
Cucumber
Olives
Slivered Almonds
Dried Fruits
Apples
Pears
Salsa
Artichokes
Beans
Edamame
Grapes
Crumbled hard boiled eggs
Blue cheese or Gorgonzola crumbles
tomatoes
tuna
shrimp
blackened chicken
chick peas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter