Bringing Salad to Work

Friend of a Mouse

Braille: To touch words and have them touch you ba
As part of Jenny Craig and being healthier, I have been bringing a salad to work with me. I normally pack that dressing separately as when I put the dressing in this summer, by the time i ate the sald would be half its size and kind of liquidy. Here's my "problem": I tend to pakc the container fairly full, so I can't get the dressing mixed up very well. I am using whatever container I can find, so some of them are a tight fit to get the proper serving size. When I tried transferring to the plate I keep at work, it didn't fit! I'm wondering if there is a container that you like to carry salad in that will get the dressing and ingredients mixed up in? I might try putting the dressing in again since my summer job was out doors in a hundred degee heat, maybe I won't have that problem now that I am working indoors.

It's not a huge deal, just a litle annoying when half m salad has a lot of dressing and the other half has none.

dip your salad in the dressing as you eat or pour some dressing on..eat that and then pour some more....

I use a Rubbermaid that holds my salad and has a little extra room. Add dressing, close again, and shake shake shake!

I put my salad in one of those big zip lock bags. When I add the dressing, I shake,shake, shake and then pour it all out into a big bowl. Works like a charm.

thanks for the ideas! I really like the ziploc bag one, I will try that.

dip your salad in the dressing as you eat or pour some dressing on..eat that and then pour some more....

This is what I do. I am on Weight Watchers and find that this method means I actually eat less dressing.

I definitely wouldn't put the dressing on when you make the salad. No matter the temp, it will make the salad mushy.

If it was me I would just bring a bottle of salad dressing with me and leave it at work.

This is what I do. I am on Weight Watchers and find that this method means I actually eat less dressing.

I definitely wouldn't put the dressing on when you make the salad. No matter the temp, it will make the salad mushy.

I do this too. Dip and dress as you go. Way less dressing needed this way.

If it was me I would just bring a bottle of salad dressing with me and leave it at work.

I used to do that, but I dont' any more since I'm sure I'm putting on more than I intend if I put it on directly. Plus, sometimes I would get distracted and forget to put in the fridge which is a few doors away and would end up having to throw it out.

I did this in the old days when I used to eat a creamy type dressing. Now I use balsamic vinegar, spices and the tiniest bit of olive oil, so it doesn't "stick" to the fork. It's not many calories though so I don't mind shaking it on.

I use these. I eat salad everyday at work for lunch. I make it the night before, put the dressing on it then. I turn it upside down about 5 minutes before lunch to mix up the dressing. I eat right out of the container.
51vtuHc2xbL._SL500_AA300_PIbundle-6,TopRight,0,0_AA300_SH20_.jpg

I use square rubbermaids or ziplock containers. I was having issues with my dressing too until one of my co-workers grabbed my salad, dumped in the dressing, closed it up, and really SHOOK it. She said they key was the emphatic shaking (which, hey, burns extra calories!) - and she was right, they are perfect now! :rotfl:

Thanks for all of the replies! I knew that this was a stupid question so I almost didn't post it, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes it's hard to think of thigns that are outside your normal routine.

3 cups of lettuce is the serving size. The problem with bigger containers is getting them to fit in my lunch kit as well as my lunch and fruit for snacks. (I also occasionally bring my breakfast and eat it during my morning plan time). I tend to add sliced up peppers, and my new favorite is purple snap peas. I use the light dressing like a pp, so a lot of times it doesn't stick to the fork.

We have an assortment of gladware/ziploc/ and tupperware, so I grab whatever is available. I like the idea of putting the dressing in that day and then turning it upside down. I never would have thought of that. I also like the layering idea in a jar that somebody suggested.

I also like the tupperware container, something like that was exactly what I was thinking of. I had tried looking on Target's website, but nothing came up.

Ok, next question:

What are your favorite salad toppings? I'm always looking to try new things so it doesn't get boring. Right now it's mostly spinach or dark leafy greens with cut up peppers and snap peas. I'm trying to just stick to veggies and/or fruit. No croutons, cheese, etc.

I put my dressing in a separate sandwich bag, then when it's time to eat, put my salad on the plate and snip a teeny corner off the bag and drizzle it on. Each to get decent distribution without a ton of dressing.

As for toppings, if you're allowed, sunflower seeds are great for some crunch, you can also go with a sweet salad so throw on some grapes or orange sections.

I use a Rubbermaid that holds my salad and has a little extra room. Add dressing, close again, and shake shake shake!
Me too!

I put my salad in one of those big zip lock bags. When I add the dressing, I shake,shake, shake and then pour it all out into a big bowl. Works like a charm.

:thumbsup2 I like this idea!

Have you thought of buying the spray on salad dressing? It is so few calories like 20 calories per serving. You can leave it at work like another poster suggested. It is really good.

http://www.wish-bone.com/Dressings/1807/Balsamic-Breeze-Vinaigrette.aspx

Thanks for all of the replies! I knew that this was a stupid question so I almost didn't post it, but I'm glad I did. Sometimes it's hard to think of thigns that are outside your normal routine.

3 cups of lettuce is the serving size. The problem with bigger containers is getting them to fit in my lunch kit as well as my lunch and fruit for snacks. (I also occasionally bring my breakfast and eat it during my morning plan time). I tend to add sliced up peppers, and my new favorite is purple snap peas. I use the light dressing like a pp, so a lot of times it doesn't stick to the fork.

We have an assortment of gladware/ziploc/ and tupperware, so I grab whatever is available. I like the idea of putting the dressing in that day and then turning it upside down. I never would have thought of that. I also like the layering idea in a jar that somebody suggested.

I also like the tupperware container, something like that was exactly what I was thinking of. I had tried looking on Target's website, but nothing came up.

Ok, next question:

What are your favorite salad toppings? I'm always looking to try new things so it doesn't get boring. Right now it's mostly spinach or dark leafy greens with cut up peppers and snap peas. I'm trying to just stick to veggies and/or fruit. No croutons, cheese, etc.

Craisins, pine nuts, roasted pepper, artichokes, mushrooms, shaved carrot, sliced celery, apple, pear, or Mandarin orange.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter