Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show worth a visit?

bluegirl

Mouseketeer
Good morning all DD and myself are going for a break in March and we were thinking of going to see the wild west show I beleive she can go free providing i book and pay for the tickets before we go.
Has any body been and if so whats the general concensus? :earboy2:

I have been twice. I think its great as everyone joins in. It is a little expensive but you do get your food & drink included.

Nikki

Went in the summer for first time, as always thought it expensive.
Have to say the whole family (3 children plus grannie and grandad) all thought it an excellent nights entertainment.

Would have no hesitation in going back :)

Reid

we have just been for the third time, it's a thoroughly enjoyable night if you get into the spirit of the thing.

Charmed
*quickly hiding photos of self banging pans in air and shouting yeeehaaaaa*

Should we buy tickets for Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show ahead of time (from the US)? Is there any advantage in doing so, such as better seats or better pricing? Or should we wait until we're in Paris, or even until right before the show?

Unles your travel agent offers you a deal (which they often will in the UK) the tickets are the smae price. However we once left it until we were there and the show was sold out. In fact it's been full everytime we've been so I would book in advance. If you are staying at a Disney hotel they just add it onto your bill and you get the tickets when you check in
HTH
Charmed :rockband:

We'd like to do this when we go in June.

DS1 will be 3 1/2. but DS 2 will only be 17 months.
Do you think it would be too loud or scary for the little one ?

Our youngest was 2 1/2 when we went in summer. Main difficulty with baby is seating arrangements. As you are on a long bench table I don't think there would be space on your lap and whether little one could kneel on seat?

Reid

Thanks Reid :D

Hopefully he will be able to sit alone by then.
My main concern is whether its too noisy/scary for him.

Last time we went, DS 1 (who was 20 months at the time) was a little scared during some parts of The Moteuers stunt show.
He was okay after a bit though so we didn't have to leave.

I don't want to have to end up leaving Buff Bill's because the tickets are so expensive.

We really enjoyed this show, think we still have the cowboy hats in a cupboard somewhere!!

KAC

Hi,

something you have to notice about the show! If you are allergical against dust or animals it will be horrible for you :guilty: My husband took two tablets instead of one before the show but forgot his asthma inhaler spray at the car. After 20 minutes his could not breath well.

The food was okay but not that good and the only drinks that were served were beer, Cola, Fanta and water.

IMHO its nice to see it once.

Greets Renate

Thankyou for that renate but that should not be a problem for us as we are not taking my husband who is very ashmatic and wouldn't last the first 5 mins. :flower1:

It seemed like a good idea...

I wanted to make reservations for Buffalo Bill's Wild West dinner show. I called 011 (+33 1) 60 30 60 81, which is the USA number in the Disneyland Paris brochure.

Over the course of almost a half hour, I spoke to three people. Each time, I asked, "Parlez-vous anglais?" The first person spoke English, but could only handle room reservations. So I was transfered to someone else.

After some time on hold, the second person, who also spoke English, asked me the date and the number the people, but made a point of asking if I was staying at a Disney resort. (We're staying at the Marriott Vacation Club at Golf Disneyland, but that doesn't count as on-site.) He put me on hold.

After a while, a third person answered. Again, I asked, "Parlez-vous anglais?" She answered, "Non." In English, I asked for someone who could help me. This time I was on hold a long, long time, listening to really annoying music. I finally gave up and hung up.

I don't think I want to go through this again.

How far ahead does Buffalo Bill sell out for a Saturday evening show? How are seats assigned? Can I just go to the venue a week early and take care of it then? Or will I then get bad seats (or no seats)?

Any guidance would be very appreciated.

I wouldn't recommend Buffalo Bill's. It was an enjoyable evening, but for the amount we payed, it wasn't worth it at all.

The food was quite poor, it wasn't particularly well done, I remember the chicken was very dry, and the bread was stale and had clearly been left over from a previous show.

The show was a lot shorter than we'd expected, and very predictable and repetitive. The Annie Oakley section in particular was so clearly fake that the whole section was just rolling their eyes at eachother.

Perhaps I didn't like it because I didn't recently the Hoop Dee Doo at WDW, and the two shows are very similar in terms of food and theme, and Buffalo Bill's was very poor in comparison.

We enjoyed Buffalo Bill's and thought it was worth a visit but only the first time we went. It is however an American format so (if I'm correct that you're in the States) it'll be nothing new to you. I'm sorry you had such trouble with the telephone staff - it can be extremely annoying especially as you're trying to give them money!! I don't think you actually get a seat number when you book - as far as I can recall (though I may be mistaken) everyone is let in at the same time and you are just allocated a colour so you know which section you're in - so you wouldn't get better seats by booking ahead.

We have been to the Buffalo Bill Show twice.
The first time we all really enjoyed it.The food was great,drinks were topped up frequently and the show was unlike anything we had seen before.
However last time we went we got there about 10 minutes before the start so were seated on the top tier.This meant we were served our food last and it was stone cold.I asked for replacements which were grudgingly given but they were also cold.Complained and was told that was all that was left.So it was a case of like it or lump it.
I understand that they are catering for a huge number of people but for the amount of money we paid I expected better.
The boys loved the show all the same but we had to find somewhere to eat after the show as we were all still hungry.
I think the lesson is get there early to secure a good seat both for the view and the chance of getting a hot meal!

We saw this show about seven years ago and were quite impressed. To see a herd of buffalo suddenly appear in the arena, well, you had to be there. I recall the food as being better than HDD, and they are certainly IMHO not similarly themed: Buffalo Bill's had animals, LOTS of animals. I also enjoyed that it was based on the original Buffalo Bill show that used to tour the country, the one with Annie Oakley and Sitting Bull.
I wonder how it compares (in scale) to other livestock shows like "Dixie Stampede" or "Medieval Times." Is there anyone who can compare these?

I went to the Dixie Stampede in Orlando in 2003 and was completely amazed and thoroughly impressed by everything in it - it was excellent in all respects. Buffalo Bill's is similar but nowhere near as good IMO but, if you haven't been "spoiled" by the Dixie Stampede, I would say BB's will impress you and you'll have a good evening.

That might have been my problem, tmp, my sister's in a wheelchair so we were seated right at the back. We didn't have a great view, so didn't feel much a part of the action, and, as you said, were served last.

With regards to the similar theming, I simply meant that they both had a Western theme, set in the same sort of era. It was enough for me :rolleyes:

Suzi - I'm so envious of your upcoming trip to DL etc. We're doing the same but I've got to wait till August!! Do tell us all about it when you get back! Have a great time! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter