"But Disney is 4 Lovers, Too!" (with PICS!) - I'm Back, but does anyone care? :)

TheLastPrincess

It's OK. I'm obsessed too.
:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

Hello, fellow Disney fans! Grab some popcorn:: , have a seat, and introduce yourself! Want me to go first? OK. We'll start with the preliminary of the preliminaries.

1. My name is Colleen.
2. I have been to WDW 8 times.
3. I recently married my husband, Andy, on June 2.
4. I am not a self-proclaimed Disney Princess.
5. I happen to LOVE cheese.

This is my Honeymoon Pre-Trip Report.

But...I need a name! I sat here for WAY too long trying to come up with a catchy name. And I am not in the business of copying someone else's ideas, but it was just such a GOOD idea that I couldn't help myself. Please forgive me. Better yet, just help me pick a name and get it over with.

THE CONTENDERS:

1. TheLast(Disney)Princess Gets Her Wish
What IS her wish? you ask. Is it to get lots of pixie dust on said honeymoon? Is it to win something from the Year of a Million Dreams? Actually, my wish has already been granted. I got my DH to agree to a Disney Honeymoon, thanks to the Disney Proposal that set it off.

2. Aw Man! That Stinkin' Mouse Took All Our Money!
This is a funny thing I say in a Strong Bad voice whenever I sing something from "Wishes." I'll say, "I wish I could go to the ball!" Then, "I'm wishing...someday my prince will come!" And finally, Strong Bad voice says, "I'm wishing I was playing better video games. Aw man! That stinkin' mouse took all my money!" It makes my DH laugh. We are both Strong Bad fans.

3. How To Convert The Anti-Disney World
It's not easy. In fact, it's almost impossible to win on your own. Some people will ALWAYS believe that WDW is just a glorified kiddie theme park. Sadly, my DH did. There was a time when he absolutely flat out refused to go there on our honeymoon. "There are kids all over the place!" he'd say. It didn't matter how much I tried to make him see my point. It took Disney himself to change his mind. Now, all I need to do is completely convert him to the Dark Side....I mean Disney Side. ;)

4. "But Disney is 4 Lovers, Too! Not Just Kids!"
This correlates to above description, and is something I probably said at one time to prove my point.

NEXT UP:

INTRODUCTIONS (cont.)

The voting begins...

NOW! :hyper:

Click here to Get to Know Me a Little (post #18)
Just Who is this DH person I'm dragging to WDW with me? (post #54)
How a Loyal Disneyite Married a Guy Who's....Not(post #74)
Dreams DO Come True - How DH Became a Disneyite (post #91)
What you REALLY came here for.....ITINERARY & ADRs!!! (post #107)
How I Became a "Disney Princess" (post #120)
The Coolest Disney Cast Member in "The World" (post #138)
The Disney Haters Got Me Down! (post #148)
A Mini-Update with Disney Pics (post #155)
How a Disney Princess Starts Her Day (post #236)
2 DAYS LEFT! (post #277)
ONE DAY WARNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (post #293)

Woohoo!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I'm the first one. I usually catch trip reports in the middle and have to play catch up.

I'm glad to be starting out at the beginning this time ;)

First of all, congratulations on getting married!! :goodvibes
second of all, YAY for a Disneymoon!!!! :yay: :yay: My DH and I had a Disneymoon in '03. It was the best ever!! We hear a lot of people say they wish they had gone to Disney World for their Honeymoon. You guys will have a GREAT time!! Might I recomend the carriage ride at Fort Wilderness for ya'll? My DH and I did that and it was so romantic and fun :)

Anyways, I vote for title #4 because I agree 100%. In fact, DH and I have had many trips together to disney world since our honeymoon and we've had a great time each and every time. You don't even notice all the kids there. We always just focus on eachother and we focus on having a magical time at Disney which is not hard to do at all. They have lots of romantic things for couples to do as well. :cloud9:

I can't wait to read more!popcorn::

Congratulations again! :goodvibes

Congratulations!! I am going to have to go back and read your proposal story.

I will have to pick 4 also. I like #2 because it is soooo true. But 4 suits you better.

Well what do you know Fauntleroy has given someone an idea. Glad you were able to get an idea from us. It is a good way to get people involved early and they can usually pick out the best titles for you.

I read your engagment, it was very cool. :thumbsup2

I love the choices for the report, but unlike everyone else number 2 caught my eye. I though it was funny, but I have seen some titles kinda like that and they do not get many responses, So if you are going for that, I think that number 4 would be good, but you should also add "with Pics" on the end. That is if you are planning on posting pics, people like to read reports with pictures.

Have a good day, and hope you get an awesome title.

You should put in your signature somewhere that you are having a vote for the name of your trip report.

I say #4 as it suits the mood of the trip.

I read your proposal story and it is very romantic. You are one lucky girl!

Well what do you know Fauntleroy has given someone an idea. Glad you were able to get an idea from us. It is a good way to get people involved early and they can usually pick out the best titles for you.

I read your engagment, it was very cool. :thumbsup2

I love the choices for the report, but unlike everyone else number 2 caught my eye. I though it was funny, but I have seen some titles kinda like that and they do not get many responses, So if you are going for that, I think that number 4 would be good, but you should also add "with Pics" on the end. That is if you are planning on posting pics, people like to read reports with pictures.

Have a good day, and hope you get an awesome title.

You should put in your signature somewhere that you are having a vote for the name of your trip report.

Hey, thanks!!!!! You totally rock! Great ideas! Hopefully this Pre-TR will be on par with yours and the rest of the awesome ones.

Hey, thanks!!!!! You totally rock! Great ideas! Hopefully this Pre-TR will be on par with yours and the rest of the awesome ones.

No problem, I see you added the voting to your signature. Then when you close down the voting, and have a winner, you need to announce it, that way people will come running. Another good way to make sure yours is a hit, is to read others that have reports and post on theres and get into there trip. They will usually come over and return the favor and you might get some other people from there report to visit you as well.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsup2

:wave2: I'm here! As much as I think #2 is VERY funny...I hate to think of Disney that way. I'd rather forget that fact that I'm spending money and just enjoy it! So, with that said, my vote is for #4. And congrats on your marriage AND getting your hubby to go to WDW!

Oh and you seem a lot like me so I'm thinking I should convert you to the dark side...hehehe shoot me a PM and I'll explain

I like the first one... it did not take much convincing to get my DF to say yes... he suggested it!

I vote #4 and I am IN! I read your proposal quite awhile back and was in tears! Can't wait to read all about the honeymoon trip. I agree with FauntleroyFAN. Post elsewhere like crazy and people will see your signature link and it'll catch on much better then just leaving it out there in trippie land. But as far as I am concerned you already have a pretty good posting group here already with Leger, Cherbear, FauntleroyFAN, ME OF COURSE!, and hopefully we can pull DD and others over here also :) Let's work on that!

Hey, wow, check out all the support! You guys rock! :thumbsup2

MissMichelle....yes, great idea, I will post like a fiend. It's so much fun to get feedback! Thanks for being a fan! Us Disney Girls need to stick together!

Blueeyes....thanks so much for your vote and reading the proposal story! I love that story, too!:goodvibes

Mariacj.....Thanks for your vote! And congrats on getting a DF who "suggests" Disney! How awesome! I, too, hope that someday my DH will "suggest" Disney to me.

Nicole.....I'm working on my next post in just a few moments! I'll have it up here in no time! Hakuna matata! :cool2:

Disney100....I see the HSM monster has you in its clutches! Bwahaha! Thanks for stopping by!

And thanks to all who have stopped by to read this little Honeymoon Pre-Trip. It's going to be a fun ride!

okay, after hearing all the rave about the proposal story I'm gonna have to go back and read it. I'm almost getting to have too many threads to keep up with :rotfl2:

So my name is Colleen. But WHO AM I? How do I distinguish myself against 6 billion+ humans living on this Spaceship Earth?! (sorry...couldn't resist).

2814940070083534261S200x200Q85.jpg

That's my face.

Here are 2 of my alter egos:
2933018060083534261S200x200Q85.jpg
2609034740083534261S200x200Q85.jpg

2383933650083534261tZDqBT_th.jpg

How many years I've spent in a perpetual dreamworld (not counting the womb).

Medical Transcriptionist. There is no pretty picture for my career.​

Hobbies:

Or Other Useless Facts You Probably Won't Remember Later:

1. I am rarely caught without A Book, in fact, I even read while driving. This is a very bad habit. I should seriously invest in some audio books. And the thing is, I don't even read for my age group. I enjoy fantastical stories of young persons doing fantastical things. For example, I just recently read The Kingdom Keepers and Peter and the Starcatchers. Books about adults written today BORE me. This is not to say I don't enjoy a good old-fashioned L.M. Montgomery book, however.

2. I once was a writer. I have recently gotten myself into a 5-year-old proverbial writing rut. I used to write in a frenzy. I was hungry to read stories of my own imagining. Sadly, writing has taken the backseat. I lost my edge. I'm waiting to get it back.

3. I love cartoons. Mostly Disney-made. I grew up during the Disney Renaissance of the 90s, and cut my teeth on the Disney Afternoons. Nowadays, I love me some Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. It's pretty hilarious for a kid's show. My DH and I watch it together. My DH is sort of like the Mac to my Bloo.

4. I have somehow ceased to age beyond the mental age of 8. I cannot grow up. I willed myself not to when I was a kid, and I must have gotten into some pixie dust or something, because try as I might, the progression to being obsessed with pedicures, manicures, Gossip Girl, and Cover Girl just never happened. I was out climbing trees, creating new worlds, and holding on to my youth for as long as possible. I TRIED those other things, but they totally cramped my kid-style. My brothers and I have this in common. My parents never insisted we "grow out of" something. Thankfully, I married someone who GOT me.

5. I love cheese. I put cheese on almost everything. Except cereal. And coffee.

NEXT UP:

..........INTRODUCING THE DH (dun dun DUN)​

So my name is Colleen. But WHO AM I? How do I distinguish myself against 6 billion+ humans living on this Spaceship Earth?! (sorry...couldn't resist).
:lmao:

1. I am rarely caught without A Book, in fact, I even read while driving. This is a very bad habit. I should seriously invest in some audio books. And the thing is, I don't even read for my age group. I enjoy fantastical stories of young persons doing fantastical things. For example, I just recently read The Kingdom Keepers and Peter and the Starcatchers. Books about adults written today BORE me. This is not to say I don't enjoy a good old-fashioned L.M. Montgomery book, however.

I am the same way! I love to read all sorts of books and I am not ashamed to enjoy a book aimed at children, they can be great fun. I mostly read fantasy but I also have a great love of classic literature.

3. I love cartoons. Mostly Disney-made. I grew up during the Disney Renaissance of the 90s, and cut my teeth on the Disney Afternoons.

We are around the same age so I grew up with those shows too. We have all of them on DVD. I jump on the elliptical and watch Duck Tales while doing my workout:thumbsup2

5. I love cheese. I put cheese on almost everything.

Yet another thing we have in common:lmao:

Your wedding photos on your other thread are beautiful! I love the gowns--both yours and the bridesmaids.

I did most of my schooling for medical transciption and then----(and I hate this word) QUIT. I just wasn't for me...I wish it was since I loved all the "medical" aspect of it--but my head would hurt after a few hours online and I knew it would only get worse.

Can't wait to read more. and I hear you about the cheese, I am a cheese lover also..but I am choosy what I put it on--afterall, I don't want to ruin the cheese ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter