"But Disney is 4 Lovers, Too!" (with PICS!) - I'm Back, but does anyone care? :)

Hello Princess...

I know you are in the Kingdom haveing a blast!!!

We leave in The Morning!!!

Hope we see you in the Magic Kingdom!!!

:cool1:

just saw that you went on your trip with a clean bill of health! :dance3: I'm really glad to hear that!! I still haven't run into you at all. :confused3 Hope you are having a blast just like me! Can't wait to read your TR! :cool1:

A big welcome to all joining us. Now, as we gather round the fire, like so many before us, let me tell you a little bit about our Disneymoon...my first Disney Vacation without my parents!

(Surprisingly that makes me :sad: as much as it makes me :banana: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

I waited until April to book it. Can anyone say FREE DDP? :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Aforementioned Free DDP led me to realize we didn't have to stay at a Moderate. Not that there's anything wrong with Moderates. I am fully a fan of POFQ. I would even stay at CSR. I am rather ashamed to admit it, but I am a Deluxe Snob.:snooty: There is a legitimate reason for this, though, which I will explain further in another post.

So with all the money we're saving by getting free food, it wouldn't hurt us to bump up to a deluxe. The cheapest one. In the cheapest room. That, ladies and gentlemen, is:

2008614200083534261S425x425Q85.jpg

Animal Kingdom Lodge. Standard room.

September 14-23. 9 nights. 10-day MYW + Park Hopper + Water Park & More.

My DH couldn't care less where we stayed. "Isn't it just like any old hotel room?" he'd say.

He has much to learn.

So I showed him pictures of AKL. "Lookee, lookee! Isn't it pretty? Isn't it cool?" Hoping to get him excited.

2261130970083534261S600x600Q85.jpg

The most exciting thing to him, I learned, was when I told him that the smells of Boma lingered in the lobby. I will never understand a man's obsession with food.

2772923200083534261S425x425Q85.jpg

He did say he would have liked to stay at a Monorail resort, but no way would he ever spend that kind of money. And I kind of have to agree with him there. It's like, $1,000 more. That's $1,000 we could spend at WDW. Maybe someday in the distant future, we will stay at my "castle," the GF. But for now, we can't sleep in its heavenly beds, we can only sink our toes in its fake sand.

2209108300083534261S600x600Q85.jpg

So the AKL was a nice alternative. WL would have been nice, too, even preferred, but "beggars can't be choosers." No standard rooms available with free DDP. Not even woods view. I am told I will love staying at AKL. We'll see if that proves true even in spite of the ongoing construction. It IS a Deluxe, after all.

ITINERARY & ADRs

FRI, SEPT 14

ARRIVAL AT AKL: Late morning, according to what Magical Express tells us.

The first thing my DH wants to do is get one of the those Pineapple Dole Whips he had last time at MK. So we'll hit the MK first for a little bit, maybe grab some lunch there, then I figure we can go wherever. Fantasmic? Illuminations? The possibilities are endless!

SAT, SEPT 15

Epcot - World Showcase

7:30 Dinner at Le Cellier

Illuminations: Reflections of Earth (if we haven't already seen it)

SUN, SEPT 16

Water Park? DTD?

5:00 Dinner at Ohana.

MON, SEPT 17

Magic Kingdom Day!

JYESS! I snagged a 5:20 CRT reservation for dinner!

SpectroMagic and Wishes!

TUES, SEPT 18

Epcot - Future World

4:50 Dinner at Coral Reef (I've heard the food isn't that great, but ever since DH saw the episode of "Boy Meets World" where Cory and Topanga go to WDW, he has wanted to eat there! DH gets what he wants, and we can blame HIM if the food is blah!)

WED, SEPT 19

Animal Kingdom

6:20 Dinner at Boma

THURS, SEPT 20

"The Studios" & Faaaaaaannnntasmic!

FRI, SEPT 21

Water Park? DTD?

7:00 Dinner at Marrakesh

SAT, SEPT 22

MK again?

5:30 Dinner at Narcoossee's

SUN, SEPT 23

Probably spend the last day wandering the streets of MK, utterly depressed.

:dance3: YAY!!!!!!!!!! 24 days to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:dance3:

Ok, according to your itinerary, you have been home for a week, and have given us NO NEWS!!!

Is everything ok? Where you at, chickie?

You're another one we were looking for. We thought you were MIA!

Well MIA was a pretty apt term actually. I work at a community college and Fall term started on the 24th. The weeks leading up to and the first week of fall are literally the busiest time of the year for me and my IT gremlins :scared1:

I've been upgrading servers and switches and trying to make sure everything was talking properly on the network and have built up about 40hrs of comp time in the past 3 weeks. Now I just need things to slow down enough to take the time off ;)

:welcome: BACK!!! Somehow I did not get an email notice that you posted. But I was busy deleting old subscriptions and noticed you came back. Yes we do care and can't wait to hear about your trip!

Been patiently waiting!:banana:

Sigh. OK. YES.

I am back.

Please forgive me. I've been very sick, and we've moved, and chaos....blech. But never fear....I think I shall start a new thread, yes?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter