Butcher messed up royally........we have 300 lbs of hamburg from

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
the moose my husband and son got a few weeks back.........any ideas besides the usual......meatloaf.....meatballs......american cho suey.....spaghetti sauce........YIKES>>>>>.sending out hamburg to all my relatives also....ROFLplus I got my deer last saturday......

Hey everyone chili and vension roast at Pumba's!!!! Yipee!

I'd be sooo mad! I love moose but 300lbs. of ground is just a little much. We use ground venison where ever a recipe calls for ground beef, soups, chili, etc. Can you do moose that way?

Congrats on the deer! FIL has two in the freezer waiting on us! And DF is going moose hunting the first full week of November so hopefully we'll have moose jerky for Christmas!

Good luck using all the ground Bullwinkle!

TK

Here's a recipe that is one of my family's favourites. We use the beef, but you could use moose.
Sweet and Sour Beef
1lb. ground beef
1 small green pepper, cut in strips
1 medium onion, chopped
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. cornstarch
1/4cup vinegar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 can pineapple chunks

Cook beef until lightly browned. Add the green pepper and onion and saute, stirring often, until just tender. Blend together remaining ingredients, except the chunks, and stir sauce into beef and cook, stirring, until thickened. Add pineapple and heat through.

How about Cottage Pie from the UK in EPCOT

1/4 C butter
1 C diced onion
1 1/2 lb ground beef or in your case moose
Salt and pepper
1/4 tsp ground savory
1 C brown gravy
2 C mashed potatoes
Additional Butter

Heat 1/4 c butter in 9-inch skillet. Add onion and cook til lightly browned, stirring. Add beef, salt, pepper and savory continue to cook for 5 minutes. Stir in gravy and heat til bubbly. Spoon into a 8-inch pie buttered casserole dish. Top meat mixture with mshed potatoes. Dot with pieces of butter. Bake 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.

Hearty Burger Soup

1 pound ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 1/4 c water
1/2 c uncooked elbow macaroni
1 med celery stalk, thinly sliced
1 small zucchini, sliced
1 c shredded cabbage
2 tsp beef bouillon granules
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 can (28-oz) whole tomatoes, undrained
1 can (8-oz) kidney beans, undrained
1 can (8-oz) whole kernel corn, undrained
Shredded cheddar cheese, if desired

Cook ground beef and onion in 4-quart dutch oven, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese; break up tomatoes. Heat til boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until macaroni is tender. Serve with cheese. Makes 4 servings.

Beefy Noodle Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (10 3/4-oz) condensed cream of celery soup
1/2 c frozen peas
2 c tomato juice
1 1/4 c water
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/8 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 cup uncooked egg noodles

Cook beef and onion in 4-quart dutch oven over med heat, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles. Heat til boiling. Stir in noodles; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender. Remove bay leaf.

Serves 4.

Cheesey Beef-Potato Casserole

2 c Mashed potato flakes (dry)
1/3 c margarine
1 lb ground beef
1 med onion, chopped
1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 eggs
1 c small curd creamed cottage cheese
2 tomatoes, sliced
1 c shredded Cheddar cheese

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix potato and margarine; reserve 1/2 cup. Spread remaining potato mixture in ungreased square baking dish, 8x8x2-inches.
Cook beef and onion in 10-inch skillet;stirring frequently until beef is brown;drain. Stir in Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Spoon mixture in to baking dish. Mix eggs and cottage cheese;spoon over beef mixture. Top with tomatoe slices. Sprinkle with reserved potato mixture. Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until set. Serves 8.

Spanish Rice and Beef

1 lb ground beef
1 c uncooked rice
1 med onion, chopped
2 Tbs vegetable oil
2 1/2 c water
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1 small green bell pepper, chopped
1 1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp chili powder
1/8 tsp garlic powder

Cook ground beef in 10-inch skillet, stirring frequently until brown; drain and remove from skillet. Cook rice and onion in oil in the same skillet, stirring frequently, until rice is golden brown and onions are tender. Stir in beef and remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Serves 4.

Another ideas are: Sloppy Joes and Taco Salad

I like 'burger gravy' over mashed potatoes. Brown your burger and make a gravy using prepackaged brown gravy mix.

This can also be layered in a casserolle. cooked burger with the gravy (above) in the bottom of the casserole (I like to add some cooked onion/garlic too). then top with mashed potatoes and cheddar cheese/scallions - put under the broiler just until the cheese is bubbly.

I also like crockpot 'non-stuffed' cabbage. Burger, shredded cabbage, stewed tomatoes with a little sugar in the crockpot - and cook on low all day until the burger is brown and the cabbage is soft.

Also, stuffed peppers.

What about chinese type dumplings stuffed with a mixture of the burger and pork - then steamed or fried.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter