Buying Aulani

Does it give a close idea on general availability?

It tells you what was available when the system pulled it. However, people change rooms all the time so you can’t count on anything until you are ready to book, especially if you are looking at the popular near park resorts.

I have seen things change within a 15 minute span and didn’t get what I wanted but kept refreshing and something better came out! But this is one reason why we don’t allow people to post real time.

The better option is to look at the historical trends to know when DVC owners tend to book and which rooms types and resorts are popular.

Question for you that have AUL contracts. If this should be on a different thread, please lmk...I'm still earning my ears :earboy2: We are in the process of closing on our Aulani contract but it's been much slower than others that passed ROFR on the same date as us. Has anyone else experienced this before?
As the proud owner of 7 Aulani contracts, I can report that the time shouldn't very greatly from Florida or Anaheim closings. Yes, there are a couple of extra forms that require notarizing at the buyer and seller ends, even if you are paying cash and not financing, but once the parties return their documents, I haven't seen any kind of delays unique to Hawaii. The Hawaii Bureau of Conveyances (their comptroller/clerk/recorder) is actually pretty darned quick, and records documents electronically by 8 am the day after they are submitted, if filed in the afternoon, and even sometimes by 1 pm the same day if filed that morning. if you go the site, you'll see dozens of documents all recorded in tranches at 8:01 am and 1:01 pm.

My guess, like others have said, is that the seller hasn't got their closing packet returned or there is a delay in getting a payoff amount if the contract was financed by the seller.

So annoying! They did that to me too!
I still feel it’s a great price for the number of points…. I just wish it would have been disclosed. Luckily I’m not in a position where I am up against the clock to book with the points like I am with some of my other contracts.

I'm not sure how the international seller delays things now, b/c I thought previously it was that they had to go to an American embassy/consulate to have their signatures notarized. As an int'l buyer for Aulani, I was told I'd have to do this too, otherwise I could choose the remote online notary service. I didn't really ask why a Canadian notary/lawyer wouldn't suffice. Anyway, wondering what exactly is the delay for an int'l seller?

I'm not sure how the international seller delays things now, b/c I thought previously it was that they had to go to an American embassy/consulate to have their signatures notarized. As an int'l buyer for Aulani, I was told I'd have to do this too, otherwise I could choose the remote online notary service. I didn't really ask why a Canadian notary/lawyer wouldn't suffice. Anyway, wondering what exactly is the delay for an int'l seller?
The title agent told me that it typically takes an additional 4 weeks to get the notarized paperwork back from the international sellers.

These sellers are in Japan (it looks like a married couple and their son)…. which is not surprising given that they marketed AUL @ Tokyo Disney when it launched…. and I’m not sure what the rules in Japan are for DVC paperwork.

Ah, interesting. Maybe they don't offer the RON service to people outside of North America, or maybe it's not valid.

Yeah, I think there are a ton of Japanese Aulani owners. Makes total sense as it's not terribly far from Japan compared to the rest of North America.

The delay is usually caused because the international seller has to work with a FIRPTA agent. The FIRPTA agent needs to apply for an ITIN on their behalf but before doing that, they need a certified true copy of the seller's passport to validate their identity. That is what causes the delay. In Canada, we have to apply for that "certified true copy" from our passport office (Service Canada) and it takes 3 weeks to arrive in the mail. Then another week to get it to the FIRPTA agent. Then we had to schedule an interview with the FIRPTA agent. After that, the paper work moves quickly.

The delay is usually caused because the international seller has to work with a FIRPTA agent. The FIRPTA agent needs to apply for an ITIN on their behalf but before doing that, they need a certified true copy of the seller's passport to validate their identity. That is what causes the delay. In Canada, we have to apply for that "certified true copy" from our passport office (Service Canada) and it takes 3 weeks to arrive in the mail. Then another week to get it to the FIRPTA agent. Then we had to schedule an interview with the FIRPTA agent. After that, the paper work moves quickly.
Painful. My contracts will have to die with me, I'm not going through this. LOL.
Also, you're Canadian!?

Your doctors and nurses don't get paid???
They do, but not by us personally.... they are paid through various governmental methods.
My examples: I had a c-section with one of my kids, I spent 4 nights in hospital with my baby. Saw drs constantly and of course nurses. Final bill: around $80 which was for parking overnight at the hospital.
One of my kids was in hospital for almost a week, had IV medications, drawing blood, x-rays, etc, I stayed with him. Final bill: $50? again just parking costs, which sometimes was free street parking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter