Buying from Attraction Tickets

fizzer20

Earning My Ears
I'm going next year to WDW, looking on Attraction Tickets website, tickets seem a better deal on the UK bit, and can't get 14 days when under the Australian page.
Can I purchase the UK tickets and it will be okay, or will it be rejected and have to buy from the Australian page.
Has anyone purchased lately from Australia on the UK page?

Not from Australia, but from Italy me and my friends have been buying tickets from the UK site for a very long time. As far as I know, and from experience, there's absolutely no issue with that.

Yep no issues with using tickets from the UK site, when I purchased tickets last year I used the EU site for a slightly better exchange rate 😜 so that’s an option too!

As above, no issues getting the UK tickets except direct from Disney.
There are other sites as well.
American Attractions
Orlando Attraction Tickets
Floridatix
They all list Australia as a “delivery” address. It’s worth checking them all for the best deal.
As for Attraction Tickets Australian website, I too wish they would sell the 14 day tickets, it’s probably something to do with not been allowed to sell them in AUD.

Yep no issues with using tickets from the UK site, when I purchased tickets last year I used the EU site for a slightly better exchange rate 😜 so that’s an option too!
Sorry i have a few questions if you dont mind answering :)
Did you have any trouble with connecting it to your Disney account? Wont they see the ticket is from UK and see your from Aus?
Did you need to buy the ticket with a UK card?
Were the tickets sent to your address in Aus, even though you paid on the Uk site?
Were there any troubles when checking into your hotel or getting into any of the parks?
I'm planning a Disney trip for three weeks and saw a few people had bought from Attraction Tickets. com in £, its so tempting because of how much cheaper it is.

Sorry i have a few questions if you dont mind answering :)
Did you have any trouble with connecting it to your Disney account? Wont they see the ticket is from UK and see your from Aus? - No issues at all
Did you need to buy the ticket with a UK card? - No
Were the tickets sent to your address in Aus, even though you paid on the Uk site? - Yes they are but they mainly provide print at home eTickets
Were there any troubles when checking into your hotel or getting into any of the parks? - None
I'm planning a Disney trip for three weeks and saw a few people had bought from Attraction Tickets. com in £, it’s so tempting because of how much cheaper it is. - Do it, there is no downside

Check the other websites mentioned as well in this thread as prices do vary slightly. Disney don’t care who uses the tickets, even Americans can use them if they can get hold of them through an overseas relative or something. All Disney (and Universal) care about is that these tickets are not sold in US dollars and delivered, either physically or electronically, to a US address. The only tickets that have residency requirements these days are the Florida resident tickets.

As further confirmation for you, my wife had issues with her fingerprint not been read correctly by the scanners. So we visited guest services to resolve the issue, showing her Australian ID. Absolutely no issues with us using those UK tickets at all.

Hi all, just piggy-backing off this thread rather than starting a new one (sorry OP!). I'm starting to plan for our Feb 2025 trip and have looked up the 14 day tickets for pricing. It says they're available to buy now all the way through to the end of 2025 (at slightly higher prices than 2024). If that's the case, would there be any pros or cons to buying now or waiting a bit longer? I've just got a new credit card that needs a minimum spend to get us 100,000 bonus Qantas points - buying 2 of those would get me a long way towards that in one hit!

The ticket prices for the 14 day tickets usually stay the same once they release the prices for each year.
The only con is that they have your money, not you. The pros are that a big chunk of your holiday expenses are paid for.

I hate to resurrect a post from 3 months ago, but does anyone know if someone from the US can purchase the UK 14 day ticket, link it in MDE and have it all work?

We are going for 16 days in November and wanted more than a 10 day ticket, but didn't want to jump up to APs.

I thought I had read prior that US residents were turned away (made to purchase on site tickets) if they had foreign/international tickets. MDE has a listing for "country" and stores your billing and shipping address.

j

Last edited:
I hate to resurrect a post from 3 months ago, but does anyone know if someone from the US can purchase the UK 14 day ticket, link it in MDE and have it all work?

We are going for 16 days in November and wanted more than a 10 day ticket, but didn't want to jump up to APs.

I thought I had read prior that US residents were turned away (made to purchase on site tickets) if that had foreign/international tickets. MDE has a listing for "country" and stores your billing and shipping address.

j
Since this post is on the Australia board, I'm not sure whether anyone will have had any experience trying to book a UK ticket with a US address. You may or may not get a response to this.

Have you tried doing a 'mock' booking and seeing how far it will let you get? You might find that once you put in your US address you can't proceed any further.

Check the other websites mentioned as well in this thread as prices do vary slightly. Disney don’t care who uses the tickets, even Americans can use them if they can get hold of them through an overseas relative or something. All Disney (and Universal) care about is that these tickets are not sold in US dollars and delivered, either physically or electronically, to a US address. The only tickets that have residency requirements these days are the Florida resident tickets.
Just found this in a previous response. Sounds like you may be out of luck, unless you have any overseas relatives who could purchase on your behalf.

Since this post is on the Australia board, I'm not sure whether anyone will have had any experience trying to book a UK ticket with a US address. You may or may not get a response to this.
Oops! :blush:

Didn't realize this was an Aussie topic. I appreciate the help though. The Attraction Tickets site says they only do eTickets now, delivered to an email address. I can access a Gmail account from anywhere.

j

I thought I had read prior that US residents were turned away (made to purchase on site tickets) if they had foreign/international tickets. MDE has a listing for "country" and stores your billing and shipping address.

j
The way it works is that anyone can use the 14 day tickets IF you can get a hold of them. The resellers are not permitted to sell physical or eTickets to people with a US address but there is no restriction on their use.
So if you can get a hold of the tickets through a friend or relative who lives in the UK/Australia etc, they purchase them for you (ie on their CC) in your name and send them to you, you can use them.
Things may change but that’s how it works now.

The way it works is that anyone can use the 14 day tickets IF you can get a hold of them. The resellers are not permitted to sell physical or eTickets to people with a US address but there is no restriction on their use.
So if you can get a hold of the tickets through a friend or relative who lives in the UK/Australia etc, they purchase them for you (ie on their CC) in your name and send them to you, you can use them.
Things may change but that’s how it works now.
Thank you!

That shouldn't be a problem. I appreciate your help. I was in Europe a few months ago and should have bought the tickets while I was there.

j

Thank you!

That shouldn't be a problem. I appreciate your help. I was in Europe a few months ago and should have bought the tickets while I was there.
I should also mention you wouldn’t be able to use a US credit or debit card (or USD) to pay for them.

It seems strange but it’s mainly because they want people in North America to buy AP’s (Keys) if they intend to go for more than 10 days.

I should also mention you wouldn’t be able to use a US credit or debit card (or USD) to pay for them.
I travel outside the US quite a bit and have a card with no international fees. It works fine in Europe and the Caribbean in local currencies. I'll give it a try. I was just in the EU a few months ago. If I had known, I would have bought the tickets while I was there.

j

j
Yes anyone can. Purchased ours from American attraction tickets, used USA card with USA billing address. Got the email with tickets in less than an hour and linked up in MDE no issues at all. Because it’s all digital now no need for physical tickets or to be “sent” anywhere.

It seems strange but it’s mainly because they want people in North America to buy AP’s (Keys) if they intend to go for more than 10 days.
This is incorrect. Lots of people have used USA cards/billing address. It’s digital now so no need for physical tickets. Lots of info under UK forum

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter