Cabana massage?

luv2tvl

Mouseketeer
For anyone that has done this, do you remember how much it was and did you love it?
Myself, and another girl I work with, are each going on the disney cruise in December, and would love any info on the cabana massage in Castaway Cay (each with our own hubbies!).
Any info would be great!!!
Thanks! :)

We did this in Sept & weren't too impressed. There was no place (at least it wasn't offered) to shower off the sand prior to the massage & we weren't too keen on undressing in the cabana with that lovely open window overlooking the (occupied) beach. Next time, we'll stick to the massages onboard!

While the massage was one of the best I've ever had (ask for Helene on the Wonder), I was disappointed that you really couldn't look out at the beach. And it took a whole hour from the precious time at CC! Next time, I'll have my massage on the ship!

It was $115 for 1 person, double for 2, plus tip!

Susan

My DW and I had a Cabana Massage in June of 2000. It was an okay experience with the massage being great, but the schilling of all the products they were pushing being annoying. We were so put off by the pushing of the products that we didn't tip very well. They two ladies giving the massages didn't have very good personalities so it came off weird to us. We would have had an excellent time if they would have quietly given us the massages.

Hope this helps!

Hubby did this on our last cruise. After all the rushing to try and get the ressie (we were only on a 3day) it was nice but not worth the effort. He said one on the ship would have been just fine considering you are face down most of the time and since the cabanas sit back from the ocean quite a bit. Hope this helps with your spa plans. We do highly recommend the mud shower thing.;)

I guess I am in the minority, but then is should be easier for me to get a reservation next time :)

My DW and I have had side by side cabana massages twice. So we obviously liked it. The first time our massage was first thing in the morning, so no problem with sand and salt water yet. The second time we just used the outside showers by the restrooms to shower off sand and salt before we went over to the cabanas.

We really loved the open air cabanas. Admitedly you are face down a lot of the time, but the sea air, light and atomosphere is very special.

I have actually signed up for cabana massages on three cruises. On one it was raining early in the morning when we arrived at Castaway Cay, so we were offered in Spa massages instead at a reduced rate. Although there were nice, the sea air cabana massages are best in my book.

But then different tastes is what makes for the great variety we have in all the things we do.

What ever you decide, enjoy.

Here's my .02: we did the Cabana Massages (my wife and I) last year (literally a year ago today!). I would pass (and am passing--we are on the Western Magic in less then 2 weeks) for the following reasons:
1. While the view is AMAZING and I mean AMAZING, you really only see it for about 30 seconds when you first walk into the 'hut.'
2. Having a one hour massage really burns about 1.5 hours of your very finite time on CC. CC, IMHO is literally the BEST time on the cruise (especially if you are on the Wonder since Nassau is such a wretched dump). By blowing this time while you could be doing the other activities to me seem like a waste.
3. They do literally the same massages (for a little less money if I remember correctly) on the ship.

Enjoy.

Kyle

You guys are GREAT! Thank you so much for all the info! That's exactly what I needed.

Ok, for what its worth...our first cruise this was booked solid. Second, the cabana area was being rebuilt after a hurricane but they did these at Sunny Shades, an area just past the teen beach. Did a solo and thought I had died and gone to heaven. The area was far enough away from everything that it was quiet - I'd imagine similar at the cabanas. The sea air, sound of water, and play of the sunlight was magnificent. My masseuse was quiet and proficient. The products were shown to me and explained before she started and I had the option of checking off what (if anything) I wanted to buy at the end. Little conversation, wonderful massage.

I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter