Cabanas Embarkation

eva

Often uses her unique ability to close threads.
We have a 1:30 port Time. Never had one that late. It will likely be 2:00 or later before we get onboard. How late does Cabanas serve lunch? I know I will be starving!

We have a 1:30 port Time. Never had one that late. It will likely be 2:00 or later before we get onboard. How late does Cabanas serve lunch? I know I will be starving!
I cruised last week. I think Cabanas served lunch on embarkation day until 3pm.

I would plan to eat before you get on board. It will likely be a lot later than 2pm before you board.

I do remember cabanas is open later on embarking day. Though you do have the pool area locations to grab something to eat.

I would plan to eat before you get on board. It will likely be a lot later than 2pm before you board.
Well we have a 2.5 hour drive, maybe more depending on I4 traffic in Orlando. So we really won’t have much time to eat prior. And if I eat at 11:00 in the morning, I will be starved by late seating. Plus, I don’t like to eat much while we are on the road. I get queasy. So hopefully we will be able to get lunch still onboard.

I do remember cabanas is open later on embarking day. Though you do have the pool area locations to grab something to eat.
Thanks! Hopefully Cabanas is open when we get on. It is kind of a tradition. And I am not a huge fan of the pool side food. After having my gallbladder removed, I can’t eat a lot of greasy high fat food.

Thanks! Hopefully Cabanas is open when we get on. It is kind of a tradition. And I am not a huge fan of the pool side food. After having my gallbladder removed, I can’t eat a lot of greasy high fat food.

I agree, I don’t usually eat there either. We cruised last month and we got our test results back in 35 minutes.

I agree, I don’t usually eat there either. We cruised last month and we got our test results back in 35 minutes.
I am hoping the results will come through a lot faster. Starting on the 26th Port Canaveral will be doing the antigen test. In October when we sailed on the Dream it took about 40 minutes. maybe we can cut that down to 20. Hopeful thinking! Luckily, it is just DH and me. We only have a small carry on bag and are very good at moving quick. We will definitely go eat before going to the stateroom or our muster station.

Cabanas was open pretty late in the afternoon last week on the Dream. Past 2:00, so you should hopefully be good. The tests were pretty quick too, results in 15 -20 minutes (we had B2B and both times it was quick). So if you arrive to test at 1:30, there’s likely going to be a line if you are parking at the lot or potentially a line at the tents if you are not parking there. I think you will be fine for lunch at Cabanas, but dont forget at the pool deck restaurants, one place has sandwiches, salads and fruits. So you dont have to have the greasy foods from the grill or pizza. The grill also has grilled chicken breasts as well.

Last week on the Magic we were not permitted to go to Cabanas before going to the "App" instruction meeting in Fathoms and then the muster station to take photos. Cast members limited access so that you had to go in that order. I think the new antigen tests will make things much quicker though and by your port arrival time you should not be held up that much.

I recall that Rapunzel's restaurant that day was open until 2:30, which is later than the sit-down restaurant would have been pre-covid.

Last week on the Magic we were not permitted to go to Cabanas before going to the "App" instruction meeting in Fathoms and then the muster station to take photos. Cast members limited access so that you had to go in that order. I think the new antigen tests will make things much quicker though and by your port arrival time you should not be held up that much.

I recall that Rapunzel's restaurant that day was open until 2:30, which is later than the sit-down restaurant would have been pre-covid.
That’s strange. We sailed on the Dream in October and we never went to any app instruction seminar. And we could have wandered the entire ship before going to our muster station. I know this was true because we couldn’t find our station. So we went and got lunch then stopped by our stateroom and asked our steward where we should go for the muster. Seems our ap had the wrong place listed for our stateroom. Now we did have a port arrival time of 11:30 for that cruise. So not sure if that mattered. As I said, we have never had a port arrival time later than 11:30.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter