Can a Florida relative buy our tickets?

If the finger scan matches then they really have no reason to ask for ID...

The first time you use a FL resident discounted APt the employee is likely to ask for ID, before your finger scan is inputed into the system. I'll agree if a FL resident moves out of state they'll probably be able to continue to use a FL resident AP the rest of the year.

From what customer service has told me since the change went into effect just recently and you will prob see more people getting asked for ID. In the past, it really didn't matter and they just did the finger scan and away you went. Now they are cracking down on it so I really wouldn't look at what happened in the past to be what will happen going forward.

Kinda stinks for us that have family in Florida and it makes for a good excuse to go :)

We are planning a trip this summer to WDW - can my dad who is a Florida Resident purchase tickets for my kids (who are not) they are six and don't have any i.d. - if my dad took them into the park with him do you think it would be a problem?
I know that my husband and I can't get the Florida Resident tickets but if the kids could it would still be a nice savings - what do you Disney experts think?

Thought I'd add my two cents, as I have a FL annual pass for both WDW and USO. At WDW, it is very hard to trick the system and use a FL pass if you're not a FL resident. As someone previously posted, if you purchase a number of FL passes, every single person who will be getting one must be present and must have a FL ID and address to provide. At USO, if you purchase online, you can just print the passes out on the computer kiosks at the front and you don't need to show ID to get them, but I imagine you must input a FL billing addres. For those who have said they needed to present a FL ID at the turnstiles the first time they used the USO passes, this has never happened for me. So I think it is easier to manipulate at USO.

We just got back and here is how it worked. We had purchased several Power Passes prior to the change for Non FL residents. Those we were able to pick up at the kiosk and DH and DD just walked in without a problem.

We also purchased several FL Resident tickets for my brother and his GF and her DS. Those you can no longer pick up at the kiosk you have to go to a window and show valid FL Resident IDs to pick up the tickets. Then they walked on in without anything else.

So it looks like now to pick up the tickets you have to have enough IDS for the number of tickets, excluding kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter