Can I go to the front desk before check in to see if my requests were honored?

I guess if we end up in that situation where our choice is leave scooter partially exposed due to unavailability for ground floor/elevator, we will be requesting a resort change. I am not going to try and subject my mom, who has congestive heart failure and a pacemaker to try and climb stairs. Still crossing my fingers🤞
Please make sure your request is noted as being For Medical Reasons. If you could switch your booking to a HA villa, that would be even better.

I would always do online check-in and TP and have gotten the exact room I requested. Of course, this was before COVID, and I haven't been very successful since we started going back in 2021. I've also noticed that there aren't many options to choose from anymore except for "near elevators" which I never select.

Last edited:

Just wanted to give an update to everyone that when we arrived at 7 AM, the front desk confirmed that our requests were met.
We had them note that she’s unable to navigate stairs/has limited mobility and also will be using a scooter. We asked to be in a bldg with either ground floor access or elevator bldg. Do you think they’ll be able to switch us to a HA a week out from our stay?

We had them note that she’s unable to navigate stairs/has limited mobility and also will be using a scooter. We asked to be in a bldg with either ground floor access or elevator bldg. Do you think they’ll be able to switch us to a HA a week out from our stay?
It's got to be worth a try! I've been put in HA rooms with no need so it seems like they could possibly have more available than current guests require.

Certainly, if you don't ask, they won't know. It's better to get your request out there.

HA at OKW is a bookable category. I agree with above, call and ask to change your reservation.

It sounds like you have a cash reservation through Disney, then a rented reservation? You’ll have to call Disney about the cash nights, but the owner you rented from would have to modify the rented reservation to HA or notify DVC that the request for ground floor/elevator is for medical reasons.

We were able to book a HA room, which will actually be better for her having grab bars in the bathroom! Not sure why I didn’t do it from the beginning as she has all these safety features in her own home!
I’m glad to hear this. Hope y’all have a wonderful trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter