• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

can we bring our own liquor bottle to

Originally posted by AnnMorin
Instead of lime green ribbons you 11/8-ers could wear eye patches or pirate hats to find each other :jester: :jester:

Captian be on the look out for pirates.. there may be a mutany :)

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Tracy

I'm with you on the 11/8 cruise also. I think what we need to do is designate each person a different adult type beverage in a different plastic soda container and all get together and have a nice little party.

Here is my sugestion. We need the 16 oz plastic type bottes.

Pespi = bourban
Mountain Dew = rum
Sprite = Vodka
Orange Crush = grand marnier (for the higher class type folks)
7 up = gin
Yahoo = Bailey's Irish Cream
Coke = Scotch
RC Cola = Blended Whiskey or Canadian
Mello Yello = Magarita Mix

I'll have my collapsable rolling cooler and will haul it full of ice.
Also, we will need some of real soda for mixing.

ttfn

I save the little syrup bottles from Cracker Barrel to carry my mini bar in. They work great, yes, they are glass but thick glass hard to break them. They pack easily, fit in the palm of your hand so no one can see you pour them. When your done with them just rinse them out and let the kids collect sand in them from the beaches you visit. They make perfect take home presents.
The plastic water bottle work great to I use them to refill my little bottles.
BTW I do take my own plastic blender along on our cruises. I'm not a drunk, just like to save that extra money to help pay for the next cruise.

PARTY UP Y'ALL!!!!!!!:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

What kind of plastic blender do you bring? What brand is it and does it work well? What a great idea. So I get the drift one can bring a bottle of liquor on the ship w/out difficulty. I was wondering this already. When we fly I bring small bottles and don't have a problem. It really helps w/ cost and is nice to have in room. thanks!:rolleyes:

Dave-I am anticipating problems with your "soda" code.

Pespi = bourban
Mountain Dew = rum
Sprite = Vodka
Orange Crush = grand marnier (for the higher class type folks)
7 up = gin
Yahoo = Bailey's Irish Cream
Coke = Scotch
RC Cola = Blended Whiskey or Canadian
Mello Yello = Magarita Mix

If someone wants a rum and coke but forgets the code, or forgets which ones are the REAL sodas, they could end up with a scotch and Mountain Dew. YUCK!

queenof4hearts it a Proctor Silex I bought it at Wal-Mart less than $20. It is a full size 6 speed blender but light weight because it plastic, once you break it down it pack well. I've taken it on 4 crusies with no problems. Save a good amount of money on drinks. I do pack large plastic cups, my own straws along with my fixins. I also like wine with dinner, I bring the splits, you get abaout 1 1/2 glass of wine with each bottles. A glass of wine can be $4 and up. Most frozen drinks are $4 to $6 if I have 4 or 5 drinks a day thats a $20 to 30 savings a day times 7 days. DH brings along 2 cases of his favorite beer. I can say that we easily save $400. to 500. a week. One good part is that once DH's beer is gone we have room in our suitcases for all the treasures we have purchased.

Ginger, thank you so much!! I had no idea you could actually bring beer on a cruise ship! We will definately do that.I will definately be purchasing a plastic blender for the occasion. Thanks again for the great tip!! Wendi:smooth:

There is a small fridge in the cabin - not the coldest in the world. A good storage place so your cabin person doesn't see all you brought along. We always bring sodas, water and juice too. Don't forget you can buy alcohol on your island stops for a very exotic feel to your drinks.
Have a good cruise.
:earsgirl:

Just a little note about our experience bringing alcohol on the ship. We brought several bottles of wine, and to avoid packing them in our checked luggage, we packed them in a wine case from our local liquor store. When we got to the port, the person running the security checkpoint (before you even enter the building) told us we couldn't bring "that" on board. We kindly explained we were told differently, and had, in fact, done it before. He politely replied, "We can't let poeple see that.", referring to the box which had the winery logo printed on it.
I took off my sweatshirt, wrapped it around the box, and he said OK.
SOOO, make sure you don't draw attention to the fact that you may want to indulge, while on board a ship that unabashadly pushes tropical libations, and even has an entire deck party themed around the ever popular Margarita.:rolleyes:

BTW, we won't be bringing wine next time. Too difficult to pack, and we wound up throwing some away, lugging some home and giving some to our servers in appreciation. (hat giving it away part was really great. They seemed to think that was as nice a tip as they'd gotten.) The price for alcohol on the ship is very reasonable. Much cheaper than one would pay in a quality resort.

I do love this thread though! You are all so funny!:p

REMEMBER THE MAGIC!
Tracy

That is good info, tlgoblue. Thank you. I wonder why the drinks are cheaper? This is good to know. Margaritas are my favorite drink! Did you go to this deck party? That was kind of the cm to let you bring the wine aboard. Wendi

Hi Wendy,
We did go to the party for a while, but the Margs weren't that good. (We really only went there because our favorite poolside attendant, Ojack, was the "HOST", and we told him we'd see him there.) They were standard issue, and they were pre-poured, sitting on the table with an attendant filling the cups and taking $$. There were a great many bees hovering around the table. It takes place on one of the Port days, though I can't remember if it was SM or ST ;) That must be where the bees came from.

There are good margs on the ship. If the ESPN club is still open, try there. $4.50 gets you one awesome Margerita (Premium tequila, Gran Marnier). If you're lucky Miguel will be there and you can play some "on the house" drinking games. Be careful, though. The floor seems to SLOPE much more in that part of the ship than in others! As far as them letting us bring the wine on, I think it was more of a "that isn't in keeping with the Family theme we're trying to promote, so could you keep it out of sight?" Understandable.

REMEMBER THE MAGIC!
Tracy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter