Can We Take The Skyliner To The Boat? An Aug/Sep 2022 TR (Complete)

Yessss if one uses the bathroom they both did.

I saw a thread on the Disney Families section about this. It turned into an argument about forcing kids and their bodily functions. I was surprised because I thought everyone did this (this was a rule growing up no matter where we went). :laughing: But I was wrong.

My mom still forces this if we are with them and I’m in my 40’s 🤣 Dad is the only one exempt from the rule. We use it too.

In my defense, we do have a rule that, when we are stopping at a bathroom, we all try to go. We use the bathroom when it's convenient, not when it's an emergency. But, if we've already gotten where we're going and then someone needs an extra bathroom break, I usually only take the kid(s) requesting.

Maybe the real lesson here is that we need to schedule a family bathroom trip before we find fireworks spots, even if it means that we are a few minutes later staking out a view. Otherwise, Hubby is going to end up there by himself trying to stand wide enough to save room for five people. LOL!!

I just saw your posts and I’m hoping your treatment and recovery are going good!
You kick cancer’s a**!!
Thinking of you and sending positive vibes!

Day 5: Can We Take The Skyliner To The Boat?

It was our fourth morning in Orlando and time for another nearby rope drop. This time, we opted to walk to start our morning in Hollywood Studios.

mLgTWjMl.jpg

The line for Mickey and Minnie started moving a few minutes before the official start of early morning hours and we were in the preshow at 8:00am. From there, we went to Midway Mania at 8:16am for a five minute wait before loading. The kids opted to ride back to back, leaving the adults to be as competitive as we pleased.

I42Hq2jl.jpg

mdEpMfYl.jpg

I won!! We were off the ride at official park opening time and walking onto Swirling Saucers at 8:37am, giving the kids another chance to ride without us.

NYfXEFml.jpg

dactawYl.jpg

Our first return time had come, so we had to talk the girls into riding Rise of the Resistance. I had avoided spoilers as best I could, but Hubby had watched ride videos with the girls so that they’d be prepared. They were hesitant about the bad guys but there were no tears as we got in line at 8:50am. The girls were definitely stressed and clingy, but they held it together throughout the various preshows. (Are all of those scenes really even preshows? At what point do we start calling it the ride?). The CMs didn’t try too much engagement with the kids, as I think they could see they weren’t going to be into it, but one came to chat while we were waiting to be interrogated. She asked if they supported the first order and were ready to answer her questions, and they all vigorously agreed! When she stepped away, I whispered that they had just admitted to being bad guys and they were mortified. :rotfl2:

On the ride itself, they mostly closed their eyes and asked repeatedly if the bad guy was going to come back again. Having avoided spoilers, I genuinely didn’t know the answer and was equally surprised by the number of times we encountered Kylo Ren (full animatronic, too, no B-mode). As we unloaded, they were a bit shaken but nothing too terrible. They did insist that we weren’t riding it again, though. I feel like I didn’t get a chance to really take it all in because I was too busy reassuring them. I’m thinking my next try, I’ll let them chicken exit so that I can get into it more.

We had some time before either our prebooked TSMM DAS or our SDD day of return time, so snacks were in order. I told the girls we could order the tarts in TSL, only to find out that the next available pick up on the app was a ways out. They wanted the treat, so they agreed to wait it out, and I grabbed an adult treat for Hubby and me to share.

Mhi2MVPl.jpg

I’d had my eye on this spiked cold brew for a while because coffee, chocolate, and a little booze for good measure sounded delicious! It was tasty but drank too quickly since it was mostly ice. I have also discovered over time that I generally prefer my iced coffee mixed or blended, rather than the cream being on top as the style for cold brews. Maybe one day the park Starbucks will start offering adult versions; then we’ll really be in business!

We walked slowly back into TSL as our TSMM return time was approaching. This time, I rode with A while the girls went back-to-back with Hubby. We were partway through the ride when it stopped for a bit, started briefly, and stopped for a solid ten minutes.

OdXgJHRl.jpg

I was pretty sure we were getting evacuated, but it finally started running again and we finished our game. Hubby managed to beat me by 100 points, but I don’t think it counts. With the start-and-stop, those scores can’t be considered official, right? ::yes::

Our extra ten minutes meant that our next return time had come, so we shot off with Slinky

MiMN2H4l.jpg

ckwhdMMl.jpg

It was time for tarts, bathrooms, and sunscreen. Our next official stop was back in Galaxy’s Edge, so we grabbed our snack and found a couple of somewhat shady seats in the walkway into SWGE from TSL. Once we were refreshed and ready to go, we noticed a PP photographer with no wait. Unfortunately, what I ended up with is a series of someone squinting-blinking-grimacing and one good magic shot.

XLsGPndl.jpg

The girls had agreed to another try on the Millennium Falcon as long as the parents promised to do better at piloting the ship.

C9Xarc6l.jpg

We managed to perform slightly better this time: we didn’t go negative!! It was 11:00am and time for our next DAS return, which happened to be the girls’ greatest challenge of the trip; Rock ’n’ Roller Coaster. We’d watched the videos, we’d discussed the upside-down loops, it was now or never. I made it very clear to the girls that they didn’t have to ride, but that I knew they’d be proud of themselves if they got to do their first upside-down coaster at Disney. A & B were ready to give it a shot, but C was really straddling the fence. On the one hand, she didn’t want to ride the coaster. On the other, she didn’t want to be the only one who missed out. Ahh, the triplet FOMO!

c1G1OiRl.jpg

It was decision time and C opted to ride as long as she could go with me. We told the CM at the front that we were a party of five, but it was the girls’ first time, so we needed a good ride friend who was going to be supportive. A mom towards the front of the line raised her hand to offer and the six of us stepped to the side for a moment to make sure everyone was ready. This woman was perfect! She had a streak of pink in her hair, which is A’s favorite color, and she said she saw how brave the girls were being and she was proud of them. Thank you, pink-haired, Chewbacca dressed friend!! A was riding with her, B with Hubby, and I had C. Cindy was still very nervous and breathing raggedly when we loaded. Her distress was obvious enough that the CM on the platform gave me a questioning look. I asked again, “Are you sure you’re going to ride?” and C said she was, so the CM shrugged and off our limo went.

Oqbio6nl.jpg

5VvoECUl.jpg

They did it! When we got off, Aurora fished a sticker out of her backpack to give to her ride friend as a thank you. (Aside: One of the Tinkerbell gifts earlier in the week had been a bunch of loose stickers, which the girls put in their backpacks to give out to kids in line. They then promptly forgot about them for a few days, as did I until this moment in trip reporting. :-) ) Meanwhile, all of the pent up emotion came pouring out of C and she cried in earnest as we exited the gift shop. To cheer her up, we called my mom to give her the exciting news that the kids had done their first upside-down coaster, then texted the ride photos to all of the grands.

Y3EzSrcl.jpg

VnJF68Ll.jpg

We took some photos to commemorate their bravery, grabbed ice water and seats at Fairfaxe Faire, and regrouped. We had a little time before lunch, so we opted to enjoy Lightening McQueen and his air-conditioned racing academy. On the way to lunch, we tried for another round of photopass photos, but we weren’t any more photogenic than last time.

5uYF07tl.jpg

WtJXHmsl.jpg

GQDqkbLl.jpg

badrqKel.jpg

Truly, those are the best the photographer got. I especially like the magic shot where Aurora is downright pissed that Cindy gets to be the one holding her hand out for some unidentified magic to be revealed at a later date. What did Tink ever do to you??

Our ADR was for Sci Fi because I thought the kids would get a kick out of the atmosphere. Instead, they complained the whole time that the videos were too scary. I told them they were silly, because they were so obviously fake, but they were hot, tired, and done with it. We ate quickly and decided to call it for the afternoon. Our Frozen friend had a posted wait of only five minutes, so we stopped for cheering up with warm hugs.

fvv87wPl.jpg

Rather than walking back to Boardwalk, the girls wanted to take the skyliner, which we boarded at 1:54pm. Then, they doubled down and asked if we could take the boat at IG. I have always found the boat between BW and EP to be downright silly; it’s much faster to walk. But here I was, getting roped into another float on Crescent Lake! It can’t have been all that much worse, because we were changed and down relaxing at the pool by 2:45pm.

z7B6P1cl.jpg

Wow you guys rocked the Toy Story theme that day~so cute! That’s great your girls rode RnR. If it makes them feel any better I cried when I rode my first upside down roller coaster too, and I was 20! 🤣

Hmm now I’m on the fence about Sci Fi, assuming E will think the same as ABC.
We can talk in person in detail, but my girls are truly way, way beyond other kids their age when it comes to sensitivity to negativity or violence in media. The clips are so clearly fake monsters attacking people that it doesn't have any bite to it. Remind me to discuss next time we're together :-)

Wow you guys rocked the Toy Story theme that day~so cute!

Thanks! The kids love the themed outfits and the pictures are always super cute. My problem is usually finding something to include Hubby.

If it makes them feel any better I cried when I rode my first upside down roller coaster too, and I was 20! 🤣

LOL, too funny! They just get so ramped up emotionally and it has to go somewhere. I feel like the only way to get over this is through- try the thing, realize you're fine, and don't get quite so hyped the next time.

I love all your outfits! I find your girls very brave on those rides!! I am a LOT older than they are and I still won't do those ride. My almost adult son won't do them either but that's the beauty of Disney, so many things do to, everyone can find something they enjoy :)

I love all your outfits!

Thanks so much!!

I find your girls very brave on those rides!! I am a LOT older than they are and I still won't do those ride.

It's funny, they really like coasters like Big Thunder and Space Mountain, but then they get in their heads about others. Sometimes it's hard for me to even clock what's going to set them off, like the Sci Fi lunch.

Day 5: Can We Take The Skyliner To The Boat? (cont’d)

As the time approached for us to go shower and get ready for dinner, so did the afternoon thunderstorms. I let Mother Nature do the dirty work: instead of me having to drag the kids out of the pool, the lifeguards shut it down for lightning in the area.

It was Monday and we were headed to our first late evening of the trip: Epcot’s evening deluxe hours. We had an ADR at Biergarten to start the evening and set out at 5:30pm.

qWMcQAil.jpg

To the girls’ delight and my dismay, a friendship boat was pulling up right as we got down, so we were once again taking the boat instead of just walking. I tried to make my boarding group for the 6pm VQ drop, but the system was saying that my party wasn’t eligible because we weren’t in Epcot. This isn’t how the deluxe queue is supposed to work. Plenty of other Dis folks have reported being able to pick up their evening VQ without having tapped in yet, but it is a known issue for some people. We made it to the park in plenty of time, though, and were checking in the dinner about five of six. I was worried about my cell coverage in the building, so I took Hubby’s phone to book the reservation, my phone to pull up time.gov, and found a classic Epcot trashcan to put them on so that I could easily keep both of them awake while watching the clock. Right at 6:59:59pm, I refreshed.

36smxVLl.png

Success! I haven’t the slightest if that’s a “good” group for the evening VQ, but let’s all just assume. ;)

I went into the restaurant to find my crew and get dinner. The band was just finishing up a set, so we had time to hit the buffet before the next set.

GlKTlUSl.jpg

AIq5r6el.jpg

uK4ISeXl.jpg

We all enjoyed the concert, but the kids had a blast. No one was seated in the table next to us, so they had a little room to stand up against the railing and dance along. They caught the eye of the musicians, too, who smiled and waved. I wish the dance floor had reopened, because I know the kids would have been all over that, but it was still a fun and filling dinner to get us ready for a busy evening. As a bonus, the rain that had been threatening all afternoon decided to dump while we were in the restaurant, so we stayed dry.

After dinner, the girls rode front row for Gran Fiesta…

Clyn3JWl.jpg

and Frozen…

TvsoFhdl.jpg

… before we left World Showcase for Future World. (I’ll start using the new neighborhood names when the middle of Epcot isn’t just construction walls. You give me something new, I’ll use your new name.) Unsurprisingly, Figment was a walk-on at 8:17pm.

NtgsWLRl.jpg

qoXOHULl.jpg

More surprising is that the kids split up to sit with their old, boring parents. At 8:33. Sorain’ was also a walk on, but I asked to wait for B1 which meant we had to wait a full ride cycle but we got to see the Eiffel Tower skew-free.

When we were off, deluxe hours had officially started and our Guardians boarding group was called. We walked straight into the first preshow and they even opened the doors for the second preshow early as there was no one waiting on the boarding platform. This time, we got to conga our way through the galaxy.

Nnoivp6l.jpg

KUpN6ryl.jpg

Next on the list was Test Track. When we got there, we saw people tapping in to the LL, which is when I found out that DAS still runs through evening hours even though Genie + does not. We had pulled Test Track as our last ride for regular hours and were able to use that return time instead of waiting standby.

zV3Nu8Al.jpg

Since DAS was still running, I grabbed one for Frozen as well.

cpXL5p8l.jpg

We continued our way around the lagoon with another ride through Mexico.

BgTjd7Dl.jpg

It was eerie seeing the pavilion completely empty! I was surprised they even kept that ride running during extra hours, but it was cool to be the only family down there. We had to walk with some purpose, but we made it to France at 10:55 to catch a final ride with Remy.

AnCaHZNl.jpg

The park was officially closed and we made our way slowly to the exit before catching our third friendship boat of the day.

bVOZjCPl.jpg

This was supposed to be a sleepy selfie, but B wasn’t having it. Upon returning to our room, we all promptly conked out.

Looking back, the girls conquered some pretty big rides, between Rise and RnR. We got a ton of rides in at both parks and even managed some downtime at the pool in between. This was also the set up to shifting our schedule for a few days, as Epcot would be the first of three back-to-back, progressively later nights. The girls had proven themselves up to the challenge of an 11pm closing time, but the latest was yet to come. We wouldn't realize until the next morning that B had left our pin trading lanyard behind on Guardians. Thankfully, we only kept our trader pins on the park lanyard, but it was still a bummer for everyone. I put in a missing item request as soon as we knew it was gone and, incredibly, Disney mailed it back to us several weeks later!

With two sit down meals, this was another higher budget food day. However, we shared meals at Sci Fi and used the Disney Visa for 10% off at Biergarten, so it certainly could have been worse.

Food Budget:

Kat Saka’s: $14.91

Woody’s Lunch Box: $9.17

Sci Fi: $93

Biergarten: $207

Daily Total: $324.05

Rolling Total: $1352.70

Last edited:
Well, I have pink all over in my hair and would be honored to ride with A, B, or C on any ride if I ever bump into you all.

Thanks! The girls would love that.

It's definitely one of the more annoying complications of being outnumbered by same aged kids that there's no clear hierarchy of who should get to ride with a parent versus doing it solo. There's no obvious older sibling who should be able to tough it with a stranger...

Following along! Can't wait to read more, and SO glad you're doing well with your treatment! Hugs!

Welcome! 9 down, 3 to go. Summer can't get here soon enough!

Loved your latest updates. The girls did amazing trying out new rides. Love the outfits 🥰

Thanks! These outfits are some of my favorites. Between hand-me-downs and grandparent gifts, I rarely buy my kids cute outfits except for our Disney gear. LOL.

Hello there! It's great to hear from you and I'm thrilled to be a part of your trip report. I'm glad to see that you've found a community of fellow Disney enthusiasts who appreciate your level of detail and are eager to hear about your vacation. It sounds like you had a wonderful time, and I can't wait to read more about it in your report. Happy sharing!

Thanks and welcome!

Day 6: I never would have guessed!

After so many days of busy touring and a late night, my body was finally ready to let me sleep nice and late: 6:30am! I snuck out of the room and downstairs for everyone’s favorite vacation activity: laundry. There were signs with QRs in the room to check the laundry status, so I thought perhaps Disney had corrected that system, which had not been functional when we visited prior.

1684340937046.png

Nope! Totally useless laundry tracking website. :rotfl2: I set my phone timer and grabbed a seat in the Bellevue lounge to wait it out. I was a regular at that point, having snuck down every morning to kill time on my laptop without waking up the kids. This was the longest I hung, though, because we had no morning plans. I switched the clothes to the dryer, browsed some more, and finally the kids were waking up as I brought up our clean basket.

Tink brought the girls Disney Codenames, which was fun until the girls started to compete against each other. Then, the tiredness didn’t pair well with losing and we quickly packed it up.

We relaxed at the pool until noon, grabbed showers, and started towards the bus to Magic Kingdom, as we had a 2:00pm ADR for Steakhouse 71. In the lobby, one of the girls realized she didn’t have her magic band, so I sent everyone ahead, sprinted to get it, and was running down to the bus stop waving my arms, just in time to see the MK bus drive away at 1:!7. Apparently, the trees were blocking Hubby’s view, so he didn’t know how long I’d be and didn’t hold the bus for me. It took forever for a bus time to post and, when it did, it wasn’t going to arrive at Boardwalk until 1:56pm. Rather than being late to our ADR, we opted to call a Lyft straight to the Contemporary. He was available right away and we were glad to be out of the heat and on our way to late lunch.

Steakhouse 71 lunch was delicious! The girls all got the kid’s filet and were practically licking their plates clean. Hubby and I split a salad and the burger, which were also delicious. I know the dinner menu is pretty pricey, but we found the lunch to be excellent and reasonably priced by Disney standards. It was one of our favorite meals of the trip and we’d definitely do it again if we were having lunch on the monorail loop or on the way out of MK.

We were done eating at 2:45 and had some time to kill, so we opted to take the monorail loop around to see Epcot from above.

1684340949325.jpeg

We relaxed, checked out the view of the endless construction, and stayed on to loop back to the TTC. Rather than hopping another monorail, we opted for the boat ride across to MK at 3:45pm.

At 3:55, it was a madhouse in front of MK with folks waiting to enter for the party. We tried the trick of walking further down from where the transportation first drops you off, but all of the lines were at least a dozen families deep. Then, when everyone else started moving, our line was at a standstill. It turns out someone passed out right in the tapstiles! Thankfully, she was sitting up in a wheelchair when we did finally get through, but it’s maybe not the best plan on Disney’s part to have hundreds of people all baking in the direct sun at 4pm in August waiting to get into the park.

At 4:15pm, we were in the park and headed through the bypass to pick up our bags and our first treat of the night. We had decided to use this time to meet Merida but I was worried her line might already be cut off since we got in later than expected. Instead, we found a totally manageable number of families waiting, so we hopped in line. As this was another direct sunlight line, I sent the girls into Cosmic Ray’s for fresh ice water while I held our spot. At 4:35pm we met the lady of the hour.

1684340965354.jpeg

1684340983596.jpeg

1684340997431.jpeg

1684341388062.jpeg

1684341452478.jpeg

This was such an incredible meet. Merida immediately saw that the girls were triplets and asked if they were troublemakers like her brothers. Then, she decided that each of the girls should marry one of her brothers and they started planning the wedding. She was so fun and animated about it, the kids were having a ball. I hope they find a space for her when they retheme that meet area to Encanto. Don’t get me wrong, Mirabel deserves a great spot and I’m glad Disney is getting on that faster than they did with Moana. But, I’d hate for it to come at the expense of meeting Merida. With the triplet connection, she has always been a stellar meet for our family and I don't want to see her go.

After visiting Merida, our DAS for mine train was ready to use. As I looked at what else we might want to pick up, I was shocked at how low the wait times still were. I knew that the party days at MK had been empty, but usually the combination of day and party crowds makes 4-6pm super congested. Instead even heavy hitters were under 30 minutes. Peter Pan went down to 5 minutes at one point! Unfortunately, I don’t have pics from this 7D ride. We were missing a ton of PP rides photos throughout the trip and, each morning before the kids were up, I’d go through on my laptop and put in requests with Disney’s site to find them. About a week after our trip, I got a ton of emails that most of my requests were fulfilled, but there were still a few that never surfaced, like this one. I know trips can be hectic, but I’d definitely recommend trying to carve out some time during or soon after your trip to really look through your photos and put in the requests for missing ones right then while things are still fresh. If you’re paying for Photopass, you want to get everything!

After the coaster, we poked over to see if Belle’s line was still open for her final set and she only had a couple of families waiting.

1684341499023.jpeg

She was also great, asking the kids about their favorite books and their outfits. On the way to our next DAS, we saw a PP photographer looking bored.

1684341541758.jpeg

1684341588166.jpeg

Not the best, but so it goes. I’m glad we stopped a ton over the course of the trip because the junkers balance out against the gems. We tapped into Peter Pan at 5:14, although I’d guess that the standby was still nearly walk on. After that, we walked onto Small World and the girls grabbed the front row to call, “All aboard!”

1EfZI8U.jpg

We were off the ride at 5:45pm and it was time to start working our party plan. The girls had decided that, in addition to all of the Alice characters, they wanted to make Pooh and crew a priority. I had read that 5:45 was the sweet spot for getting into this line, so away we went, but it was already wrapped around the corner and down towards Chesire Café. I held our spot in line while everyone else headed to ride Little Mermaid.

A Rant About This Character Meet (feel free to skip this paragraph if you aren’t feeling the negativity):
Why oh why is one of the most popular holiday party meets set up in such a way that characters are in the heat the whole time and have to walk halfway through Fanstyland to get backstage? This set up meant they would only meet for 20 minutes before it took them 10 minutes to walk backstage and out again. Disney knows this is one of the most popular meets at the party, they know that they cancelled two of the other tops from 2019 (Moana and Seven Dwarfs) making this arguably second behind only Jack and Sally. I get that this spot is themed to Pooh, but I think we’d all have been happy to meet them in Storybook Circus or the Tiki Room where they could have greeted for longer sets in the air conditioning with shorter turnover times for breaks. Plus, then we’d have been waiting in shade or air-conditioning too! While we’re complaining, they were having issues with Eeyore this day. He showed up halfway through his second set, and then never showed up for his third set at all. Because of how much this line crawls, that means a ton of kids got to see that other people met Eeyore, but then he wasn’t there for them. And, the CMs weren’t offering any sort of remedy other than going to get into the line again and hope that he’s there when you get through in another two hours! I get that staffing was still tight in August and I sincerely hope that they’ve figured this out for the next party season. That said, I think it would have been better to just not have Eeyore at all that night if he was going to be hit or miss. Then you at least know what you’re signing up for when you sit in the heat for two hours.
Rant Over

Since the line was so long and moving so slowly, one adult held the spot while the girls came in and out of the line. The characters started meeting at 6:40pm but when they left again at 7pm, I took the girls to quickly do a our first real ToT at Cosmic Rays, then back to line. We also didn’t make it to the front of line for their next set, so there was another ToT break and we returned to waiting. Finally, at 7:45pm, it was our turn to meet the Hundred Acre gang, without Eeyore.

3h0kasFl.jpg

fZVEEBLl.jpg

PEc5L3Hl.jpg

The girls were really upset about Eeyore because they know he’s my favorite, but we encouraged them to shake it off, know that sometimes things just don’t go our way, and to enjoy the rest of the party. We had a DAS ready to use, so at 8:05pm it was time to rocket through Space in the dark.

zx9c41nl.jpg

7NvM8m8l.jpg

I know people have mixed feelings about this ride overlay, but we all loved it. I was shocked how much more intense it felt not seeing anything and we were all laughing at our reactions as we got off.

Last edited:
Day 6: I never would have guessed! (cont’d)

I let Hubby and the girls at the dance party in Tomorrowland and made my way back to the tea cups for our next wait of the night. Given our outfits, we had to meet Alice, the Tweedles, and the Red Queen, which was a serious commitment. Alice and the Mad Hatter’s line was on one side of the ride, while the Red Queen was alternating with the Tweedles on the other. The nice part about that was that there didn’t need to be a break between meets on the Queen/Tweedle line. Whomever was out stayed until their replacement arrived and the CMs were good about coming down the line to warn folks that were in line seeing one character that another would be out by the time they made it to the front. I had about a 25 minute wait and first up were the Tweedles.

FZeYWoll.jpg

mNMPcqWl.jpg

0V9Tg33l.jpg

lo2IMo3l.jpg

This was such a great meet! The picture frame mat that everyone was signing was clearly marked with “Top” and an arrow, because I’m me. But, no matter how many times the kids tried to show the Tweedles, they kept turning it upside down to sign. The girls were laughing their heads off when they gave up and let the Tweedles sign the wrong way.

Hubby and the girls went up to the Storybook Circus area for the dance party and a little ToTing, but I hopped right back in line. I was pretty sure that the line was the right length that, by the time I got to the front again, we’d have the Red Queen. I started chatting with the couple behind me in line. I forget how the conversation started, maybe they said something about meeting the Tweedles and I let them know that, by the time we got to the front, it was going to be the Red Queen? Regardless, it turned out they had bought party tickets without any prior planning or research and I had 25 minutes to kill. Needless to say, we chatted a bunch about what they wanted to do, when and where to see fireworks and the parade, which characters were at which spots, etc. I happened to run back into them in Frontierland grabbing a spot for the second parade and they told me how well everything was working out. As expected, the Red Queen showed up when we were the third family in line and we met her at 9:09pm.

w9JsvBJl.jpg

oJ4dxDsl.jpg

fjCcOtpl.jpg

wcVXcNbl.jpg

Given her character, she wasn’t as funny as the Tweedles but appropriately haughty. She did stop and bow down to Cindy, one queen to another.

With the parade starting, Alice and the Hatter were taking a break, but we needed one, too. The 2pm dinner wasn’t holding us over, and since Cosmic Rays was right there…

CqkVfrYl.jpg

OeP5FVJl.jpg

Certainly not the meal I wanted, but there wasn’t much open, it was right there, and we all needed to sit, eat, and cool off. I went to get into Alice’s line about 9:40 as I knew the parade would be ending soon and I was the third family in line. She came back out at 9:48pm, so that was excellent timing for our final character wait of the night.

o2T5Zt6l.jpg

HfDnHSAl.jpg

cIHnjqyl.jpg

vIfdImol.jpg

puSina7l.jpg

Another incredible meet to finish up our Wonderland visits. Alice and the Hatter loved the girl’s outfits and were very animated while signing for us. After the family photo, I said, “OK, now just Alice with Alice” and the Mad Hatter threw a little fit. “Oh, I guess we’re not needed then?!?” and dragged the other two over to the side with him. It was delightful.

With all of our meet and greets done, it was time to grab a spot for the fireworks. We were able to sneak in about even with the partner’s statue on the Liberty Square side of the hub.

8IoJPHYl.jpg

MFHOG1Il.jpg

We were all getting tired, so we decided to go find our spot for the parade instead of trying to squeeze anything else in, first. On the way, we saw the PP line for the headless horsemen and the hitchhiking ghosts was only about 8 families deep and moving very quickly.

c0PfNpsl.jpg

rvDqtRGl.jpg

g7UtArPl.jpg

I love that they made this one line for two shots and we only had a five minute wait. After staking out a parade seat, Hubby manned the fort this time while I took the girls down to ToT at Country Bears.

ROcG2rYl.jpg

3h4NTlXl.jpg

The characters were just coming out for a promenade and the woman who was running things was delightful. She said, “Wait, I’m seeing triple! Look here, it’s the same girl in three different dresses.” When the girls corrected her, she said, “Oh my gosh! You’re triplets? I never would have guessed!” It’s a nice little addition from Disney to entertain the kids while they’re waiting for the parade. My girls never turn down a chance to dance around and be the center of attention, so they loved it.

av6IMaTl.jpg

4UeucDml.jpg

MT5qNpIl.jpg

The parade was excellent and several characters made it a point to interact with the girls. Also, those hairclips were clutch in moving through thick crowds late at night and being able to keep my eyes on the kids. Absolutely worth a trip to the dollar store.

After the parade, the kids wanted to do a little more ToTing, so I took them to Tortuga Tavern and then the Tiki room while Hubby got us a couple of floats from Sunshine Tree Terrace. At 11:45, we decided to rush across to Tomorrowland for one more round of treats and to check out the photo props they had set up for the party.

MRhSDNhl.jpg

1MBsXBNl.jpg

There was no PP photographer but the CM there was clearly posted to ask for your phone and take a picture. So, the fact that these shots are skewed and don’t get the whole cut out makes me shake my head a little. :rotfl: We arrived at the hub at 11:58pm, just enough time to find a spot for the Sanderson sisters’ show.

QvK0rN7l.jpg

Despite our staying to see the latest stage show, the bus to the resort was still standing room only and the girls were not pleased! I told them it was better to stand on the bus and get to the room than wait who knows how long for the next one, but they made sure I was aware that they were tired for the entire ride back. We were in the room and straight to bed at 1:00am.

We had an incredibly productive party day at Magic Kingdom, considering how much we got done before it started and then how many rare characters we met throughout the evening. If I had to do it all over again, I’d try harder to talk the girls out of meeting Pooh and the gang, but even that unpleasantness was over with only 45 minutes of real party time spent. The Wonderland waits were all much shorter and the greets were super fun, so I would highly recommend that theme for a family costume at a future MNSSHP. In watching the boards, it appears that we also lucked into the only dry Halloween party in August! There were a lot of washouts or near washouts, so we were thrilled to have the whole evening without rainy interruptions.

This was another low budget day, with split meals and few snacks. The Lyft cost was just unfortunate timing, although it was definitely a more pleasant way to get to the Contemporary than having to go through security at MK and walk.

Food Budget:

Steakhouse 71: $102
Cosmic Ray’s: $26.60
Sunshine Tree Terrace: $14.89
Day Total: $143.49
Rolling Total: $1496.19

Lyft Ride: $18.62

Last edited:
You really did get great value out of your party night. Sounds like you had some pretty amazing interactions with the characters ( Pooh and co aside). For some reason I can’t see your photos but I will try again later as they sound brilliant.
You girls are troopers managing such a late night though I’m laughing at how they made sure you knew they were tired in the bus ride home 😂😂😂

You really did get great value out of your party night. Sounds like you had some pretty amazing interactions with the characters ( Pooh and co aside). For some reason I can’t see your photos but I will try again later as they sound brilliant.
You girls are troopers managing such a late night though I’m laughing at how they made sure you knew they were tired in the bus ride home 😂😂😂
Yeah, I have to figure out what's going on with linked images on the boards. The way I've always done my photos (linked imgur) is suddenly broken. I can see them when I am editing the comment and then when I post they disappear. If you look back, old posts that were fine are also messed up.

I was hoping that the technical issue would resolve itself instead of finding a new way to post my pictures. We'll see if I get a response on my IT support thread...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter