Can you schedule a specific time for daily room inspection?

I guess the good thing is you didn't know - means they didn't disturb you! It's something we all have to learn to deal with if we're going to stay on Disney property. They do disclose it when making reservations, most of us (myself included) don't read that part!

We used a friends and family discount so it was booked for us. Maybe it was in the fine print of the email though. I guess they must have come in while we were at the parks. We aren't doing anything illegal in our room so I'm not too concerned as long as they aren't touching all my stuff.

We used a friends and family discount so it was booked for us. Maybe it was in the fine print of the email though. I guess they must have come in while we were at the parks. We aren't doing anything illegal in our room so I'm not too concerned as long as they aren't touching all my stuff.
They have been doing it since the tragedy in Las Vegas. It's a cursory look around the room sometimes combined with emptying the trash. They aren't supposed to "rifle" through your belongings.

They have been doing it since the tragedy in Las Vegas. It's a cursory look around the room sometimes combined with emptying the trash. They aren't supposed to "rifle" through your belongings.

Oh wow...I didn't even make that connection. Hearing that makes me quite happy they do these checks then!

For the most part they try to work around people's schedules. Since I'm up there often, every 3 months or so, I've had lots of stays at many different DVC resorts, and it's only been a single handful of days out of many dozens that I got a knock at the door while in the room - and those times they asked when was a better time.

My Disney schedule varies - when I'm there with family or friends, I'm usually out in the late morning, back briefly before dinner, then out again at night. When I'm there solo, I usually stay in the room until after noon, sometimes 1pm, then head out for the afternoon and evening. By the second day, they seem to get the pattern and do the room checks when I'm not there. A few times, I've had the staff call to ask because they noticed the Occupied tag up past noon on two consecutive days, and I let them know I'll always be leaving by 1pm.

You can at the front desk request a time and they will try to honor the request. At Vero Beach last month they were running late on a 12 day visit and called to apologize.

To be nicer than the above poster, Disney’s policy is to do a routine daily check of the hotel room to prevent incidents. Wow just a few more words in this past sentence to be courteous than be mean!

I'm totally fine with safety room inspections- although clearly they wouldn't see much unless they started looking through personal belongings, in luggage, etc...which I don't like. Once my son left his stuffy on his ( open) suitcase, and when we returned it was on the bed. Especially since Covid- hands off our stuff!

I remember one time, when we were in a 1 BR, I was resting in the BR when they came in to do the safety inspection. The BR door was ajar, so DH said "My wife's resting" "Oh, then I won't go in there" Considerate, but no proof the BR was safe.

I remember one time, when we were in a 1 BR, I was resting in the BR when they came in to do the safety inspection. The BR door was ajar, so DH said "My wife's resting" "Oh, then I won't go in there" Considerate, but no proof the BR was safe.
Reasonably certain the primary goal is to make the Disney resorts less convenient for anyone up to no good. In other words, someone up to something isn't even going to bother going to a Disney resort on even the slimmest chance someone could discover what they are up to. Much easier to simply go to a hotel where you know no one is coming in, regardless of why or to what extent.

Last edited:
Staying at BCV with a child that needs a daily nap. If we speak to desk at checkin, could we potentially schedule the room check instead of random time daily barge ins? Anyone successful with this?
Amazon sells a “Do not disturb, baby is sleeping” door hanger. I always bring that with me and hang on the door when we’ve got a napping kid.

Never had anyone knock on the door when we've had the do not disturb sign up, however we always make sure to remove it when we leave the room so that the trash is removed.

How does this work with DVC? We don't get room service at all, as we typically do a split stay of three, then four nights.

How does this work with DVC? We don't get room service at all, as we typically do a split stay of three, then four nights.
They will still come to the room once per day to take the trash (and change towels on day 4). They won’t come if the sign is up on the door but they are supposed to come once per day as part of the wellness check. We always make sure to remove the sign when we go to the parks or leave the room for an extended period. I would imagine they will knock on the door with the sign up if you leave it on for over 24 hours continuously but we’ve never done that.

Upon some reflection: I also tend to think they come in and see if you're super messy, or had a rager party destroying stuff... although that's hardly typical of a Disney resort LOL. But my DH travels a lot and he says they do the room checks everywhere. Honestly, when we were in the villa, I took full advantage of the check, asked for coffee, fresh towels.... take advantage of the situation!

They will still come to the room once per day to take the trash (and change towels on day 4). They won’t come if the sign is up on the door but they are supposed to come once per day as part of the wellness check. We always make sure to remove the sign when we go to the parks or leave the room for an extended period. I would imagine they will knock on the door with the sign up if you leave it on for over 24 hours continuously but we’ve never done that.
We have seen situations where they did come in for a quick check and trash removal even with the DND sign. In our experience, they have been very polite and knocked - and when we answered and asked for them to return later, they agreed without issue. Most days, we're in the parks and it's done while we're gone - that's how we noticed that trash was gone even if we forgot the DND.

We spend a lot of time in the room now, even late into the afternoon especially in summertime. So we keep the Room Occupied sign on the door. We’ve often had them knock on the door and ask to come in to empty trash, and we’ve always consented. Once or twice we’ve had a phone call asking when they could come - once the call was after the CM had visited already.

he says they do the room checks everywhere.

They don't

Certain chains or locations might but it's limited.

Dont travel as much as precovid but have spent full days in rooms without a single knock.

Marriot though is one that is super annoying with their checks. One of the other big lines they never disrupt you if you have dnd hanged (which I do when I check in until I check out lots of times).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter