Canadian DISer's Weight Loss Get In Shape Thread

Disney Mama- Good for you. That is almost the best you could hope for. I am going in Nov and that is all I am hoping for. I am just afraid to get out of control with the desserts etc and gain weight. You should be very proud of yourself especially with the free dining. I'd say you are AMAZING!!:cool1:

No free dining for me..... That is just way to much food for us. My big down fall is Goofys Candy shop. Only went in once :woohoo: and only bought stuff for the kids. Good luck to you with the free dining. Most of the dessert in Disney look amazing.

Dining at Disney World is worth gaining a few pounds for (and the effort required to lose it once back in the Real World) but doing it and not gaining weight! That is awesome!

One and half weeks until my best friend's wedding and I am only half a pound away from the goal I had set for then. I am so excited to be on track for a change!

Keep up the good work everybody. Listening to the challenges we all face makes me feel less alone out here.

Perfectparanoia, Congrats on the weight loss. How did you do it?? How much are you down??:thumbsup2

Disney Mama, What is your weakness at Goofy's??? I haven't been there yet. We are going in Nov but not with free dining.

Disney Mama, What is your weakness at Goofy's??? I haven't been there yet. We are going in Nov but not with free dining.

Any candy is a big weakness for me. Just wait till you see their selection and you will understand what I am talking about. The caramel apples are to die for! Have a fun and safe trip in November.:goodvibes

Any candy is a big weakness for me. Just wait till you see their selection and you will understand what I am talking about. The caramel apples are to die for! Have a fun and safe trip in November.:goodvibes

DW and I were suckers for the build-your-own rice krispy mickey head. It was awesome! You get to pick what kind of chocolate it's dipped in, what toppings (think of DQ Blizzard toppings) and then what kind of "drizzle" you wanted (milk chocolate, white chocolate, caramel). Good golly it was incredible. The best part was that these delish treats were snacks on the DDP. I'm not sure if they still are or not though.

Sorry if I gave anyone a mental image that made them run to the pantry!!!

I lost it by exercising and eating better (mostly counting calories). I am down 24 pounds (my gosh I hadn't thought of the actual number until now, that's a lot).

This is my third run at losing the weight and I am doing it very slowly. I decided not to give up things that involve eating but are important to me (like thanksgiving dinner, weddings and nights out with friends) but on not 'special' days I will eat super helathy and exercise.

I have lost the weight before but always gained it back once I am off the 'diet.' This time is different because I am not on or off I am just living healthily and doing things on my terms.

I hope.

I lost it by exercising and eating better (mostly counting calories). I am down 24 pounds (my gosh I hadn't thought of the actual number until now, that's a lot).

This is my third run at losing the weight and I am doing it very slowly. I decided not to give up things that involve eating but are important to me (like thanksgiving dinner, weddings and nights out with friends) but on not 'special' days I will eat super helathy and exercise.

I have lost the weight before but always gained it back once I am off the 'diet.' This time is different because I am not on or off I am just living healthily and doing things on my terms.

I hope.

You are sooo right!!! I think that is why I always have failed in the past. Its not a diet. We have to find a way to be happy doing this for the rest of our lives!!! I wish I had figured this out years ago!!!!:idea: 12 years of being way too big!!

DW and I were suckers for the build-your-own rice krispy mickey head. It was awesome! You get to pick what kind of chocolate it's dipped in, what toppings (think of DQ Blizzard toppings) and then what kind of "drizzle" you wanted (milk chocolate, white chocolate, caramel). Good golly it was incredible. The best part was that these delish treats were snacks on the DDP. I'm not sure if they still are or not though.

Sorry if I gave anyone a mental image that made them run to the pantry!!!

My kids are going to LOVE this!!!! I might have to try one too!!!:thumbsup2

Hey Canadian dis'ers....what's going on??? Did we all lose momentum??? I say we get back on track....what were your goals? I will be the first to admit that I haven't really been keeping up with the program, but now I have to get back on....I have to lose at least 20 pounds by March....so, let's all get back into motivation and remember why we all came together in the first place!!!!

I just found this new cereal called Alpen...all organic ingredients with no sugar or salt added (good for me....I am very sensitive to salt, borderline allergic!). I just added a bit of Splenda and you know what? It's not bad. I was eating Kashi cereal for the longest time but got VERY sick of it, so had to switch. Not many cereals out there with no sugar.

Also, started my marathon training....I hope I can continue the momentum for the 2009 WDW Marathon! Who's with me????

I haven't stepped on a scale for awhile...to be honest, I don't think I really want to knowb because I know I've gained weight....give me a couple of weeks and maybe I will get on there to get an "initial" weight.

I finally convinced DBF to get rid of some of the things in the house to help support me in my quest for weight loss...including the candy and the beer (this was the BIG one). I assured him it wasn't going to be forever and he finally gave in. We don't buy alot of chips or fattening things to begin with, so it wasn't hard to get him to agree. Of course, all things in moderation.

Anyways, keep up the good work Canadians!! We are going to succeed!! Just think, if we all stuck to it and we all succeeded, that would be a loss of over 500 pounds combined!!! Go Dis'ers!

Jo

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone. Don't eat too much pie!!! LOL! Everything in moderation right!!:thumbsup2

I'm with you ChrisJo. We were once weighing in every Sunday and checking in with how we were all doing. I also haven't been that great lately but I love the support on this site and just need a kick. Keep going everyone. I have stayed the samr weight wise for the past 2 weeks.

Hi all~ It's been a long time since I've been on here. I'd say you are all doing quite well just to stay the same; at least there are no real gains. I have been about the same for the past week or two as well...waiting to see the scale move again!! I definitely need to lose 15 more pounds, but I really WANT to lose 25...by Spring. Hope we can all stay motivated!! Good luck!

I have heard so many rave reviews about Dole Whips in MK. I was thinking of trying one and then started to wonder...how bad are these things. Just found this and wanted to share. I was surprised to read that is NON dairy...which is great for my neice who is allergic to milk. We could all share it. (cause I am sure the serving size is NOT 1/2 cup!!:lmao: )

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 1/2 cup prepared (86g)
Servings Per Container: 72

Amount Per Serving Per 0 0

Calories 90 Calories Calories from Fat 25

Per Serving Per 0 0 % Daily Value*
Total Fat 2.5 g 0 g 4%

Saturated Fat 2.5 g 0 g 13%

Trans Fat 0 g 0 g

Cholesterol 0 mg 0 mg 0%

Sodium 75 mg 0 mg 3%

Total Carbohydrate 17 g 0 g 6%

Dietary Fiber 0 g 0 g 0%

Sugars 13 g 0 g

Protein 0 g 0 g

So it looks like it isn't that bad. YAHOO!!!

Time to bump and keep this going!

Weight Watchers is working! I have lost 7 pounds WOOOOOOHOOOOO!:cool1:

Congrats, Drag n'fly on the seven pound!!WOOHOOO!!!!:cool1: :cool1: Keep up the great work!!

How is everyone doing??? I have been doing my walking and journalling my food. I better now that Thanksgiving is over. Anyone else have a hard time over the holidays??
Scale says I am up one. It lies!!:rotfl2:
Went and bought jeans in Niagara Falls, NY since the Canadian $ is so good. I got jeans for $18 Yahoooo!!! I'm not really into name brands as long as they look good. And I fit in a size 20!!! Thats a big jump for me. So nice to finally be able to find things that look nice on.

Does anyone else love the Terry's chocolate oranges at Christmas? I do and tonight I found a substitution. Cadbury has the thin chocolate bars that are 100 cal and now they have an orange flavour milk chocolate. OMG!!! Sinful and within the budget. I will be asking Santa to bring one of those for sure!!! Just thought I would pass it on.

Christmas morning I used to enjoy a bit of chocolate orange and my tea. I am so happy that I won't have to go without. This is definitely a substitution I can live with. I haven't had chocolate in a while. Wow was that good. Savoured every bite. I recently read an article on sparkpeople that says that if you are craving chocolate that you should have some because if you don't you will eat and eat and eventually give and have the chocolate anyways.
They say to make sure and savour everybite and let it melt in your mouth. Apparently they did a study that shows its not only the chemicals in the chocolate that make us feel good it is also the creamy melt in your mouth texture. Sorry if now everyone is craving chocolate.:lmao:

Are you having a good week or a bad week? I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I am sort of excited to go since I have a killer outfit that I feel good in and all the people there haven't seen me since I lost 43 lbs. I hope someone notices!!! That would be nice. I will post after the weekend and let ya know how it went. I probably will indulge in some drinks. I haven't had a drink since new years!! I should be a cheap drunk. Just coming of night shift in the am so it should be interesting....drinks and no sleep. I may be under the table napping before midnight. What a party girl! (used to be...what happened:rolleyes1 )

Does anyone else love the Terry's chocolate oranges at Christmas? I do and tonight I found a substitution. Cadbury has the thin chocolate bars that are 100 cal and now they have an orange flavour milk chocolate. OMG!!! Sinful and within the budget. I will be asking Santa to bring one of those for sure!!! Just thought I would pass it on.

Christmas morning I used to enjoy a bit of chocolate orange and my tea. I am so happy that I won't have to go without. This is definitely a substitution I can live with. I haven't had chocolate in a while. Wow was that good. Savoured every bite. I recently read an article on sparkpeople that says that if you are craving chocolate that you should have some because if you don't you will eat and eat and eventually give and have the chocolate anyways.
They say to make sure and savour everybite and let it melt in your mouth. Apparently they did a study that shows its not only the chemicals in the chocolate that make us feel good it is also the creamy melt in your mouth texture. Sorry if now everyone is craving chocolate.:lmao:

Are you having a good week or a bad week? I have a wedding to go to this weekend and I am sort of excited to go since I have a killer outfit that I feel good in and all the people there haven't seen me since I lost 43 lbs. I hope someone notices!!! That would be nice. I will post after the weekend and let ya know how it went. I probably will indulge in some drinks. I haven't had a drink since new years!! I should be a cheap drunk. Just coming of night shift in the am so it should be interesting....drinks and no sleep. I may be under the table napping before midnight. What a party girl! (used to be...what happened:rolleyes1 )

MMMMMMM....chocolate. I have starbucks liquer I haven't cracked open yet. I have ice brb LOL:lmao:

I am a cheap date too! I am 41 and after three drinks I am under the table~!

Well I went to the wedding and I was so proud of myself. I was not a cheap drunk. I was so shocked. I paced myself well with a diet coke and glass of water between each drink and I lasted all night. I did have one shot of zambooka (sp?) from my brother in law (father of groom). Boy did that bring back memories of my party days.:sick: I put veggies for half my plate, quater of meat and quarter of pasta/potatoes. I even controlled my dessert weakness and only had ONE!!!!!:cool1: Around 11pm I was feeling my sugar bottom out and grabbed some fruit from the dessert table.

All in all a great night out. Nice to let loose with my hubby. To top it off I felt great in my new outfit in my new SIZE. Even though no one mentioned my weightloss I felt great.

I hope I can be that "in control" in disney. We leave in 14 days!!! WOOHOO!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter