Canadian DVC Members - 198 - List on Page 1

Can anyone tell me how much member pricing would be to add on 100 pts at AKV. I have the exact same situation as Nagle, I bought 160 last month at the AKV and really want 100 more!!!!

My wife called the other day and I believe the price quoted was $93 USD.

John

We bought into SSR in September of 2004. I have already added on once and would really like to buy into AKL.

I have issue with the current contest only being open to the American DVC members!

That really frosts my windows.:eek:

Just found this thread - own at Beach and Sara, and like others wish that I had done so sooner!!!

Bought BWV in 2000 and have never regretted it!:cool1: As everyone says- wish we had done it earlier:thumbsup2

I have a quick question...DH & I know that we will be taking yearly trips to WDW (we both LOVE it there) and we are looking into DVC for the future. I was wondering lets say I bought the minimum pts at SSR @ 150pts for $15,100 are my points renewed each year (Say I don;t use 150 one year do I have 300 points next year?) Can you bank points? (Say the first few years with an infant we just get a studio and have like 15 pts left over, can I bank those and have 165 the next and continue banking until I have enough for when we will need a 2 bedroom?) Final question (I promise) How much do extra points cost (per point please)

Thanks everyone...I am gonna post this in the DVC board area as well!!

To the previous poster, you can bank your points for one year but I don't think you can bank them again if you don't use them in the next use year. You can however borrow from the following year, so it is possible to use three years worth of points in one year. I hope that makes sense.

We love DVC, went to HHI and SSR for March break. Loved it. I am taking my mother to SSR this Sept:cool1:

We worked with Bernard Lebeupin for at least a year befor we ended up buying. If you want to call him his number is 1-800-827-7196. He was very good to deal with. Did not pressure us in any way. He is still very good to deal with.

You can bank points into the next year and you can borrow from the next year. For example. Bank 07 points into 08 and then borrow from 09 to have three years available. But if you don't use the 07 points in 08 - you loose them.

You buy points at the current per point cost and each point costs the same.

We now own 320 points and I am looking into buying at the AKV....can't wait for that.

Good luck.

Good Day,

I guess I am one of the first Canadian DVC members - we joined when there was only one DVC, now Old Key West. We bought in in March 1993 at $55 pointand when the purchase included free park admission to New Year's Eve 1999! Since then we have made an annual trip to the home of the Mouse and still enjoy our times there, despite now being just two in the family.
We bought an additional 50 points last year through the TimeShare Store and found their service to be top notch.
Since our original purchase, values have increased markedly and even taking into account the annual fees, we are still ahead of the game, even without selling our interest. When we eventually do sell out, I expect we will in fact make a profit on the transaction; not a bad investment at all, to say nothing of the enjoyment we have derived from it!

Sev
Long-time DVC Member
Ottawa

Hello All, I am negotiating for some points through the timeshare store and and have a few nagging thoughts. #1 Do you have to file an income tax report on owning property in the USA on your canadian income tax report? #2 How important is Your use month. I always go around 20-26 of Dec every year. How hard will it be to get and what is the best way to do it? Thank You

Sorry, I just bought so I can't answer all your questions, but I'll try my best.
1 - I don't know
2 - I don't think the Use Month is that important. It's just the month you get your points deposited into your account. It comes into play when you are banking points but if you always go the same time you shouldn't have any issues. I think???
3 - That time of year is extremely busy everywhere, not just at Disney resorts. You can book 11 months out at your home resort from your departure date. So you can call first thing in the morning(11 months out) and do a one night ressie for you first night. Then call the next day and add on a day, and so on, and on, until your ressie has all the nights booked that you need. Or you can take a chance that a room will be available and just make the ressie 11 months out from your departure date.
Hope that helps,
Shayne

Hello All, I am negotiating for some points through the timeshare store and and have a few nagging thoughts. #1 Do you have to file an income tax report on owning property in the USA on your canadian income tax report? #2 How important is Your use month. I always go around 20-26 of Dec every year. How hard will it be to get and what is the best way to do it? Thank You

We have owned since 01 and our accountant told us we did not have to file the timeshare (DVC) on our taxes.

Another DVC'er here. We bought July 2006 and have been back once already. Can't wait to use points to go other places too, like Spain and such.

Just a quick note if anyone is looking for a really really great DVC forum let me know via PM with your e mail address or I can send you my e mail address and give you the link as I can't post it here they won't allow it. This DVC site has everything you could ever want to know about DVC from historical dues costs to contract info and rental contracts etc. It is incredible and it is run extremely well.

Hey, thanks for finding this CanadianGuy, my search never works????

At last count we were at 44, anybody new lately?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter