Cancellation Contact / Offer Tracker

We have 2 sailings 1st: Dream May 22nd and 2nd Fantasy June 27 Just received my letter for the first of our sailings yesterday (March 15th) stating that I could get 100% cruise credit to be used within 15 months and can hold off all the way until the day before embarkation to cancel and get the deal...My thoughts so far are that there was no mention in my email about the option for a refund just cruise credit...and only 100% cruise credit compared to other lines offering as much as 200%. With the late rebookings and the amount of people that are going to be rebooked none of us will be able to get our same cruises for the same price...

wow, who is offering 200%?
Disney did offer the 150% for last minute cancellations, and then 125% for the others this month.
They may up it again later in April when they are slated to re-open and can't.

wow, who is offering 200%?
Disney did offer the 150% for last minute cancellations, and then 125% for the others this month.
They may up it again later in April when they are slated to re-open and can't.
I just watched a travel agent youtube video that went over all the major lines and what they are offering as compensation...Disney is the only one that is being secretive about it and taking it on a case by case basis. Everyone else it is publicized...I believe its Princess that is doing the 200% but I could be mistaken...

Cruise date: 4/11/20 (Fantasy / W Caribbean)
Disney contact: 3/16 (noon)
Offer: Refund or 125% credit within 15 months.

Received my refund offer for 4/11 fantasy sailing a couple minutes ago, its the same as reported 125% future cruise or full refund.
We will be choosing the refund. I will post an update once the refund is actually processed

I just watched a travel agent youtube video that went over all the major lines and what they are offering as compensation...Disney is the only one that is being secretive about it and taking it on a case by case basis. Everyone else it is publicized...I believe its Princess that is doing the 200% but I could be mistaken...
From a quick online search, it looks like the 200% is on Virgin Voyages. Most other cruise lines are offering the 125% future cruise credit.

We have 2 sailings 1st: Dream May 22nd and 2nd Fantasy June 27 Just received my letter for the first of our sailings yesterday (March 15th) stating that I could get 100% cruise credit to be used within 15 months and can hold off all the way until the day before embarkation to cancel and get the deal...My thoughts so far are that there was no mention in my email about the option for a refund just cruise credit...and only 100% cruise credit compared to other lines offering as much as 200%. With the late rebookings and the amount of people that are going to be rebooked none of us will be able to get our same cruises for the same price...
we are on the June 27th also. Not sure it will all be over by then

Cruise date: 4/12/20 (Wonder / Mexican Riviera)
Disney contact: 3/16
Offer: 100% refund or 125% credit within 15 months (and full refund if not used by 15 month)

Cruise date: 4/11/20 (Fantasy / W Caribbean)
Disney contact: 3/16 (noon)
Offer: Refund or 125% credit within 15 months.
This is us.

The email also indicates that another follow-up email will outline how the 125% cruise credit can be used.

I received the 150% for my 03/14 cruise. Does anyone know what happens to the excess credit should you book a cheaper cruise? Onboard credit? Lose it? Available for future cruise?

Anyone know how long we have to decide before they just do an automatic refund? I'm still trying to get my head around what's going on and trying to rebook is the last thing on my plate. But I don't want to miss my opportunity because I didn't decide and apply for the credit in time.

Got my email from Disney this morning (cruise is cancelled).
Cruise date: 4/5 on Wonder
Offer is refund or 125% credit to be used in 15 months.

A week ago when I knew it would probably be cancelled I was going to take the credit, since we were booked concierge (for the first time, sigh) and that is a lot of extra $. Now we’re not sure DH’s small startup he works for will still be in business in a few months so we’ll request a refund. Unfortunately a ton of that money will be refunded to Disney gift cards! Oh well. At least when we can cruise again it will all be paid for.

I sure hope so...we booked that for the 9 day and 2 days of fireworks...can't really be replaced...
there is another one in July 2021 but you lose the second day of fireworks.

The government is going to slow this virus down to where it is going to take months to get it really under control.

If our cruise gets cancelled and i am offered a refund............I am most definitely taking it. There is n telling how long this thing will be going on and how long one of us may be out of work, laid off, etc and we will need the 20k we have invested in this upcoming cruise.

Thanks for tracking. On the Honolulu to vancouver cruise and received a letter just offering 100% credit toward a future cruise

I'm on this cruise as well and didn't get an offer, but I wouldn't accept that knowing that the cruise most likely will be canceled, at which time they'd have to refund or at least give the 125% towards a new cruise.

I received the 150% for my 03/14 cruise. Does anyone know what happens to the excess credit should you book a cheaper cruise? Onboard credit? Lose it? Available for future cruise?
My travel agent just told me that if you book a cheaper cruise the excess with go to your onboard credits....didn't think to ask the follow up question as to what happens if you don't spend it all on the cruise but I'd imagine at that point you'd lose it...just my thoughts though

Interesting. I'm booked on this sailing also, but haven't received an email. Perhaps because I'm booked on a CM rate?

Is this email saying that a full refund is not an option at this time? I wonder if we'd need to wait until the DCL suspension is officially extended. I'm a bit perplexed as to how they can avoid offering a refund on a cruise that clearly cannot continue as advertised.

I haven't called to ask because I have more than a month for them to sort it out, and I'm sure the CMs are getting slammed. If they would incentivize me at all to take the credit, I would. Otherwise, I fail to see the perk in letting them hold on to my money (paid in full at booking!) and tying myself to a re-booking time limit.

Yep, no offer for refund yet. I’m going to wait. 100% credit is not enough to entice me when it’s inevitable that an offer for a full refund will be on the table soon.

My travel agent just told me that if you book a cheaper cruise the excess with go to your onboard credits....didn't think to ask the follow up question as to what happens if you don't spend it all on the cruise but I'd imagine at that point you'd lose it...just my thoughts though

Thanks. Good to know. Our preference is that it would be an onboard credit so we can just live it up a little as opposed to being our normal cheap selfs. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter