Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

Question: Would you cancel CLP if a narrator was booked that you were not interested in?? So far the early November narrators have not been announced...what if its someone who makes you go "Eh"...would you skip CLP this year??? Discuss...

Yes I would, BUT only because we see the show multiple times each year - if this were my first time seeing the show, or I was only seeing it once, I would take whoever I could get. The show itself is so beautiful and Christmassy and lovely, I think the narrator really takes a backseat to the music most of the time.

I only say I'd cancel because we've seen some really crappy narrators that took attention away from the show, in my opinion. I think the narrator should compliment the show, not try to be the star, and we've seen some that didn't seem to feel the same way!

Yes I would, BUT only because we see the show multiple times each year - if this were my first time seeing the show, or I was only seeing it once, I would take whoever I could get. The show itself is so beautiful and Christmassy and lovely, I think the narrator really takes a backseat to the music most of the time.

I only say I'd cancel because we've seen some really crappy narrators that took attention away from the show, in my opinion. I think the narrator should compliment the show, not try to be the star, and we've seen some that didn't seem to feel the same way!

Now I agree with you on this...I have see the CLP many times before...my BF has never been to WDW/DL...so I'm taking him on his 1st trip...but I promised him I wouldn't go 'all over broad' with the planning...he wants a more relaxing WDW trip...so if I think the narrators scheduled after Thanksgiving are just 'Eh' it will not be a big loss...I have many more Disney/Christmas moments planned for the week...and there will be many more CLPs in the years to come...LOLOL...

My reservation has us in the 6:45 show, but I toyed with the idea of adjusting so we could get the 5:00, just because I don't want to push the tolerance envelope to hard with the kiddo. I think we'll be okay, but my question is, given that sunset around the November 30 - December 2 window is right AT 5:00, it seems like it'd be more a "Twilight" Processional with Candles, as opposed to "it's dark outside and now we have a" Candlelight Processional. In other words, I think it'd be more dramatic if it was dark already.

CP vets, what say you?

I prefer the show in the dark but not the 8:15 because by the time you get out, most of the good illuminations spots are gone. So my preference has always been the 6:45.

My reservation has us in the 6:45 show, but I toyed with the idea of adjusting so we could get the 5:00, just because I don't want to push the tolerance envelope to hard with the kiddo. I think we'll be okay, but my question is, given that sunset around the November 30 - December 2 window is right AT 5:00, it seems like it'd be more a "Twilight" Processional with Candles, as opposed to "it's dark outside and now we have a" Candlelight Processional. In other words, I think it'd be more dramatic if it was dark already.

CP vets, what say you?

My personal favorite is the 6.45pm show. The 5.00pm show just isn't quite dark enough, in my opinion, to feel truly Christmassy (I realize that sounds ridiculous!) and the 8.00pm show is too late for my kids to cope with. 6.45pm it's dark, but you get out with enough time to get a snack and get a good spot for Illuminations.

Does it typically take long for Disney to fill in the rest of the narrators? I'm hoping it doesn't take long since some of our dining plans will be changing depending on who we prefer to see.

A lot of people have said that they continue to update the narrator list until very close to the show.

A lot of people have said that they continue to update the narrator list until very close to the show.

Blah, that stinks...The two days we planned to do the processional dinner package during our trip have no narrator announced. Hopefully we don't have to wait too long to get our plans set.

Does it typically take long for Disney to fill in the rest of the narrators? I'm hoping it doesn't take long since some of our dining plans will be changing depending on who we prefer to see.

The schedule may not be finalized any time soon. You can always book the CP dining package for all the days you are considering going then cancel down the road.

We were at Disney last week, so my stalking for a bon voyage CP breakfast adr, was put on hold. Did they ever release them?

Due to marriage and compromise I'll be missing this on our trip :sad: there is a Tampa Bay Lightning game the same night so we'll be heading to that! Bummed we couldn't fit it on any other day! Hope you all have the best time (& if you're looking for a Dec 7 reservation you can find it in the restaurant thread!)

I see that Whoopi Goldberg is now scheduled for December 1 - 3. Yay - that's one of my dates. Also, they just added Matt Bomer - 11/27 - 11/28 and Warwick Davis - 12/12 - 12/14.
Dang it, Matt, you couldn't have chosen the 11/29 - 11/30 window????

We have a choice of 2 days for Candlelight Processional - Nov 29 (TBA) or Dec 3 - Whoopi Goldberg. For those who have been before, how was Whoopi as a narrator?

I agree...would have been nice to see him for my B-day...let's see who'll they put in for 11/29....FINGERS CROSSED!!!!
DITTO!!! I'm tickled that one of the choices during our trip is going to be Whoopi, whom I've always liked, but if, say, they announced Lin-Manuel Miranda or Dwayne Johnson for the other spot, both of whom would be VERY Disney relevant, I'd be okay with that. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter