Candlelight Processional 2017 Watch- updated with Narrator list as of 7/1

We are so excited about this! First time at WDW during Christmastime. Dec. 4th-11th. We would like to see Ming Na Wen, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Anthony Macki or Jim Caviezel. When do the dining packages usually come out? And how quickly do they sell out? We are wanting to do the lunch at GG package.

Does anybody have opinions on doing CP without the dining package? How bad is the line? Planning to go Dec 3rd, and it's the first time I'll be in WDW around the holiday season

We are so excited about this! First time at WDW during Christmastime. Dec. 4th-11th. We would like to see Ming Na Wen, Stephen Curtis Chapman, Anthony Macki or Jim Caviezel. When do the dining packages usually come out? And how quickly do they sell out? We are wanting to do the lunch at GG package.
The past 2 years the packages have gone on sale late June to early July. Keep in mind that the entire narrator list doesn't come out until late November so you might be booking a package for a TBA narrator.

Does anybody have opinions on doing CP without the dining package? How bad is the line? Planning to go Dec 3rd, and it's the first time I'll be in WDW around the holiday season
I have never bought the CP package and have gone every year for the past 11 years (my kids sing/have sung in the choir) I do get there early to guarantee a seat for the performance my kids would be in and don't have a problem.
Depending on narrator you would have to wait as much as a couple of hours and with less known or less crowded nights maybe you can get a seat with an hour to 45 minute wait. There are only about 250 to 300 spots available for standby per performance

there's no music while the narrator is speaking so it'll be easy to hear and it's usually very quiet unless you sit towards the back of the theater where you can hear the people walking around World Showcase
Thanks so much. I think we'll give it a try then. Hopefully we get a nice clear narrator with a lower voice that she can understand easily.

Has anyone ever had a narrator that they *didn't* like? Or at least, who didn't live up to their expectations? I'm just curious, I'm planning to go no matter who is narrating :)

This will be our first trip to Disney at Christmas. We can't wait to see the CP and Holidays Around the World.

How early do you have to get in line for the show with/without the dining package? We read somewhere that when NPH was there, people started lining up in the standby line at 12:00pm for the 5:00pm show. Is that typical? Also, we read thatif you're line for one of the later shows, you can hear the show that is currently in progress while in line. Is that true? Thanks!

Could someone enlighten me regarding how they charge for the package. Meaning is it similar to the special parties at MK where there is no refund if you purchase four packages but two people drop out? After reading that people book more than one package before they know who the narrator is I'm assuming that you CAN cancel a package. But if you can cancel can you cancel a part of your party and keep the package reservation?

I had to cancel one person last year. I just called the dining reservation number and they took care of it for me. If you cancel two days ahead of time, you are not charged, but if you cancel after that, you are charged full price not just the $10/person no show fee.

How early do you have to get in line for the show with/without the dining package? We read somewhere that when NPH was there, people started lining up in the standby line at 12:00pm for the 5:00pm show. Is that typical? Also, we read thatif you're line for one of the later shows, you can hear the show that is currently in progress while in line. Is that true? Thanks!

I went to a show with NPH last year with a dining package and got in line a little over an hour early and I was no where near the front of the line. I've never done standby so I can't answer to that, but a pp answered about the standby line.

I went to a show with NPH last year with a dining package and got in line a little over an hour early and I was no where near the front of the line. I've never done standby so I can't answer to that, but a pp answered about the standby line.

Wow! So, do the lines get like that for all narrators or just him? How early should you line for the show to be in front of the line if you have the dining package? Not necessarily at one of his shows, but just in general. Thanks!

Wow! So, do the lines get like that for all narrators or just him? How early should you line for the show to be in front of the line if you have the dining package? Not necessarily at one of his shows, but just in general. Thanks!
NPH is probably one of the most sought out narrators, I have seen people in the dinning package line as early as 2 hours before a show.
For NPH at the standby line people tend to start the line around noon for the first show at 5pm

We've never done the dining package for the CP, only Eat to the Beat and we find we never need it, I believe once or twice our party has had to split up, but that is also because we showed up after it began, but we still got seats and still loved it. This year we are planning on just playing it by ear again and we will see what happens. Hahaha

Following. My daughter will be performing the candlelight procession on December 1 with her school choir.
That is so special! I attended the CP for the four years a friend's daughter sang in the choir. Her school did not always know so far ahead, but we were always able to get some package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter