Candlelight Processional dining packages?

MouseMamaToMany

Mouseketeer
I’ve been reading that there’s a decent chance WDW will bring back Candlelight Processional this year. If that does happen, I MUST score a ressie! (I’m surprising my mom with a WDW trip for her 65th birthday, and we will be there in early December!)

For those that have experience, which restaurant would you recommend I book, and why? What particular dishes at this restaurant really shine?Should I do a breakfast/lunch reservation, or a dinner one? Why?

The most important question is this: Exactly how do I get one of these reservations? Do I need to call?

***I do understand that we are playing with a lot of “what ifs” just now, but this is more fun to think about than just about anything else going on in real life right now. Thanks for indulging my curiosity and sharing your experiences!***

It’s a bit early for CP but yes it gives one something to do 🙂.

We opted for Tokyo Dining to book the event. It’s close to the venue and we like the food minus dessert.I think you are allowed to order the special menu or a la carte. After the first time we opted for a la carte.

We used to do the dinner package for the last show of the night at
Chefs de France. You got a choice of an appetizer, entree, dessert, and
non alcoholic drink. It is one of our favorite restaurants at Epcot and on the same side of the showcase as the American pavilion so we would walk around a little after the meal before getting in the line for those with packages about 30-45 minutes before the show. You could book online or call.

In 2019 we did breakfast at Ale and Compass. It was one of the least expensive choices and the food was great; they gave us the buffet plus entree option and a non-alcoholic beverage. You can (or could; not sure if there will be a new procedure this year) book just like a regular dining reservation on MDE; go to the dining page and choose "dining events".

We always eat at Chef's de France and do a 5:30 dinner then get in line for the last performance. The line builds real fast, we usually get in line 45 minutes prior to the show and by no means are we even near the front of the line.
If/when the announce it, the popular restaurants fill up quick on the first day. Given that the wait times on phone lines are usually hours, you should book online if you can.
If my memory serves me right, they usually announce CP around the end of June or early July.
A lot of websites are anticipating CP this year, but nobody has really heard of anything coming from Disney.
Also keep in mind that several Epcot restaurants that participate in the CP are still closed such as Nine Dragons, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose & Crown, and Tokyo Dining.

Chefs de France is probably the best Pavilion restaurant in EPCOT, in food, atmosphere and service. However its sort of like eating at home so it gets less patronage from us.
Still, every meal we’ve had there was honest and good.

We’ve done dinner and breakfast a couple of times and we prefer breakfast by far. We’re not early dinner eaters so the dinner times are just too early for us. Also, we rarely want dessert right after our entree, and the package includes dessert. I love that the breakfast option is cheaper, allows us to eat breakfast, have plenty of time before the show, and then we can still do a sit down dinner after at the time we choose.

As for how to book, the packages have been available to book via the online reservation system the last few years. It’s clear that the booking is for the Candlelight Processional Package. You choose the dining time and are assigned the showtime along with the dining ADR.

So hopeful this will be back this year!

I definitely hope it will be back! Chefs de France or La Hacienda de San Angel are our typical choices and we usually go for the last show of the night. Chefs more often than not. There's just something about the atmosphere - I feel like it glows at night - and the garlands and sipping champagne and watching the people walking by (if seated in those rooms) ... we just love it.

Here's a thread from 2019 (was canceled in 2020) with details on booking (online and phone; pre-payment required), narrators, and other comments. In 2019 booking started July 3rd.

Last edited:
Made a point of bypassing some of the more popular hosts and waited for Rita Moreno. Seeing her in shows from the ‘50s and comparing her to the version on the stage in the 21st century is truly history in the making.

Last edited:
I hope .... keeping fingers crossed...

That CP will be back this year. This is one of our favorite events, and it really brings on that Christmas spirit. Being AP holders and Florida Residents this is a highlight of the year. We have even gotten lucky and got to see it a few times each season, not always with the package, just gotten lucky and been able to slide into the last show of the night.

In the past we have had dinner or a later lunch. Spice Road tables normally is our first choice, with the new menu, not sure if we will return to it or not. Chef's de France, and Tokyo dinning both have been nice spots for a meal...

Whatever you choose it will be a fun night, Enjoy

The last time we did the CP dining package was 2019, we had tickets for the 5pm show, so our meal package was for a late lunch.
We ate at Rose & Crown around 3pm then they give you the tickets for the CP after the meal.
They will have a line at The American Theater for dining package guests on one side and another line for non dining guests.
The lines start early by the way.

We love R&C, they have delicious food, the fish and chips are so crunchy and fresh

I'm hoping they bring it back too! Last time in 2019, we did breakfast at the Garden Grill. It was great and then we didn't have to "rush" having dinner reservations to get into the line (yes the line is still very long, even for the meal package). We probably waited for about an hour + til they let us in. I liked that we didn't have to rush thru a dinner.
Oh and I've always just booked the package thru the dining reservations online!

It's now 60 days out. I tried to book the Candlelight Processional Dinner Package online and was not able to. I called, and after a two-hour wait to talk to a cast member, they indicated they don't know if they will be offering dinner packages this year for Candlelight Processional. I was told to keep checking online.

Booking dining reservations this year has been incredibly challenging for anyone staying offsite. You are competing with folks staying on-site who have a 10-day head-start and there's very little options left by the time you are able to book. Every day I got online at 6AM to find there's little to nothing left to reserve.

It's getting close to ADR time and I'm still waiting for CLP dining packages to start...:bored::rolleyes:

Candlelight is booked on a certain day, not at 60 days.
IF they have packages this year , they will announce the booking date with cost / details . Usually on a Tuesday. Better staffing.

Candlelight is booked on a certain day, not at 60 days.
IF they have packages this year , they will announce the booking date with cost / details . Usually on a Tuesday. Better staffing.
This!

Boatloads of us are well within our “60 day” booking window. When… if… they open up packages, I expect the system to be slammed.

I look at the WDW website frequently, but actually find my DIS friends to be much more in the know so I always check here first :teeth:

This!

Boatloads of us are well within our “60 day” booking window. When… if… they open up packages, I expect the system to be slammed.

I look at the WDW website frequently, but actually find my DIS friends to be much more in the know so I always check here first :teeth:
I didn't even think about it probably being on a Tuesday. Makes sense!

Educated guess- will it be announced before a Tuesday and then be available Tuesday morning, or will it be something that it is made public at 3 am on a Tuesday and booking starts a few hours later? Just wondering if I need to get up every Tuesday at an insane hour and check or be fairly comfortable knowing it will be announced in advance.

I am only there for the week of Thanksgiving and hoping to snag a dining package when they open for Friday 11/26 which I believe would be the first night. Fingers crossed!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter