Candlelight Processional Questions!

thefriendlyfloridian

forever speeding down I4 East
Going to see Dr. Bailey next week and wondering if there is anyway to see the presenters before the shows? Do they walk around the parks where do they enter? Also if we are Dining Package how early should we get their to get as close as possible?

There is no set time that they walk around the parks ahead of time. I have seen pics posted of people seeing them with their families, but that is random (for good reason).

If you have the dining package and want to sit very close, get there at least an hour before the show. You can still get a good seat arriving a half hour in advance, but it won't be right up front.

We were there last week and with the dining package for the 6:45 show, we were in line around 5:40 or so. We weren't in the very front, but 1) didn't want to be and 2) had pretty much our choice of where to sit, which was the first row of the section by the main front walkway.

I have a CP question also for this week. My daughter and I planned this trip in August and made a day dining package reservation. My son wasn't confirmed for vacation days until a month ago and I have added him to our trip. I have been completely unsuccessful at changing our CP reservation from 2 to 3 people. I have been trying via the call center. Is this something you would expect to open up at the last minute? Do people cancel these? I really wanted the Rose and Crown, but have offered to change to any restaurant with no luck.

I have a CP question also for this week. My daughter and I planned this trip in August and made a day dining package reservation. My son wasn't confirmed for vacation days until a month ago and I have added him to our trip. I have been completely unsuccessful at changing our CP reservation from 2 to 3 people. I have been trying via the call center. Is this something you would expect to open up at the last minute? Do people cancel these? I really wanted the Rose and Crown, but have offered to change to any restaurant with no luck.

To be quite honest, if you don't have any luck officially changing the reservation I would show up with your son, chances are they will accommodate you.

To be quite honest, if you don't have any luck officially changing the reservation I would show up with your son, chances are they will accommodate you.

A CP dining package is a bit different than a regular ADR, though. I don't think I'd be willing to take that chance.

A CP dining package is a bit different than a regular ADR, though. I don't think I'd be willing to take that chance.
Yes, that's what I think. I had to prepay for these. I didn't think it would be a big deal to add him when I first tried, but I've made several attempts, so I guess it is a big deal. I wouldn't think much of telling him to go standby line and hoping for the best, but we really don't want to eat our meal without him with us.

We did not prepay for our dining pkg. We showed up about 45 minutes before the show and they had already let in most of the very long dining pkg line but we got great seats anyway. A few days later we walked up to the standby line for another show about 15 minutes before showtime and got great seats too.

Are you sure? I've had CP dining packages twice this season, and never had to prepay.
I was pretty sure I had prepaid, but I've been trying to log on to my Disney Experience for an hour to check this and I can't get it to load my info. Keep getting a "Try Again Later". I will let you know for sure once I can access my information. On a side note, I am sitting here thinking what mass chaos would ensure if this system "goes down" for a period of time while you are in the parks.

I was pretty sure I had prepaid, but I've been trying to log on to my Disney Experience for an hour to check this and I can't get it to load my info. Keep getting a "Try Again Later". I will let you know for sure once I can access my information. On a side note, I am sitting here thinking what mass chaos would ensure if this system "goes down" for a period of time while you are in the parks.

Can't you just look it up on your credit card history?

CP Dining Packages haven't been pre-paid for several years. We did the CP Dining Package this past weekend (12/12) and paid at the restaurant.

CP Dining Packages haven't been pre-paid for several years. We did the CP Dining Package this past weekend (12/12) and paid at the restaurant.

The last time I did it was in 2007, and it wasn't pre-paid then. In fact, I still have the receipt (blame PassPorter and in particular, the PassPockets in their guidebooks ;)) and it shows I paid at the restaurant with my Disney Visa reward dollars.

I do not see the charge on my credit card statement. I was wrong about pre-paying for this then. My son says he absolutely does not care about getting into the show and will do something else during it. However, he really wants to eat with us at Rose and Crown because it's one of his favorites (scotch eggs fan). What would be your suggestion for eating here with us? Show up as a 3 instead of a 2 or just cancel the reservation if they can't fit him in?

I do not see the charge on my credit card statement. I was wrong about pre-paying for this then. My son says he absolutely does not care about getting into the show and will do something else during it. However, he really wants to eat with us at Rose and Crown because it's one of his favorites (scotch eggs fan). What would be your suggestion for eating here with us? Show up as a 3 instead of a 2 or just cancel the reservation if they can't fit him in?

Getting him in may not be as much of an issue as getting him the CP dining package, although it might depend on whether Rose and Crown has tables for 2. If they don't, then it shouldn't be a problem because a party of 2 or a party of 3 would be put at a table for 4, which means you'd get the same size table either way.

I had the package on 12/5 at Via Napoli. It was $54. I added it up from the menus, it would have been $44 without the package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter