Cape May Seafood-and-More Dinner Buffet

Micka Mouse

Mouseketeer
Hi all!
Looking for info on the Seafood and More Dinner Buffet at Beach Club. If we don't have the dining plan, is it worth it? From what I've read, it looks like it's $59 per adult...am I correct?
Thank you!
Shannon

We ate there a couple of years ago and won't return. Food options weren't any better than a local Golden Corral buffet. Thought the crab legs (which is what most people rave about) were small and cold. You'll get a lot of people who rave about the place but I would keep my expectations low.

Hi all!
Looking for info on the Seafood and More Dinner Buffet at Beach Club. If we don't have the dining plan, is it worth it? From what I've read, it looks like it's $59 per adult...am I correct?
Thank you!
Shannon

If you listen to others instead of trying a restaurant yourself you will never eat at Disney!!! There are always some that will have issues with each and every restaurant - not talking about the same people!

Cape May is one of our favorite restaurants at Disney. We go (usually) twice in each trip - just went twice a few weeks ago. We have 'never' had crab legs less than scrumptious in all our trips - they're always hot, as they 'go' so fast! :) Love, love that place!! Usually go on a fried shrimp night also, and that is one of our favs. The clam chowder is also very good. If fact, like I said, we love it all, even though we mostly eat the seafood.

Don't be hesitant to try it for yourself and make your own conclusions!! :)
As for worth?? All restaurants at Disney are waaayyy over priced, but considering that, yes, it is worth the $$$'s.

And, don't be confused - a 'Golden Corral' it is 'not'!!!

We really enjoy Cape May and have eaten there 3 or 4 times. The food has always been very good and fresh. I think it is definitely one of the best Disney Buffet Restaurants.

If you are going before 9/30/17 and anyone in your party has an Annual Pass, the price is about $29.99 per adult.

That said, we ate at Cape May last September, and it was the first time I ever found it disappointing. Puny crab legs that were difficult to clean, tiny clams, hardly any salads and seafood chowder instead of the awesome New England clam chowder that I looked forward to enjoying. The best thing were roasted brussel sprouts.

Later the same week, we ate at the Swan's Garden Grove Seafood Sensation which is always on Friday and Saturday nights, sometimes Thursdays. It was about 900 times better for the same price after their AAA discount.

The crab legs there were much bigger and meatier and easier to clean. Each person gets a delicious stuffed half lobster. The prime rib, salmon mashed potatoes and green beans were all outstanding.

I would say that anyone not on the Dining Plan on a Friday or Saturday night will be much happier with the Garden Grove versus Cape May which was one of our favorites for years. At one time, Cape May's food seemed much more upscale.

Thanks, everyone! My biggest concern was the cost. We always do the dining plan, so I never looked at meal cost before. But since we are just stopping through for one night this summer, no meal plan :(.

We always enjoy Cape May too but the last time we were there it seemed like they weren't changing out the fresh food with the older food that had been sitting there for a while...that being said it must be nearly impossible to keep up with everything! As far as Crab legs go...YUM! my husband loves the Muscles and Clams...all very tasty. We used our dining plan last time and it worked out really well...it's worth it for us!

My last trip in May Cape May wasn't as good as usual. The crab legs were small and hard to get the meat out. Everything else was good. The young man sitting facing me had no trouble at all with the crab legs. He went back at least 5 times for them while I was there. Would I go again? Yes. I have an ADR for my December trip.

It might be $59 in peak season, but I think we paid $49 - 10% discount for Disney Visa when we were there at the beginning of May. We love Cape May. I would give up all other ADRs and just eat there if I had to. That being said, I do not prefer crab legs so I rarely eat them there. Lightly breaded shrimp, fried clams, mussels, peel and eat shrimp. Yumm. Their desserts this last trip were the best!

While my family liked Cape May (unlimited crab legs-hello! and we found them nice size and hot/fresh) it was about same price as Joe's Crab Shack-we all got a version of the boil. And comparing-Joe's was probably better in many ways for the price.

We ate at Cape May last month and the food was really good. We don't eat the crab legs but it looked like everyone else in the restaurant did. :)

I am just not that impressed with Cape May. It is adequate. As a point of reference, I am not that into crab legs (too much work). The rest of the food was okay, but not something I would go out of my way to partake

Worth it? Is any restaurant worth the heavily inflated prices associated with the captive audience and incredible demand that comes from limited options in a complex with thousands of people needing something to eat and respite from touring in the extreme Florida heat? This explains the attraction of the DDP. At least once you've paid the high cost of the plan you are happy that the restaurants are super expensive because it justifies your decision. :)

Cape May can be hit or miss. Sometimes it's fantastic and other times it's just okay. I hate it when it's super crowded... Nothing worse than a long buffet line. But if it's not too packed and it's a good food night, then it's not-to-be-missed if you like seafood! I think it's worth a try at least once.

Does anyone know the days they have fried calamari?

We went there on a day that was suppose to have fried calamari and they had fried clams strips instead. Needless to say I was not very happy.

We try to eat here on every trip because we are big seafood lovers and was not impressed with the food this last time. Our waiter was outstanding though.

My party liked Cape May, though I did find the crab legs lacking (many overcooked so no meat), but it appeased both my mother and I (seafood lovers) and my sister (likes some seafood, but overall has a much more child-like palette).

Where can I find a list of what seafood is available which nights? I would love to try this hen fried shrimp and don't need want to miss out on crab legs!

We have eaten there several times and never paid $59 - more like $40s. We really did enjoy our times there. The crab legs were brought out fresh and hot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter