Car Rentals at Aulani

Keyframer30

Animator and Disneyphile
Hi fellow DIS boarders...

Has anyone been able to rent a car at the Alamo at Aulani? Are there any other options nearby?

I am trying to book a car for our trip in April but the Alamo and Enterprise websites for the Ko Olina area are showing no availability...is booking a car a hot thing at Aulani?

Thank you in advance for any insight...

Yesterday, I went on Expedia.ca and booked two vehicles for a Feb vacation.It is with Enterprise at the resort.

While the Aulani Alamo does run out of cars, you’re probably just experiencing the current rental car shortage as to why there is no availability. I believe the Marriott next door has the Enterprise location. You may need to try other platforms for availability. There is also Hui Car, which has a couple of cars nearby. You have to sign up in the app, but that or Turo may be options if you aren‘t able to get a reservation for a reasonable price.

While the Aulani Alamo does run out of cars, you’re probably just experiencing the current rental car shortage as to why there is no availability. I believe the Marriott next door has the Enterprise location. You may need to try other platforms for availability. There is also Hui Car, which has a couple of cars nearby. You have to sign up in the app, but that or Turo may be options if you aren‘t able to get a reservation for a reasonable price.
We rented through Turo and have had a good experience so far. (At Aulani now)

There was no availability online, but I called Enterprise and they had multiple options. They applied a Costco code over the phone as well

Thanks all! I went with tropp's suggestion and was able to book through Expedia.

Cheers!

Looks like Hui location at the golf course in Ko Olina has disappeared!

Just wondering what people are paying for car rentals? What kind of car, price range, length... Im looking at end of May 2022 and trying to gauge if the prices are the same-ish.

Just wondering what people are paying for car rentals? What kind of car, price range, length... Im looking at end of May 2022 and trying to gauge if the prices are the same-ish.

We’re going mid-March and I’m trying not to choke at paying about $100/day for an intermediate suv (Nissan Rogue). I keep checking every couple of days to see if prices have dropped, but so far, no luck.

we were around 1100 for a week with a Camery, both march break and July. Then went with our Aeroplan miles and wow,,using points saved us a ton. So if you have a reward program, see if they do car rentals.

We’re going mid-March and I’m trying not to choke at paying about $100/day for an intermediate suv (Nissan Rogue). I keep checking every couple of days to see if prices have dropped, but so far, no luck.

I am going March 16-25th. I booked a car from the Enterprise near (but not AT the airport) at 609 Ahua Street. It was $382.01 total for 9 days. i figured the uber expense to and from that location to the airport was more than worth it.

I am going March 16-25th. I booked a car from the Enterprise near (but not AT the airport) at 609 Ahua Street. It was $382.01 total for 9 days. i figured the uber expense to and from that location to the airport was more than worth it.

I’ll look into that, thx.

—- Looked into it. Reason it didn’t show up in my searches is that they’re only open 7:30 - 5. We land at 9:45 pm and don’t fly out until almost 11 pm.

Last edited:
It seems that recently Alamo has decided to no longer partner with Aulani and it will be switching over to another company. Also the Marriott no longer has a rental car company at its hotel there. The best thing to do is rent a car from a company at the airport. They have the largest inventory and you can get some really decent deals. Make sure to keep checking back for prices since they usually go down between 3 to 6 weeks from your arrival date

I’ll look into that, thx.

—- Looked into it. Reason it didn’t show up in my searches is that they’re only open 7:30 - 5. We land at 9:45 pm and don’t fly out until almost 11 pm.
Yeah thwy will be closed when we arrive as well. But we figured we will just Uber back to Honolulu the next morning and pick it up. Even with the 2 Uber rides we will still save about $500

We're going on August 2022 and usually, booking out so for in advance is worth it, but I'm wondering if we should just wait. We need two vehicles, for 6 days, and both are coming in around $780 each for a standard car, regardless of location. I went in August 2017 and it was $350 for 9 days 😭

We typically use Costco travel.... No cancel fees etc... Ez to rebook if price gets better.

We were there in Sept. 10 days for $450...

We typically use Costco travel.... No cancel fees etc... Ez to rebook if price gets better.

We were there in Sept. 10 days for $450...
The rate I found was through Costco travel.. I wonder if August is just a hot time to visit and to anticipate it's going to be nearly $800 for each car. Ugh. :(

I am planning on going at the of July - there are 7 of us. I was hoping for a surburban but so far the largest I have found is an Expedition. No even sure if the suburban would have held all the luggage but I know the expedition wont hold 7 full size suitcase behind the 3rd seat. So I was thinking on Ubering my luggage to the hotel. Does anyone know how much an uber would cost from the airport to Aulani? Or is there a shuttle service from airport to Aulani?

We are spending the first part of the trip on Waikiki and have transfers from the airport to the hotel there - so the luggage won't be a problem.

Since I am planning on having the car the entire time (Oahu/Aulani) - I figure I could transfer people / luggage the first part of the trip and then Uber/shuttle the luggage the second part of the trip.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter